Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jcporter
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:26 pm

pearlybaker wrote:The guy next door use to let his dog out at midnight and watch him fudge in my yard and never clean up. I got him back by first throwing the fudge onto his yard, then onto his walkway when it didn't stop
OK...so I think the statute of limitations is probably over on this. When I lived in another state, I had a neighbor with this REALLY OLD mongrel looking dog that could hardly walk ten feet without fudge just falling out of its ass. Dude used to stand on his driveway smoking and let this crap machine wander into my yard and dump there like it was no big deal. I started off politely asking him to keep his dog in his yard and I just picked up the crap and put it in the bin.

Then, when that didn't work, I would shovel the fudge from my yard back onto his driveway. Still got no change in the behavior. So after about six months of dealing with this asshole, one Saturday afternoon I come walking around to the back of my house and here's his dog laying down a giant fudge pile right in the grassy area where my babies played. I quietly led this half dead mongrel piece of dirt dog into my garage, closed the door and called the dog pound to come and pick it up. Neightbor asked me a few days later "uh, you seen my dog around?" and I said "why, were you letting it fudge in my yard again?" He looked at me like "huh?". No more dog, no more problem. I know God will forgive me.
ISO: Uncle Charlie's 22" by 33" silkscreen version of Metallica / Alice in Chains 1994 Austin - signed & numbered run of 250
pewter14
EB Team

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:29 pm

A few off the top of my head, there are more, so many people annoy the fudge out of me ... here are the ones that do it the most ...

People standing in line that feel the need to keep bumping into from behind ... an extra 6 inches between you and I, please. You aren't going to walk through me ... so, back the drymount off.

People who get off an escalator and stop to look around ... do you not realize there is a flood of people that are getting off the escalator behind you? Move, you moron!

People who do not know how to use the "quote" function on this message board. Not only are you pretty inept, but, you're also pretty lazy for not fixing your post.

Oh, and ... people on the train that feel the need to stand in front of the door, but, will not move out of the way when the train stops and people are trying to get on and off ... move your ass, you douche!
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
dr_flie
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:40 pm

MJBuck wrote:
dr_flie wrote: My other pet peeve would be with my neighbors upstairs. A family of 5 people. They've got hard wood floors and insist on wearing their hard leather soled shoes 24/7, so all we hear day and night is stomp stomp stomp.. What's worse, they've got an exercise bicycle planted right over our heads where we sleep and insist on waking up at 6 am every morning for their workout. I've freaked out a few times and they seem to quiet down for a few days, but then start up again. They're a nice family, they're just clueless when it comes to respecting their neighbors. (I could go on about other things they piss me off with, but the shoes things really takes the cake).
I had a downstairs neighbor like you once. :evil:
My suggestion is to move. The family upstairs is merely walking around. You should direct your bitching to the landlord about their cheap apartments.
I have mentioned to the landlord, but to no avail. As for moving, I was able to snatch this place up at a good rate. When we moved in, the place was a hell-hole. We invested some money, redid the floors, bathroom fixtures, kitchen sink, carpeting all on our own and now pay about half of what we would in a place similar. Short term it wasn't worth it, but in the two years we've been here, we've easily made our money back and more with the savings. Plus the location is great (minus our neighbors). Even there, besides their lack of respect for our ears, they don't complain about anything and keep to themselves (i.e. I can throw parties and make as much noise as I want) so it's somewhat of a compromise. Still my pet peeve though irregardless.. (sorry Ryefish, had to use it.. :lol: )
pewter14
EB Team

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:55 pm

one more ....

after someone has made a post with 10-12 pictures .... someone responds and quotes the entire post, pictures and all ...

just quote the text, delete the pictures form the quote ...
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:30 pm

pewter14 wrote:one more ....

after someone has made a post with 10-12 pictures .... someone responds and quotes the entire post, pictures and all ...

just quote the text, delete the pictures form the quote ...
I agree. I hope some folks here find that helpful, I know I'll be a little more aware of that myself.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:37 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:48 pm

California people might share this one:
Goddamn Huckleberry.

Oh, and since I brought up bumper stickers, here's one that always makes me cringe.:
Most are probably printed on Chinese made vinyl and adhesive.
Nothing says, "Can I be on your Bandwagon?," like the "Free Tibet" bumper sticker. The people that have these on their cars are also the least likely to support the means to actually accomplish a free Tibet.
They should read, "Free Tibet:*............*Unless it involves military force, collateral damage, human casualties or punitive sanctions, or China cashing in it's US treasury bonds, or the rest of the UN doesn't support the action, etc."
805Slug
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Yea, it's Huell Howser.The equivalent of watching paint dry or water boil.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:59 pm

people that are overly critical of art

people that overreact to trade offers, a simple "no thanks" is sufficient....or NEGOTIATE, it's not that hard to do....

smartass comments and thread conversation jumpers.... yeah I get drunk and post here too so I'm a hypocrite

Rush Limbaugh, when the country is in the shitter you don't publicly wish for failure, no Liberals wished failure on Bush after 9-11

Arkansas, I always have bad luck there.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:02 pm

805Slug wrote:Yea, it's Huell Howser.The equivalent of watching paint dry or water boil.
"Well would you look at that, an avacado eating dog. I had noooo ideaaaaaa"

"Men have a penis and women have a vagina, it's amaaaazeng."

Love me some Huell.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:05 pm

I hate it when I fart leaving an elevator knowing the next person is going to have to smell it
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:06 pm

805Slug wrote:Yea, it's Huell Howser.The equvialent of watching paint dry or water boil.
I cant stand his "keen grasp of the obvious," this guy's show is so annoying, it's so bad I can't look away.

"I'm Huell Howser, and I'm here tawkin' ta people about (insert your California location of choice in a Tennessee accent with complete awe.)"
rhombus_77
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:08 pm

People who don't tip properly because they are frugal.

People who stop in the middle of the pedestrian cross walk.

Uggs. Big time.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:I hate it when I fart leaving an elevator knowing the next person is going to have to smell it

Are you kidding? I do this on purpose, to spite the people coming in afterwards. Most of the time I'll fart in an elevator and then take the stairs instead, to punish those lazy fat-asses who could otherwise use the exercise.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:11 pm

rhombus_77 wrote:People who don't tip properly because they are frugal.

People who stop in the middle of the pedestrian cross walk.

Uggs. Big time.
My dad is a terrible tipper, I usually put a five down after he leaves a table just to be "safe."

Men in Uggs? Yes, but otherwise I don't have any problems with them.