Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:09 pm

mfaith wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:New gmail looks like fudge and has a bunch of unnecessary features. Hope they don't force us all to switch over.
:lol: For a second, thought I accidentally jumped back a few dozen pages to when you said that about calendar...and then ended up loving it. :lol:
Loving it is definitely an overstatement. I just admitted it wasn't terrible and a couple of the new functions were useful.

Perhaps the new gmail would end up tolerable too after some time, but from what I've seen it looks terrible and I'd prefer not to have to bear it at all. I think it takes the messages out of chronological order (wtf) and has unnecessary features like suggested responses and stuff.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:26 pm

RottenAtom wrote: I think it takes the messages out of chronological order (wtf) and has unnecessary features like suggested responses and stuff.
That's all configurable in the settings. You can have it float unread messages to the top for better visibility and stuff like that. But you can turn that off too (and I think it's off by default). The layout is configurable to, in the Display Density options. I actually prefer Compact mode myself, which is more similar to the old style. But if want one click availability of attachments and stuff like that, the Default option now provides that.

So, I guess I'd suggest scouring the settings, and you might find that the things you don't like at first glance can actually be solved via some settings changes. :cheers:
So it goes...
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:26 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
mfaith wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:New gmail looks like fudge and has a bunch of unnecessary features. Hope they don't force us all to switch over.
:lol: For a second, thought I accidentally jumped back a few dozen pages to when you said that about calendar...and then ended up loving it. :lol:
Loving it is definitely an overstatement. I just admitted it wasn't terrible and a couple of the new functions were useful.

Perhaps the new gmail would end up tolerable too after some time, but from what I've seen it looks terrible and I'd prefer not to have to bear it at all. I think it takes the messages out of chronological order (wtf) and has unnecessary features like suggested responses and stuff.

classic gmail or nothing at all for this user. I can't stand anything being automatically sorted by rules I didn't write.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:29 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
mfaith wrote:

classic gmail or nothing at all for this user. I can't stand anything being automatically sorted by rules I didn't write.
Again...it doesn't do that... You can turn on some more interesting sorting, intended to make messages that you haven't attended to more visible. But default is still the same ordering as it's always been...
So it goes...
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:30 pm

Oh I see, this isn't sorting? Is there a different term you use?

mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:01 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:Oh I see, this isn't sorting? Is there a different term you use?

...once again... It's all configurable. Maybe seek first to understand rather than just blindly throwing stones.

So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:15 pm

If they could just make my calendar notifications always work, then I'd be happy.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:21 pm

blue needs notifications, story time!
I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:24 pm

Duh. How else would I remember to do anything?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:28 pm

duke always true to the form :lol:
I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:55 pm

:lol:
So it goes...
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:07 pm

mfaith wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:Oh I see, this isn't sorting? Is there a different term you use?

...once again... It's all configurable. Maybe seek first to understand rather than just blindly throwing stones.

Let's note what I originally responded to :
mfaith wrote: But default is still the same ordering as it's always been...

default is the picture I posted.

But the best thing about gmail classic is that I didn't even have to try and figure that out. I didn't have to dive into any menus, I didn't have to choose or disable anything, it already works the way I want it to :pint:
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:13 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
mfaith wrote:

Let's note what I originally responded to :

But the best thing about gmail classic is that I didn't even have to try and figure that out. I didn't have to dive into any menus, I didn't have to choose or disable anything, it already works the way I want it to :pint:
Hey did you know your name spells psychology backwards?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:26 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:

Once again, you're wrong. I wasn't even talking about the grouping/category feature you were talking about. I was talking about sorting order within the inbox. With this new update you have multiple options with how you can have them ordered. Chronological is still default. But you can turn on options such as having unread messages float to the top, and messages you haven't responded to yet. Etc.
mfaith wrote:Maybe seek first to understand rather than just blindly throwing stones.
Also, how's Windows 98 working out for you?
So it goes...
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:38 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:
Hey did you know your name spells psychology backwards?

Lol
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart