Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
fredo
Art God

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:00 pm

bubbie wrote:I was going 123 (according to him) in a 100 zone, so I think I was doing ok. AND he got me when I was passing a vehicle (it's a one lane each way highway).
Classic terrible excuses.
just a foil for me today, thanks
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:15 pm

jjttdw wrote:Did he call you a hoser?
:lol:
He actually called me by my first name after I gave him my license. That was a first one for me as well, I think.
fredo wrote:Classic terrible excuses.
Not really. Like I said, I do not mind an occasional speeding ticket. But the rest was a load of bullshit. Expensive bullshit, I should add.
Also, I was expecting this form you:
fredo wrote:This just in from RCMP:
Disappointed.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:22 pm

IWish wrote:Having children changes things...you start living a bit more carefully. I know I did. I sold my motorcycle (small - 350 Honda) also, because I didn't want my son to ask for one as he got older. I sure miss that thing, though. The only reason I'd buy another is if I lived in a quake zone...as a bug-out bike. Heh.
I slowed down before having kids. Not sure why. Frontal cortex kicked in? Many people will disagree with that statement though.
I used to fly on the highways. The mud guards on my first car were parallel to the road. I mean they became and stayed like that from my driving. Was pretty funny, actually. Surprised I have never gotten a ticket for going faster than 39 km/h over the posted speed limit. Don't remember the last time I went faster than 100 mph. Sad.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:22 pm

The better question is did he apologize afterwards.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:23 pm

He did not, but I am sure he is sorry.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Got another one. This one is a funny one from a couple of days ago. Bought a 6-inch sub and was eating it while driving without realizing that the drymounting thing was leaking on me for who knows how long. Got to walk around with a drymounted up shirt a good part of the day. Tried cleaning it with water and it hardly helped.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:32 pm

people who eat while driving
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:33 pm

:lol: That one was to obvious.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:53 pm

I ripped the seam in my pants (ass end) one day at work. Heh. I didn't realize they got a little thread-bare at the seam. I wore my pants backwards for the rest of the day covering the hole in the front with a file folder.
fredo
Art God

Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:06 pm

bubbie wrote: Not really. Like I said, I do not mind an occasional speeding ticket. But the rest was a load of bullshit. Expensive bullshit, I should add.
Also, I was expecting this form you:
fredo wrote:refgif
Disappointed.

Always keep 'em guessing. Also I was just leaving the house for work/dropping the kid off #makintime4eb #ittakesavillage

ps your excuses still stink and you or someone just like you is gonna kill some poor Gretzky because of 'em. It's a statistical certainty.

pps
just a foil for me today, thanks
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:24 pm

fredo wrote:ps your excuses still stink and you or someone just like you is gonna kill some poor Gretzky because of 'em. It's a statistical certainty.
Are you talking about speeding or the sandwich?
The sandwich is a bad thing, no doubt about it. I don't really do it. Here I did and paid with my shirt for it.
Speeding, I am sure Gretzky will live.

Edit: or is it the plate cover and dark windows that will kill the boy?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:28 pm

Check engine light came on the day before my inspection :hanging:
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:32 pm

^ Deja vu or has it already happened in this thread?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:28 pm

bubbie wrote:^ Deja vu or has it already happened in this thread?
Check engine light has been an issue before. It's almost always an emissions censor that has nothing to do with the operation of the vehicle, just some Texas requirement necessary to pass inspection in order to get registration. After years of paying extra to have a shop pass it without fixing the issue, I ponied up $800 or something last year to fix the issue.

I think my previous post was when it popped on a month or so ago. It ended up going away on its own after a few days. I would've inspected the truck earlier in the month, but some idiot ran into my wife and busted our headlight. I ordered new ones that actually arrived less than an hour ago. The plan was to take the truck in tomorrow morning, have my buddy swap out the light, and do a proper legit inspection. Today I ran the codes and it is emissions or censor related. Depending on the price to fix it, I may be going the illegal route again. (The hell with paying money to jump through the man's hoops only to have to pay again for something that really doesn't matter...)
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Yeah, drymount the man!

thatsalligotgoodluckdude
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.