Chronicles Of A Douche Magnet

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:33 pm

My last 3 orders showed up damaged. One tube with no end cap, one with a major dent in tube and third one, an oversized tube with nothing protecting art from moving around inside tube getting destroyed in transit. I seriously think I have to stop buying from eBay. Nothing but fukking headaches and amateur Funko fukks. Does no one how to pack and ship a print anymore? I love how the cockroaches take the obey stickers out and sell the print. Asked if the one obey print came with stickers and the epic response was "Does it say stickers included in my auction?" I had a feeling this transaction was going to be painful...and my intuition was accurate. Enjoy your destroyed poster and thanks for the refund. If any of these scenarios sounds like you plz go 🖕 fkk-yrslf :ziggi:
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:11 pm

lol got a tube this week that smelled like this person's house, it was not good. print covered in animal hair, scratches, gorilla gripped to drymounting hell.. random gob of some kid of goo on it. how do these people send these prints out like this? opened a return 2 days ago, still no response
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:22 pm

Preach!
No.
As far as I can tell no one can correctly pack a print.
Would love for more peeps to vent in this thread.
Might even catch the eye of a culprit and save someone a poster or two if this thread gets some bumps.

The main problem over and over
and over
with me is the craft paper.
Tips to whoever reads this :

It has to be thick.
If it isn’t thick use 2-3 pieces.
It has to extend about 3” past the edge of the print on each side.
You’re aiming for enough room for a pushed in endcap to miss the poster.
If you’re shipping multiple prints, use multiple pieces of craft paper. The roll gets heavy and bangs around, usually Telescoping the roll and ruining the entire side of the biggest print.
I don’t know who came up with the idea of stuffing padding or crap in the ends.
Don’t drymounting do it.
It’s pointless.
I’ve received well over 100 posters damaged from foreign objects stuffed in the end.
9 times out of 9 it gets pushed into the edge of the poster.
As I’ve said before.
Cut the tube with a bread knife to fit the roll.
If the craft is thick and thoroughly protects the poster it won’t move even if dropped.
Making the tube smaller also saves money.

But yeah, it usually comes down to:
Thin craft paper.
Craft paper about the same size as the poster.
And paper towels or bubble wrap catching an edge.

I rolled the dice again on the world’s worst packer.
Fingers crossed… not holding my breath.

Good luck to everyone this year.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:31 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
lol got a tube this week that smelled like this person's house, it was not good. print covered in animal hair, scratches, gorilla gripped to drymounting hell.. random gob of some kid of goo on it. how do these people send these prints out like this? opened a return 2 days ago, still no response
Haha!
I bought my little girl some $80 Nike shoes that she never wore. I sold them on eBay. Luckily I only got neutral feedback and I’m guessing no one saw it since I’m at 100%.
But this poor mom was bummed…
She said something to the effect of she’s never going to get rid of the smell. Probably spot on.
The shoes were in the drying room for a few harvests.
You know… I don’t think about that crap, it was just life at my house.
They must’ve drymounting REEKED.
I didn’t respond.
Thought about telling her I usually charge extra for that.

Got an old Snakes & Arrows Rush tour shirt and it smelled like an ash tray a few months ago.
Nasty.
Had to wash it twice.
Unfortunately that year was my last Rush show…
2007 or 2008.

Wish their set list was better on that final tour.
I sat it out… in hindsite I’m regretful.
Thatchit is over. Man…
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:53 pm

Received two dinged posters this week. Granted I feel like I got them at good prices and was able to actually find them. That said bunch o donkeys on the bay for sure.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:56 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Wow man. That’s fucjed! Pic or it didn’t happen. ;)
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:45 pm

this one pic has it all, the gob, the hair and the scratches :drool:

the scratches and hair are ALL OVER the print. i touched the gob and it started to smear

sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:59 pm

Dude!! Wtf!! Hope you get resolved.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:24 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:59 pm
Dude!! Wtf!! Hope you get resolved.
Item not as described is open and shut with eBay, nbd, I'll get a refund. The stench that emanated from the tube when I opened it was unreal
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:38 pm

I have this problem.
Months ago I bought a poster…
( Emek dead Woodgrain from the timed edition )
I forgot to write it down in my notes, but added it in my collection.
I thought about it recently and did some digging.
It never came, which I suspected.
The messages expired / got pushed out after 10 new pages so I can’t follow up.
I wrote down the guys name in the collection notes, not his Expresso Beans handle.
Bummed.
Looks like I got scammed because I can’t post his name right?
PayPal for some reason won’t let me go back far enough to view when the transaction was.
Admittedly, there’s a 5% chance the sale didn’t happen and I forgot to remove the purchase in the collection info.
But it’s been bugging me… really wanted the poster.
And I am 95% sure I bought it from M_______ C_______.
Ugh.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:43 pm

( My notes is simply a list on my phone of posters & vintage tour shirts I have coming in the mail so I don’t forget …
If I have a lot of stuff coming it gets hard to keep track of so tge list helps sometimes)
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:58 pm

In PayPal scroll down to the bottom of your welcome page and look for "view all" underneath your recent transactions then use the drop down box at the top to pick a date range, the default is 90 days
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:01 am

On a similar note, I just realized last week I never got a print from a gallery in France in 2021 😂

My partner at the time placed a couple orders as well, I asked him about one that he was supposed to have left and he said the gallery never got back to him when he emailed and then he forgot about it. Sucks too because while it's only $140 or so (well, $280), the print goes for $600+
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:31 am

I wonder how many prints I've ordered that I've never received. Ignorance is bliss.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:17 am

^one reason I use the EB iso function for, and make note the purchase date in comments :ziggi:

weed isn't helping the memory these days 8)