Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:40 pm

A police report is always helping in recouping loses.
ImageT.K.C.
fredo
Art God

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:42 pm

So are Italians.
just a foil for me today, thanks
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:had account info jacked! Currently over $4400 in the negative. Local person, too, they got card info and also my paypal login info, plus login of 3 other people. They were funneling money from all of the accounts into one or two of them, then using a debit card to make purchases from the funneled cash. They definitely had to be on camera multiple times (ATM withdrawal, restaurants, fancy stores like Gucci and Versace). Worth reporting to authorities? Paypal working on all of the transactions.
Public WiFi?
I donate anonymously.
NigerianPrince
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:31 pm

I hate Amazon. WalMart for life.
ripwalmart.jpg
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:16 am

virtualj wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:had account info jacked! Currently over $4400 in the negative. Local person, too, they got card info and also my paypal login info, plus login of 3 other people. They were funneling money from all of the accounts into one or two of them, then using a debit card to make purchases from the funneled cash. They definitely had to be on camera multiple times (ATM withdrawal, restaurants, fancy stores like Gucci and Versace). Worth reporting to authorities? Paypal working on all of the transactions.
Public WiFi?
Not sure when I was on public wifi, I've tried to think about that and couldn't figure it out... I don't even get on my jobs guest wifi on my phone, I just use data. On my phone I use fingerprint login for anything possible, including paypal.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:19 am

Prolly swiped at a restaurant or other local shop. Low tech is still da best way of getting dat fudge.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:21 am

Codeblue wrote:Prolly swiped at a restaurant or other local shop. Low tech is still da best way of getting dat fudge.
That could explain it if it was just the card. But the paypal login too... Seems like something more sophisticated.
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:24 am

How does he know so much about the other parties who got jacked? Paypal doesn't give out that kinda info and he didn't talk to da cops. Things that make ya go hmmmm.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:27 am

That is curious.
So it goes...
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:34 am

Bummer Cin, hope you get it all back. :neutral:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:08 am

Codeblue wrote:How does he know so much about the other parties who got jacked? Paypal doesn't give out that kinda info and he didn't talk to da cops. Things that make ya go hmmmm.
How do I know? Because it shows I received payments from 4 other people into my paypal account, in 200-300 dollar increments, 3-5 times each person to 'fill' my account with money then use the card tied to my paypal balance. It shows the names of the other accounts, and if I click on the 'transactions' it shows their paypal email addresses, too. Paypal said the person had access to these other folks accounts as well.

Actually 5 other people. Scott, Courtney, Kerry, Brandon, and Jonathan. Full names and email addresses as if they were making a goods/service payment to me. The least was $40 from Jonathan, the most was $2090 from Scott, the rest were in between around the 700-1000 point.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:18 am

It all started when I tried to make an online payment from my bank and it got declined. I checked my bank account and it was in the red, -$650. This included a couple overdraft fees then several insufficient funds charges from not having the money in the bank and the person trying to buy fudge through paypal. Then I went to paypal to login and my password didn't work, so I clicked forgot password thinking obviously someone accessed my account and maybe changed my password? Then i typed my email into forgot password and it said this email address doesn't have an account, so i went to the email address and logged in and saw yesterday between 5:28 and 5:31 that there were 3 emails from paypal, one that said a new email was added, one that said a new email was made primary, and the third said my real email was removed from the account. Then I called paypal and they helped me regain the account and i was able to see all of these transactions.

The criminal man or woman or zim or zer had a blast though, massive charges at Toys R Us, Best Buy, Gamestop, HEB, two ATM withdrawals, Gucci, Versace, Office Depot, Staples, Chick Fil A, Sbarro, BJs Restaurant, Gas station.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:46 am

Geez. Yeah, definitely file a police report.
So it goes...
agr719
Art Expert

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:17 am

Dude, that's insane. Hope you get it figured out quickly and relatively painlessly.

I had someone get my debit card info about 10 years back and book a trip to Vegas (flight and hotel), but I got everything resolved. No idea how or who. I'm sure it was because I was young and dumb and not as careful as I should have been online somewhere.
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:43 am

When there's a lighthearted/funny moment during a serious movie, and a quick bit of audience laughter = permission for some to have a small chat for the next 30 seconds.

Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!