Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:49 pm

It will pop up notifications in yo face on your phone. That's how I use it.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Great! Thanks.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Codeblue wrote:I should add Google Calendar to the anti peeves. It's literally helping me get my fudge together as far as remembering drops and other simple fudge that most people prolly remember on their own.
I just use my work calendar for this. Same with concerts and really any other plan I'm likely to forget (which is pretty much everything). The pop-up reminders are invaluable.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:38 pm

RottenAtom wrote:When companies constantly update things and 'fix' things that don't need fixing. Google updated the look of their calendar, a program that I need access to all day everyday at work, and it is absolutely terrible. They changed the colors of my appointments and everything. Thanks google, this fudge looks like it is designed for a cell phone and it's a drymounting eyesore.

:cussing:
Eh, I like it well enough. They fixed some of my pet peeves with the older version. And google does this every few years, where they'll do a drastic redesign of their suite of apps. Every time, there's initial dislike from a lot of people who are so used to the way it was, but then ultimately those people get to like the new version just as much if not more. Google puts a ton of research into user experience and are always trying to improve. So most of their changes are driven by pretty legit reasons.
So it goes...
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:40 pm

RA, embrace the change

Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:00 pm

drymount change. I'm trying to do my job here and I don't have time to re-learn this program's idiosyncrasies on the fly. It is visually repugnant compared to the previous look and it's a huge pain in the ass that all my different meeting colors and tabs are switched from what they were.

The 'research' is just a buncha jagoff millenial fuckwits shitting all over a perfectly good program. At least give us the option to keep the old way or the old look, or find a way to transition without messing my stuff up. Rant over. I'll get over it... but I'll be back next time they change it.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:02 pm

We have a saying at the office for anytime you have to rely on some sort of "cloud services"...LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS. Let's just say that saying comes up a lot
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
fredo
Art God

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Shiz li'dis:
Great insights by my friend here on a key skillset to develop and/or add on your team to meet the requirements of a growth oriented, data-driven enterprise.
just a foil for me today, thanks
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:36 pm

RottenAtom wrote: The 'research' is just a buncha jagoff millenial fuckwits shitting all over a perfectly good program.
Millennials, amirite?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:46 pm

fredo wrote:Shiz li'dis:
Great insights by my friend here on a key skillset to develop and/or add on your team to meet the requirements of a growth oriented, data-driven enterprise.
Huh?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:19 pm

why don't you just feed the calendar into a desktop program you aesthetically like using.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:57 pm

35mmpaul wrote:why don't you just feed the calendar into a desktop program you aesthetically like using.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:42 pm

People who can't drive on snow and ice. I understand that people in the south don't see this type of weather very often but if you don't know how to drive on it just stay home. I had to drive 12 miles on a
2 lane road behind a car that wouldn't go faster than 25 MPH. The road had some snow cover but two ruts that were clear to the pavement.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:46 pm

jjttdw wrote:People who can't drive on snow and ice. I understand that people in the south don't see this type of weather very often but if you don't know how to drive on it just stay home. I had to drive 12 miles on a
2 lane road behind a car that wouldn't go faster than 25 MPH. The road had some snow cover but two ruts that were clear to the pavement.
Some people don't really have the option to just stay home...
So it goes...
fredo
Art God

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:50 pm

SAD!
just a foil for me today, thanks