Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:01 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Yeah, drymount the man!

thatsalligotgoodluckdude
:rock:
I wish every city had a subway like NYC. When I lived in Dallas I was able to get most of the places I needed via train as long as it was before 2am (you just have to live by one of the stations).

In Houston they look at you like a substandard poor who can't hack it if you use public transportation.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:44 am

^ I’d probably just fix the issue. But then I can probably do it myself without going to the mechanic.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:45 am

When your beer freezes the moment you open the bottle.
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:37 am

^ What's that about? Canada's still frozen in the Summer? That's rough.

Mechanic changed my seat setting, and now I'm having a hell of a time getting back to the sweet spot.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:11 am

Something about supercooled liquid.
Mine froze pretty much completely solid though when I opened it. I am sure there are better videos of it. Long story short, threw a (very warm) beer into the freezer. Took it out about an hour later, nice and cold (no ice whatsoever). After opening the bottle, it instantly froze. No beer for me, lol. It happened to me with water a couple of times but never with beer until today.

And yes, I hate it when someone plays with my seat. It always feels like you have to get used to a new position even when you get back to the exact position the seat had been in before someone drymounted with it.
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:51 pm

bubbie wrote:
Mine froze pretty much completely solid though when I opened it. I am sure there are better videos of it. Long story short, threw a (very warm) beer into the freezer. Took it out about an hour later, nice and cold (no ice whatsoever). After opening the bottle, it instantly froze. No beer for me, lol. It happened to me with water a couple of times but never with beer until today.
Ha, never had that happen. I checked out a physics explanation for this, and for various reasons liquids might remain in a liquid state at below freezing temps, then "nucleation" (crystal formation) can be triggered causing the liquid to freeze suddenly :pint:
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:35 pm

Yes, supercool liquid is a supercool thing. Not so cool when you are looking forward to that one beer though :lol:
fredo
Art God

Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:30 pm

fallstaff wrote:
bubbie wrote:
Ha, never had that happen. I checked out a physics explanation for this, and for various reasons liquids might remain in a liquid state at below freezing temps, then "nucleation" (crystal formation) can be triggered causing the liquid to freeze suddenly :pint:
It's what brought down that plane out of Brazil a few years back. Supercooled freshwater high in a thunderhead plugged the outside air sensors so solid that the heaters couldn't cope. Pilots made decisions based on bad airspeed/altitude info. Or similar.
just a foil for me today, thanks
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:23 pm

fredo wrote:
It's what brought down that plane out of Brazil a few years back. Supercooled freshwater high in a thunderhead plugged the outside air sensors so solid that the heaters couldn't cope. Pilots made decisions based on bad airspeed/altitude info. Or similar.
Now that you mention that, I recall watching a Nova doc investigating that French airliner crash, which was riveting.
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:24 pm

bubbie wrote:Yes, supercool liquid is a supercool thing. Not so cool when you are looking forward to that one beer though :lol:
Got to wait for the melt. Delayed gratification :wink:
fredo
Art God

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:20 pm

fallstaff wrote:
fredo wrote:
Now that you mention that, I recall watching a Nova doc investigating that French airliner crash, which was riveting.
Yeah, that's a really good doc.
just a foil for me today, thanks
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:27 pm

I watch 'em all on youtube. Air Crash Investigaton & Mayday Air Crash Investigation.

One of these days I'd love to try-out an air flight simulator. I'm not a gamer, so I don't have a gaming box and I don't think there's software for something like that for a pc.
haven
Art Expert

Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:21 pm

Had my instagram account hacked this afternoon. Went to look at it, it was forcing me to log in and told me there was no such username. I created a new account with my old username and went to accounts I posted in and saw my old comments under the hacked username.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:26 pm

Dafug?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:38 pm

Two Facta!

Though not foolproof and wish they had a token option.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041