Changes at Expressobeans.com

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby whalaw on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:20 pm

I’m letting all know that there have been some changes on the Board of Directors (BOD) and in the structure of the Officers of Expressobeans.com (EB). Yamar, has stepped down as President and from the BOD. As a result, I’ve been appointed as interim President of Expressobeans.com. Likely, we are going to ask a current Team Member to fill Yamar’s vacancy on the BOD. In addition, there may be other vacancies soon, as I’ve requested each current BOD member to affirm their commitment to the BOD by 11:59 pm Pacific, on Wednesday, February 13, 2019. So, time will tell whether or not there will be additional vacancies. Obviously, EB has been in a downward slide the last 4 or 5 years. I’m hopeful that we can correct that and move EB in a more positive direction, but it will take time and dedication to do so and that starts at the top, with the BOD.

Now, on to the “upgrade.” As much as I hate to say it, I believe the “developer” has scammed us. We have been provided with a beta site (https://beta.expressobeans.com/) a little over a year ago. However, the site has not changed since we were provided the address. And, the numerous promises made by the “developer” have not materialized. Moreover, the “developer” will not respond to any form of communication. I am drafting a formal Demand Letter to the “developer,” however, I don’t believe it will have any impact. The “developer” is not located on USA soil, so he cannot be touched by our court system, unfortunately. There are ways to seek a foreign judgment, but it’s only worth doing so if the “developer” has any assets to seize/levy upon. Here, it doesn’t appear there are any assets. However, we may continue to pursue the foreign judgment just to seek justice for EB. (Do we have any British/European counsel that can assist?) And, no, we are not willing to take any “informal” action against the developer.

My hope is that EB can remain independent. However, I want the membership to be aware that we are in discussions with several entities regarding the possibility of merging. For us to remain independent, we are going to need to find a way to upgrade the site. However, funds are severely limited at the point. I don’t know the exact amount because I’m waiting on accounting ledgers from Yamar. And, please understand, if we continue on the downward slide, there is the very real possibility that EB is dissolved. So, is there anything you can do to assist with the upgrade?

Acting as president of EB is not something that I’ve ever desired. I prefer to keep my “digital footprint” small and work anonymously from the sidelines. With that said, I have made the commitment and do intend to see it through, whether that’s EB remaining independent, EB merging with another like-minded entity, or, even legally dissolving EB, if necessary. I didn’t accept this position to make friends or get the inside double-secret-scoop on the next “drop.” My duty lies with Expressobeans.com and what’s in the best interests of Expressobeans.com. Like all of us, I have a deep “love” for EB and hope to see it reach new heights, even greater than its past “glory.” To do so, will require dedication and commitment from the BOD, Administrators, Global Moderators, Team Members, and you, the Members, EB’s most important asset. So, again, what can you do to help EB through this difficult time to become a better site?

That’s all I have for now. I’m still at the office (Eastern Time) and my family would like to see me (well, at least I know my dog would – ha). I’ll keep peeking at this thread over the next day or two and answer as many pertinent questions as time will allow. I will also make the commitment to update this thread twice a month, at least as long as I’m acting as president of EB, as to our progress with the “upgrade”, the BOD, and any other significant changes which affect Expressobeans.com and/or its Members.

whalaw

Update: February 14, 2019:

Letting all know there have been some changes to the Membership of the BOD. Morst and bigdz68, both original Members of Expressobeans.com and The Team, have resigned from the BOD. I appreciate all the hard-work they have provided to Expressobeans.com. Thank you, morst and bigdz68. In addition, we have voted to expand the BOD from 7 to 9. Most importantly, we have added four new BOD Members: mfaith, 1nkling, pewter14, and theperfecttree. Right now, we only have 8 spots filled. Over the next couple of days we will be implementing new procedures for the BOD and defining roles. And, likely, adding a 9th Member to the BOD. More changes will be forth-coming, and I'll update regarding those, once they are done.

Thanks.

wha

Update: February 19, 2019:

Hey. I want to inform our Members where we currently stand in regards to the re-developing/upgrade of Expressobeans.com. We have formed a Technology BOD Sub-Committee, comprised of our 3 most computer knowledgeable BOD Members. In addition, 4 volunteer Members have graciously reached out to offer their assistance to the site. My thanks to those volunteers, as their help is greatly needed and appreciated. So, those 7, and possibly a couple additional non-EB Members, are taking a look under the hood to see where we currently are in the "upgrade" process and, hopefully, will be able to provide us with some options/directions for getting this project completed. More later, I'm sure.

Thanks.

wha
whalaw
Site Admin

Postby finneganm on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm

The king is dead.

Long live the king!
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby earlgreytoast on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:46 pm

Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we going to do Stonehenge tomorrow?

Thanks whalaw. Good luck, hoping for the best.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby acidburn on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:51 pm

Pmd
acidburn
Art Expert

Postby pj101ca on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Was the "developers" name Rata??
pj101ca
Art Expert

mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.

Postby earlgreytoast on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 pm

acidburn wrote:Pmd

Best thing I have seen posted on this site in a long long time! :clap: :clap: exciting.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby middayshadows on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:03 pm

The burning question of being of course, how much exactly did eb get scammed for by the "developer"?

acidburn wrote:Pmd

I'll go ahead and hit the "Like" button on this comment.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Image Image

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 pm

Wow. Thanks for the update, whalaw. And thanks for taking the torch (even if its currently burning your hand). Best of luck pulling this thing out of the muck.

I personally hope the site doesn't merge with another entity or get dissolved.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby middayshadows on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:07 pm

Yes. Finally some level of transparency, and intent to proceed that way. Thanks whalaw, and best, in the endevour.
Last edited by middayshadows on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Image Image

Postby acidburn on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:10 pm

Just don't think this site should ever reach to a point of being dissolved.
acidburn
Art Expert

Postby middayshadows on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:10 pm

Dissolution would be a gigantic waste of what continues to be a resource that supports and can sometimes actually drive and enrich the hobby.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Image Image

Postby Codeblue on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:14 pm

Luls. #TAPS
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby tourist504 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:14 pm

:neutral:
tourist504
Art Expert

maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.

BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.

jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.

Imagex6

Postby finneganm on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:14 pm

Fool me once...
The EB raffle.

I’ll donate a lot of prints to raffle for round two, good stuff, if we can come up with a plausible plan to move forward using a vetted, reliable developer.
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby Jesusmalverde on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:43 am

I know a guy in Nigeria.
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Next

Return to Anything Goes