Horkey Club! THC2018:To be a madman in a world of sad ghosts

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby talkingdeads on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:49 pm

Please read this all the way through to limit the questions, there are a few changes for this year.

This year we will be celebrating Winter Horkey style. This is being put together by a small group of us. With that said, if anyone wants to make any sort of amazing donation for something to give away, feel free to PM me here. I am fairly certain I am set for the six items, but i would never wish to limit the grace of humanity and its ability to astonish me. There will be six giveaways held shortly after the last call for submissions (submissions will be accepted Dec 1st- Dec 18th at 6:66PM (7:06 PM Mankato, MN time): there have been some rare and beautiful items donated. I will post one of them on: Dec 1st, Dec 3rd, Dec 6th, Dec 9th, Dec 12th, and Dec 15th. Who knows, maybe things will get carried away and there will be a secret prize listed on the 18th! My only hope is to see some really great photos and reconnect with a group of people I truly enjoy meeting and having beers with when the opportunities arise
:pint: :notworthy: :pint: :notworthy: :pint:

To qualify as a submission:

feel free to post here, however, it must be posted on instagram with the hashtag

#thehorkeyclub2018
(this will help me keep everyone counted, and like i said earlier I will be inviting facebook people and attempting an instragram post to bring in new people, maybe it will help lead them here as well, so please be kind to new peeps. But, if you are uncomfortable with instagram, you can certainly pm me here and I will do my best to find a way for you to participate in activities)

and, obviously, you need to be following:

aaronhorkey
thevacvvm
bloodmilk
bloodmilkexquisitecorpse
megafauna_jp

Submissions:

The entry amount for this year is 18 points

On to the "rules". 18 points is the magic number this year to be eligible.

What is eligible you might ask? (Because people always do).

Signed/#ed Prints (on any medium) (Duplicates do NOT count, Variants Count) = 1 pt
Test Prints = 1 pt
Skate Decks = 1 pt
Framed Prints = 3pts
Originals = 3 pts
Remarqued Prints = 3pts
Paintings = 5 pts
Aaron Horkey and Bloodmilk collabs: 1 pt for candle/incense labels, 2 pts for art prints and bloodmilk jewelry inspired by Aaron’s work (I.e. planchette moths), 5pts if you have a rare hand written label original

I will accept proof of purchase for the Ikebana 2.5 release as 5 points (as a kindness for people only expecting to need 13 points this year as it was in the past)

Large stickers (duplicate colors do not count), handbills, belt buckles and shirts may all count as 0.5 pts each

Any handmade Horkey art project with an 18 incorporated = 3 pts; only one art entry accepted per person (it's a value to me, deep down i know im a hufflepuff)

To be eligible for the giveaways in THC 2018, You must have 18 points that match the above criteria, and post a NEW photo of them. You have until Dec 18th to post submissions, and all 6 drawings will take place on that day.

You can only win 1 giveaway, so once you win, you will not be eligible for the others that you may have entered. So enter wisely.

*And for those wondering, yes Baker knows I am doing this, and yes he supports

post script: I will try to keep the list of entries here, unless there are website issues that limit, in which case I will post the list on facebook

Please please continue to post pics here as well, this community, on this site, is where we all started and where i hope to see some old familiar names: I'm talking about you: ill, tj, that guy that only talked through animal pics, and everyone!
Last edited by talkingdeads on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:37 pm

Thanks a ton for hosting the festivities this year Matt. Really appreciate it! I'm excited to see everyone's collections. :pint:
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby jayper on Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:35 pm

This is awesome! Thanks so much for organizing!
jayper
Art Expert

Postby profbobo on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:27 am

Stoked!! Picture soon.
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

ImageImage

Postby twiztid_nl on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:40 am

Just put some of mine on Instagram under the name “hetoorzaakje”

Looking forward to seeing other people’s collections and thanks for doing this again this year!
twiztid_nl
Art Connoisseur

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tetra Hydro Cannabinol

Postby mfaith on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:46 am

twiztid_nl wrote:Just put some of mine on Instagram under the name “hetoorzaakje”

You may want to repost in a few days just to be safe:
talkingdeads wrote:(submissions will be accepted Dec 1st- Dec 18th at 6:66PM (7:06 PM Mankato, MN time)

Also just wanted to highlight this as well, it'd be great if folks continued posting here (in addition to your official submission), so we keep the celebratory feeling alive here :D I look forward to seeing everyone's submissions :cheers:

talkingdeads wrote:Please please continue to post pics here as well, this community, on this site, is where we all started and where i hope to see some old familiar names: I'm talking about you: ill, tj, that guy that only talked through animal pics, and everyone!
mfaith
EB Team

Postby twiztid_nl on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:52 am

mfaith wrote:
twiztid_nl wrote:Just put some of mine on Instagram under the name “hetoorzaakje”

You may want to repost in a few days just to be safe:
talkingdeads wrote:(submissions will be accepted Dec 1st- Dec 18th at 6:66PM (7:06 PM Mankato, MN time)

Also just wanted to highlight this as well, it'd be great if folks continued posting here (in addition to your official submission), so we keep the celebratory feeling alive here :D I look forward to seeing everyone's submissions :cheers:

talkingdeads wrote:Please please continue to post pics here as well, this community, on this site, is where we all started and where i hope to see some old familiar names: I'm talking about you: ill, tj, that guy that only talked through animal pics, and everyone!

Thanks I will, just got overly excited and should have read better.
twiztid_nl
Art Connoisseur

Tetra Hydro Cannabinol

Postby mfaith on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:53 am

Nothing wrong with that :D Just wanted to make sure you got counted.
mfaith
EB Team

Postby twiztid_nl on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:03 am

Follow me under the name “hetoorzaakje”

https://instagram.com/p/Bqo5S3zlHnL/
twiztid_nl
Art Connoisseur

Tetra Hydro Cannabinol

Postby GoBluePanic on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Damn! I'm at 16.5 points I think. It looks like I'll need to come up with an art project :shock:
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

I'm not someone else.

Postby caseyg1986 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:00 pm

This is so rad! Thanks for keeping this going Deads & Co.! I'm really excited to see everyone's collections and to get my horde of Horkey ephemera gathered for their annual snapshot.
caseyg1986
Art Connoisseur

Postby KSUvet on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Just to clarify, you're saying no post number requirement for this year? I'm assuming not since you're shifting to FB/insta. Thanks for organizing! :notworthy:
KSUvet
Art Expert

"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi

Postby talkingdeads on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:15 pm

Im a substitute for running THC for 2018. No post count is necessary

Everyone is welcome and I would love to see some fresh names on this site and people that enjoy collecting and talking about Aaron's work.

All that said, when Tim Baker takes the reign back, his rules are the rules for future THC events
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Postby comountaingolf on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Thanks for keeping the tradition alive, 'Deads! :cheers:

Fun Fact: So Tapecat spins THC out of the blue one day. But it was all about posting (copy&paste) a list of your prints since it was the same group of Horkey nerds. No pics required :lol:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 8

Postby p0ppacap on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:16 am

p0ppacap
Art Connoisseur

ImageImage*Image*

Next

Return to Anything Goes