I'M A DAD

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby soam24 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:08 pm

So he pissed on me and the wall at 3am last night while changing a diaper. good times.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby kansasbbq on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:45 pm

It happens to the best of us.

#peepeeteepee
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby jmagee87 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:57 am

I've successfully gotten one kid through diapers and another through the first year of diapers without getting pissed on. It was a miracle
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby tourist504 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:10 am

Breastfeeding is great, but there's nothing wrong with formula if mom can't produce enough of the goods. We supplemented a lot then moved on to just formula and homeboy exploded in growth. Don't let mom feel milk-shamed.

You can't spoil an infant. You give that boy everything he wants right now. Worry about spoiling later.

Play/sing music non-stop, and don't go too far out of your way to create perfect silence so he can nap. He should be able to sleep in noise just as well. This will save you trouble later.

Welcome visitors. It'll give you a chance to do things around the house (laundry, cooking, dishes) while the visitors fawn over the baby.

Bumbo seat is amazing once he can hold his head up. A sound machine (we use ocean waves) for night time every night pays off in the long run.

Sleep when he sleeps.

Volumes more but this is the stuff that springs to mind... Congratulations. It's a blast, even when its not.
tourist504
Art Expert

maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.

BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.

jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.

Imagex6

Postby pj101ca on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:33 pm

If Adrian Peterson ever offers you parenting advice, best to ignore it.
pj101ca
Art Expert

mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.

Postby shoeless on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:58 pm

tourist504 wrote:Breastfeeding is great, but there's nothing wrong with formula if mom can't produce enough of the goods. We supplemented a lot then moved on to just formula and homeboy exploded in growth. Don't let mom feel milk-shamed.

You can't spoil an infant. You give that boy everything he wants right now. Worry about spoiling later.

Play/sing music non-stop, and don't go too far out of your way to create perfect silence so he can nap. He should be able to sleep in noise just as well. This will save you trouble later.

Welcome visitors. It'll give you a chance to do things around the house (laundry, cooking, dishes) while the visitors fawn over the baby.

Bumbo seat is amazing once he can hold his head up. A sound machine (we use ocean waves) for night time every night pays off in the long run.

Sleep when he sleeps.

Volumes more but this is the stuff that springs to mind... Congratulations. It's a blast, even when its not.

Everything here was spot on for us. Of course, every baby is different.
We’re going on a year at the end of the month. Our little one always seemed to have fear of missing out. Sleeping was tough the first few months but then it was on cruise control for a couple months.
Behaviors tend to pass relatively quick.

Help momma out as much as possible. Seriously. I felt like I couldn’t do enough.

Congrats
shoeless
Art Expert

fnord wrote:If you like something, for the love of dog don't share it with EB.

Postby jjay on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:19 pm

tourist504 wrote:Breastfeeding is great, but there's nothing wrong with formula if mom can't produce enough of the goods. We supplemented a lot then moved on to just formula and homeboy exploded in growth. Don't let mom feel milk-shamed.

Sleep when he sleeps.

Jesusmalverde wrote:Infants are high maintenance. Literally can’t do a thing on their own. Toddlers are like watching your drunk friend all day long. Teenagers are like having roommates that don’t pay rent.

These two are perfect!
jjay
Art Enthusiast

Postby FrankBooth on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:14 am

Congrats Soam!
FrankBooth
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage Image

Postby GoBluePanic on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Congratulations!!!
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

I'm not someone else.

Postby soam24 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:52 pm

It's only been what 5 days or so and he's growing so damn fast. Becoming more alert, checking things out, smiles when the pups come near. This is awesome.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby iambillyg on Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:02 pm

That rules! Congrats again. But I gotta stop coming to this thread.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Postby jmagee87 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:03 pm

iambillyg wrote:That rules! Congrats again. But I gotta stop coming to this thread.

Get you a kid billy. They're loads of fun
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby iambillyg on Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:09 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:That rules! Congrats again. But I gotta stop coming to this thread.

Get you a kid billy. They're loads of fun

iambillyg
Art Freak

Postby Kramerica on Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:17 pm

It's not the money so much as the freedom that just evaporates. They certainly can be expensive but it's just paper, right?
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby jjbehren on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:34 pm

We actually saved money for a while after having the first kid. We stopped going out and spending money at bars and nice-ish dinners. Then the daycare starts, and that's like a 2nd mortgage.
jjbehren
Flipper

ImageImageImageImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes