I'M A DAD

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby kansasbbq on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:39 am

jmagee87 wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:Welcome! :lol:

Personally, each year has gotten better/been more fun.

Age 3 > Age 2 > Age 1 > Infant

you're hitting the peak years of spending the best time with the kids . . . then they start playing with friends more, then turn into teens who begrudgingly tolerate you, lol.

Nah kansas's kid is gonna be a wook going to phish shows with his dad until the sun burns out

That's secretly my dream. However, mom will NEVER let that happen.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby hunterjax on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:48 am

As much as they love the stuff you're into as kids, they eventually get into their own things and that's exactly as it should be. I'd love for my kids to be as into the bands, comics, posters, and movies that I'm into, as much as I am into them, but I'm glad they have their own things they are passionate about.

They are little mini-mes at first, but they quickly become their own people.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby charter on Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:56 pm

My little nugget arrived October 17.

Things people don’t tell you:

They fart a lot.
You will get fudge on.
You will get pissed on (boys). He’s peed on the wall like 4 times. He waits until the diaper is off.
You will get barfed on.
They wake up like 3 times in the middle of the night at first. You will become a zombie. Luckily my little guy only wakes up like at 3:30am and goes back down around 4.

But, I’m excited to get home and he’s my desktop pic at work and I find myself smiling when I look at his picture. My wife goes back to work tomorrow and so she’s super sad today.
charter
Art Expert

Postby charter on Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:58 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
tourist504 wrote:
jjbehren wrote:We actually saved money for a while after having the first kid. We stopped going out and spending money at bars and nice-ish dinners. Then the daycare starts, and that's like a 2nd mortgage.

This, but you gotta cook. Grocery pickup services help, too.

Walmart pickup has been great for us. Much easier to budget for groceries and eating out less.

And geez...the daycare bills :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:

We had to get on a waitlist last year for daycare...crazy. It’s $330/week so months with 5 weeks...that’s our mortgage :(
charter
Art Expert

Postby kansasbbq on Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:14 am

charter wrote:My little nugget arrived October 17.

Had no idea. Congrats!
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Postby jjbehren on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:01 am

They fart a lot.
You will get fudge on.
You will get pissed on (boys). He’s peed on the wall like 4 times. He waits until the diaper is off.
You will get barfed on.
They wake up like 3 times in the middle of the night at first. You will become a zombie. Luckily my little guy only wakes up like at 3:30am and goes back down around 4.

But, I’m excited to get home and he’s my desktop pic at work and I find myself smiling when I look at his picture. My wife goes back to work tomorrow and so she’s super sad today.

Congrats, but I have a hard time believing people didn't tell you these things. I'll chalk this one up to sleep deprivation.

I loved having babies, but I'm so glad to be through that part of my life.
jjbehren
Flipper

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby jjttdw on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:31 am

We've got the have a Philip Rivers type ERer out there with like 7+ kids. Step forward please.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby NoseSpray on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:58 pm

We said screw grocery pickup and went full lazy, and went for grocery delivery. $7 fee and some tip between $10-20. We would order $500-600 worth of groceries, which lasted many weeks. Sometimes we still do it if we have a busy week or something.
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Postby jjay on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:53 am

hunterjax wrote:As much as they love the stuff you're into as kids, they eventually get into their own things and that's exactly as it should be. I'd love for my kids to be as into the bands, comics, posters, and movies that I'm into, as much as I am into them, but I'm glad they have their own things they are passionate about.

They are little mini-mes at first, but they quickly become their own people.

This is true and it's so much fun because we think that they have such awesome taste and we've raised mini-mes and we're so awesome but as they branch out, they still seem to hold on to some things that we turned them on to, just in less obvious ways. The best part is when they share new things with you that excite you, or in our case, playfully argue about and criticize.
jjay
Art Enthusiast

Postby charter on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:01 am

jjbehren wrote:

They fart a lot.
You will get fudge on.
You will get barfed on.

Congrats, but I have a hard time believing people didn't tell you these things. I'll chalk this one up to sleep deprivation.

I loved having babies, but I'm so glad to be through that part of my life.

My parents rosy-d it up because the wanted a grandchild. This is their first grandbaby.

As a plus, he just slept 10-5 this past night.
charter
Art Expert

Postby Scottjohnston on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:09 am

Congrats Soam...great times! :clap: :cheers:
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

Postby kansasbbq on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:05 pm

charter wrote:As a plus, he just slept 10-5 this past night.

Party time!
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Previous

Return to Anything Goes