Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:10 am

Then that sucks, man. I would find another seller (if possible). Or maybe life happened and he will get back to you when he can.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:50 pm

I like Ian McKellen. He's a great actor. A legend.

His Instagram posts have been showing up on my feed the last couple of days. I don't want this. It's a thing that I don't want. I don't follow him, not because I'm not a fan, I just don't follow him, never have. WTF Instagram? The new formula was bad enough, now I just get random posts??!!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Does it say Sponsored on his post? Could be that it's an ad
So it goes...
Cragars
Art Expert

Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Bikejoh wrote:Do we need to talk about feet hygiene, mister white-circles-in-the-hotel-room?
:lol:
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:23 pm

IWish
Art Expert

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Bikejoh wrote:Do we need to talk about feet hygiene, mister white-circles-in-the-hotel-room?
I confess that I don't understand what this means and I don't want to know. If it's about feet hygiene no doubt it's something disgusting. Even as a kid, I could never 'rent' skates or bowling shoes. That's so gross.

As young as 9-10 years old, I had one mold to make decorative wall plaques. I bought boxes of plaster-of-paris from the local hardware to mix-up and make them. I'd hand-paint them to sell to neighbors for money to buy my own skates.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Just an old story, not mine to tell.. :wink:
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:58 am

When someone tells you you're a bad friend because you haven't seen them in a while. Luls

I think that argument may only be valid in high school, not when you're 30 years old and working a full-time job + on call most weekends 2 states away. If you can't pick up with someone (even a very close friend) where you left off despite life circumstances, you should probably not have friends to begin with.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:39 am

ccsmd598 wrote:When someone tells you you're a bad friend because you haven't seen them in a while. Luls

I think that argument may only be valid in high school, not when you're 30 years old and working a full-time job + on call most weekends 2 states away. If you can't pick up with someone (even a very close friend) where you left off despite life circumstances, you should probably not have friends to begin with.
Yep. Proof its more about their ego and needs than the actual friendship.

I go years without seeing some friends. And there is zero expectation on either side with real life taking up so much time. We fall back into the rapport immediately and would help each other out in a sec without needing any constant massaging of relationship over the years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:49 am

rubberneck wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:When someone tells you you're a bad friend because you haven't seen them in a while. Luls

I go years without seeing some friends. And there is zero expectation on either side with real life taking up so much time. We fall back into the rapport immediately and would help each other out in a sec without needing any constant massaging of relationship over the years.
Exactly - well said. There really is something special about picking up with friends after months/years. My fiancee and I just met up with one of my closest college friends and his wife (had been about 2.5 years since I've seen them) and had a wonderful time. Like you said, it doesn't take long at all to catch up at all and a bond of friendship is always there.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:56 am

rubberneck wrote:

This. Most of my friends are all over the country (or world in some cases) and it's literally years between seeing some of them. Never miss a beat when we do get fortunate enough to spend time together though.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Wedding party intros at receptions.

Oh look! Here comes the best man and his shitfaced date! What are they wearing!? BIG NOVELTY SUNGLASSES!? NO WAY! THAT'S HILARIOUS! ANNND they're coming out to a DMX hard-rap song AND they're white!? OH man this is one for the ages!
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Dudes who bring their bikes on to the subway during morning rush hour.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:16 am

Commercials that start with “if you were affected by hurricane Harvey”. And then proceed to tell you how the car dealer, home builder, lawyer is there to help, followed by their normal commercial. Help would be doing probono insurance claims, help would be half off all used cars on the lot, help would be getting into the hardest hit areas and start picking up the fudge lining the streets. I am glad you are willing to extend employee pricing to those affected, but don’t build it up to be some huge thing on your part, as you do the same thing 2 or 3 times a year even without a natural disaster.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:31 pm

People that hold up elevators (while others are in it) because they're having a conversation with someone standing outside of it :evil: