Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:05 am

jjttdw wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:
Hey did you know your name spells psychology backwards?

Lol
Did you know Lol is a palindrome tho?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
fredo
Art God

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:14 am

rubberneck wrote:
jjttdw wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:
Hey did you know your name spells psychology backwards?

Lol
Did you know Lol is a palindrome tho?
And that there's no 'pal' in 'Thunderdome'?
just a foil for me today, thanks
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:50 am

mfaith wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:New gmail looks like fudge and has a bunch of unnecessary features. Hope they don't force us all to switch over.
:lol: For a second, thought I accidentally jumped back a few dozen pages to when you said that about calendar
I actually checked to see what page I am on. Twice! Luls.

To be fair though, I stopped using gmail app on the phone unless I absolutely have to a long long time ago. If there were no those I-absolutely-have-to, I would actually delete the app from my phone.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:19 am

mfaith wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:
mfaith wrote: But default is still the same ordering as it's always been...

default is the picture I posted.
Once again, you're wrong. I wasn't even talking about the grouping/category feature you were talking about. I was talking about sorting order within the inbox. With this new update you have multiple options with how you can have them ordered. Chronological is still default. But you can turn on options such as having unread messages float to the top, and messages you haven't responded to yet. Etc.
mfaith wrote:Maybe seek first to understand rather than just blindly throwing stones.
Also, how's Windows 98 working out for you?

Once again... let me remind you of what I posted initially that you responded to:
ygolohcysp wrote:

classic gmail or nothing at all for this user. I can't stand anything being automatically sorted by rules I didn't write.
You're the one that decided what the "sorting" that I typed meant. It's you that's wrong in this case. Incoming mail is sorted into default inboxes with headings exactly like in my image by default in the "new" gmail. I don't use that because I don't want my incoming mail sorted by rules that I didn't write. Like the ones I had set up to sort my mail for me by label long before "new" gmail came along.

Maybe take the time to understand what you're reading before you respond.
fredo
Art God

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:11 am

Good talk
just a foil for me today, thanks
Cragars
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:38 am

rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:19 am

mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 am

Dude, you brought up a feature that was introduced two drymounting years ago, in a conversation where we were discussing features introduced this week. The NEW feature that was introduced related to "sorting" was for sort order, and based off of rules. So your comment very easily could have meant that feature, rather than the one that's been in the app for years. Pardon the confusion... lol Maybe pay attention to context. OR you could always open up a new thread and melt out like you did before. There's always that option. :roll:
So it goes...
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:50 am

To be honest, this whole conversation was stupid and unnecessary. Michael, I think you need to let people have their peeves. If I want to complain every time google changes something, this is the place to do it. I don't need you to sell me on the changes like some kind of google spokesman. No offense, but If you don't think its a worthy peeve or something, tough cookies compadre, you can drymount right off... I even stated in my original complaint before, that I would most likely complain again if/when they make more changes.
ygolohcysp wrote:But the best thing about gmail classic is that I didn't even have to try and figure that out. I didn't have to dive into any menus, I didn't have to choose or disable anything, it already works the way I want it to :pint:
:!:
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:53 am

It's not that I don't think it's worthy of a peeve. It's that, working in technology and UI design, my own pet peeve is people bitching about change, and then realizing that it was actually well-considered, and then bitching again the next time. These guys put so much research into this stuff. I'm sorry if you thought I was dismissive of your peeve, but you basically uncovered my own peeve. Which I also have a right to...
So it goes...
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:21 am

Pet peeves, serious business.

ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:21 am

mfaith wrote:Pardon the confusion

No problem :pint:

No need to get all melty about it though.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:50 am

lol k
So it goes...
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:22 pm

mfaith wrote:lol k
:lol: I know, it happens to the best of us sometimes :lol:

Here's a new peeve: developers who take a perfectly good product and try to make it "better" for the end users, but then actually make it worse and introduce new problems. then they're so stubborn that they don't listen to feedback and keep trying to tell the users that "we know better". all the while a previously usable product has become the opposite and the former version is no longer available so the users exile en masse to an alternative that serves their needs. that annoys the drymounting fudge out of me from the user side.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:47 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
mfaith wrote:lol k
:lol: I know, it happens to the best of us sometimes :lol:
Huh? I swear you're like in a whole other world. haha. Do they call you ohcysp for short? :lol: Anyway, this thread's bad for me.

So it goes...