Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:01 pm

Dirty museum glass. fudge will not come clean for anything... Almost punched a hole through a Stout Star Wars print out of frustration. fudge's just gonna have to be all streaky, cause I don't have the time or patience for this.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:02 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Dirty museum glass. fudge will not come clean for anything... Almost punched a hole through a Stout Star Wars print out of frustration. fudge's just gonna have to be all streaky, cause I don't have the time or patience for this.
Aye, it smears and catches the light stronger than regular glass. Frustrating when speck of dirt or smears appear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:05 pm

rubberneck wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:Dirty museum glass. fudge will not come clean for anything... Almost punched a hole through a Stout Star Wars print out of frustration. fudge's just gonna have to be all streaky, cause I don't have the time or patience for this.
Aye, it smears and catches the light stronger than regular glass. Frustrating when speck of dirt or smears appear.
As a noob I had a Stout SW set framed by Aaron Bros. Didn't know they couldn't be cleaned with windex and Claudia effed em up good. Had psychedelic smearing ever since. Had to take down the prints while they worked on the building foundation and decided I'd give it a go and 'clean' them. Now they're worse and I'm super frustrated cursing these blasted posters and this entire stupid hobby :lol:
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:05 pm

Never had any problems with thumbtacks. Just wipe the print with a wet rag
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:09 pm

Bikejoh wrote:Never had any problems with thumbtacks. Just wipe the print with a wet rag
I just pulled the Stouts from their frames and stuck them each to the wall with a knife. Dundee style :pint:
Jasper73
Art Expert

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:10 pm

I've a problem with the cat sitting on the back of the sofa next to framed art lots of nose smears/ bum hole smears on the glass... I'm hoping it's the latter.
ImageT.K.C.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:12 pm

You'd rather have butthole smears? :P
Jasper73
Art Expert

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:14 pm

Ha.. Yep I should revise my statement.. But you know what.. I'll keep it as is. :D
ImageT.K.C.
alittle
Art Freak

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:16 pm

This. I have never found anything that effectively cleans museum glass without streaking. peacedog recommended the TruVue glass cleaner, by I haven't managed to source any yet.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:19 pm

alittle wrote:
This. I have never found anything that effectively cleans museum glass without streaking. peacedog recommended the TruVue glass cleaner, by I haven't managed to source any yet.
I talked to him on the phone a couple of hours ago and he recommended it to me too. I made a few calls and haven't found it at any local shops. I found it online, but you have to spend at least $35 to order (it's only $6 something). I'm gonna look around more tonight, if I find anything I'll let you know.

http://www.unitedmfrs.com/cart/detail.cfm?item=5464

Also- props to Further Frames. They gave me detailed instructions and recommendations of how to go about cleaning this and most of the local shops just told me about the specials they had on new glass.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:34 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
alittle wrote:
I talked to him on the phone a couple of hours ago and he recommended it to me too. I made a few calls and haven't found it at any local shops. I found it online, but you have to spend at least $35 to order (it's only $6 something). I'm gonna look around more tonight, if I find anything I'll let you know.

Also- props to Further Frames. They gave me detailed instructions and recommendations of how to go about cleaning this and most of the local shops just told me about the specials they had on new glass.
drymounting vultures...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Got the glass cleaner here: https://framing4yourself.com/shop/produ ... s-cleaner/

I will revisit this project with better ammo and a zen mind 8)
mattkardish
Art Expert

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:57 pm

good looks RA
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Ya'd think that Frame Destination dude would carry it too. HINT HINT.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:56 pm

RottenAtom wrote:I made a few calls and haven't found it at any local shops. I found it online, but you have to spend at least $35 to order (it's only $6 something). I'm gonna look around more tonight, if I find anything I'll let you know.

Sounds like an opportunity for a group buy.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH