Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:36 pm

That makes sense, and why I use my card for gas or fudge that's over 50 or so. But Paul sounds like the kind of guy who uses a card for a slice of pizza.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:50 pm

I use a card for just about everything. Still try to keep about $40—60 cash on hand just in case. #getwiththeprogramoldman
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:52 pm

I also roll with a change purse and count that fudge out every time.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:56 pm

#fannypack
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:19 am

so it's frowned upon to use cards for pizza? Because....¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:50 am

Codeblue wrote:I use a card for just about everything. #getwiththeprogramoldman
This.
peacedog
Art Expert

Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:11 pm

Since opening my own business I've become much more aware of how much money we're giving credit card companies for doing nothing. Their programs to gain airline miles and what-have-you aren't provided by them (as their commercials imply), they pass it on to the retailer. There's a fat man in a white suit laughing at us every time we use our cards. We request cash or check for our work, most of our clients oblige us. We run maybe a dozen cards a month. Anyone who has done work with us knows that their purchase is protected, we stand by our work. My $.02. Put it on the card, $.03.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:28 pm

:lol:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:55 pm

I just had a frustrating experience at the Post Office. They informed me that I can only insure something up to $650 when sending to the UK. Is this true? Can someone please chime in? If so, that is ridiculous. They said the UK set that price, not us. Not sure why they would do that. They're making this transaction a royal pain in the ass. They want to charge me $75 to ship it with less than half the amount covered by insurance. What do folks in the UK do when purchasing valuable prints from the US? Any help would be appreciated. Super annoyed...
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:46 pm

I fell like I have printed priority labels online with higher insurance. Might have been express.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
guryter
Art Expert

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:17 am

Yeah, you might need to bump up the service to access the higher insurance limit.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:28 pm

When a seller is trying to sell a print that has depreciated, as most prints do, and he/she is insulted by a buy offer that is less than the original selling price.

Just because you paid $x does not entitle you to get a minimum of $x for it when you no longer want it and decide to dump it. Puh-leeze.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
UncleRob
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:03 am

Co-workers who leave their food and "forget" about it.

This guy always takes his lunch at this other co-workers cubicle so they can shoot the sh!#. Well, if he doesn't finish his lunch during break he will leave it there to "have it later". Yesterday the custodian comes in to clean and on the desk in the to go container, is said co-workers cheese steak sandwich from 2 days ago. Only reason why it irks me is because my my cubicle has a shared area (counter-top) where this gets left.

(Also, the custodian tells me that the day before there must have been food dropped on the floor over there as there were ants everywhere.)

On the same basic topic, are the people who put food in the fridge and never throw it out when they decide they don't want it anymore. Our fridge is in the office with us and is about 9 feet from my desk. Well, someone went to place their lunch in there yesterday and left the door open a little too long as a huge waft of what I could only describe as a festering full diaper came into my line of fire. We tried to quickly find the point of origin and while doing so, tossed out a Ziploc bag of spoiled orange slices, a sandwich and container of french fries that were from about a month ago, and also container of some kind of orange soup that had portions that turned black with fuzzy white spots.

A bunch of us want to try and get our boss to get rid of the fridge now because this is becoming a common occurrence.
spunkmonkey
Art Expert

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:56 pm

^ Used to happen at my work. Now they clean out the fridges every Friday. Anything that is not a drink or a condiment gets tossed.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:38 pm

spunkmonkey wrote:^ Used to happen at my work. Now they clean out the fridges every Friday. Anything that is not a drink or a condiment gets tossed.
Yep.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"