Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:45 pm

guryter wrote:3 hours to travel for a show isn't thaaaaat bad. Texas is huge tho, I always seem to forget that fact.
I do the Dallas to Austin hike for shows at least a couple times a year; It's also nice to get out of town every now and again. But I do try and make it only for big deal (to me) shows.
guryter
Art Expert

Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Yeah I've gone out of state a few times for shows, once to Montreal. Even to hit an NYC show is about 3 hours round trip for me, so driving up to CT or into NJ isn't that bad.

Guess I'll add another peeve....Australian bands that kick ass touring Aus but not coming the the states...I need to see Karnivool again damnit.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:29 pm

guryter wrote:Yeah I've gone out of state a few times for shows, once to Montreal. Even to hit an NYC show is about 3 hours round trip for me, so driving up to CT or into NJ isn't that bad.

Guess I'll add another peeve....Australian bands that kick ass touring Aus but not coming the the states...I need to see Karnivool again damnit.
Oh, I've got a massive list of non-north-american bands that don't tour over here (or, if they do they only hit NY and LA) that I'd love to catch. Australia certainly seems like a place that is damn difficult to tour from/to (though Camp Cope is coming back through again June, which is awesome).

I'm travelling up to NYC to catch a show next month, and am very much looking forward to getting out of town.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:35 pm

drymounting neanderthal assholes that send you an email but instead of waiting for you to respond, show up in your office 10 minutes after it was sent asking if I received it and what the answer is. These same drymounts usually don't respond at all when an email is sent to them. I snapped a little on one yesterday and told them to go check their email and stop bugging me.
I'm not someone else.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:58 am

Stapled invoices rolled up with posters. Just stop already. You're scratching my fudge. :x

p.s. Same with thick postcards and stickers. When a tube arrives I don't want to hear fudge rattling around inside.

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:17 am

Staples period with regards to art in a tube. More places than ever are stapling the fuggin end caps.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:06 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:drymounting neanderthal assholes that send you an email but instead of waiting for you to respond, show up in your office 10 minutes after it was sent asking if I received it and what the answer is. These same drymounts usually don't respond at all when an email is sent to them. I snapped a little on one yesterday and told them to go check their email and stop bugging me.
I work with a sales guy whose client sends me an after hours email on which he is copied....sales guy immediately sends an email follow up...text 5 minutes later....phone call 5 minutes after that. I will give him credit on one thing: he knows how much I care about his client.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:16 pm

i dont know whats worst. staples on the tube caps or the lady laz method of taping the print to the tube at each end.

just put a crumpled piece of paper in the tube to stop it from shifting around.

there is no way this method is time efficient for them.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:37 pm

35mmpaul wrote: just put a crumpled piece of paper in the tube to stop it from shifting around.
No, don't do that. Cut the fugging craft to the length of the tube (minus end caps) and tape the roll. Any other methods of "preventing shifting" are pure idiocy.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:41 pm

I can't drymounting stand how they tape the roll to the tube. Huge pain in the ass.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:42 pm

Codeblue wrote:
35mmpaul wrote: just put a crumpled piece of paper in the tube to stop it from shifting around.
No, don't do that. Cut the fugging craft to the length of the tube (minus end caps) and tape the roll. Any other methods of "preventing shifting" are pure idiocy.
How bout this: save the fudge that fits from inside a tube that was sent to you and reuse it.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:58 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
How bout this: save the fudge that fits from inside a tube that was sent to you and reuse it.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Dat only works when the tube was packed properly to begin with. And we're talking about artists/retailers here. Focus.
fredo
Art God

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:22 pm

sixstringer wrote:Stapled invoices rolled up with posters. Just stop already. You're scratching my fudge. :x

p.s. Same with thick postcards and stickers. When a tube arrives I don't want to hear fudge rattling around inside.
Suit yourself. That's just more bonus s/n MBW throwing stars for us.
just a foil for me today, thanks
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Codeblue wrote:
wut. how does putting crumpled paper as padding between the craft paper and cap not prevent shifting?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!