For Sale / Will Trade "Cleanup"

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby letstalkprints on Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Some prints I see for trade / sale from many years ago and I am hesitant to even try to message them ("About that print you were looking to trade 5 years ago..."). Is there anyway that we can have an auto-delete after a certain time period? Maybe a year (just to throw out a time period)? If someone is seriously interested in selling or trading the print I am sure they would relist it. I think this would help potential buyers. I know there are changes that are going to be made with the website already (I think???), but is this something that can be done with site's current status? Would like to hear other people's opinions. Except for dissenters. :D
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.

Postby bubbie on Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:01 pm

I contacted a couple/few people with prints listed for sale a while back. In my case, the answer every time was along the lines of “Yes, still have it. Let me look.” and later “I can’t find it” :lol:
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby letstalkprints on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Mods/Admins?
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Postby earlgreytoast on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:53 pm

bad idea imo. time is a squared circle; one man's short term is another's long. i've bought and sold prints listed for 3+ years. just shoot a message and what happens, happens. and never forget, no response is a response.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby pvecchi on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:00 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:bad idea imo. time is a squared circle; one man's short term is another's long. i've bought and sold prints listed for 3+ years. just shoot a message and what happens, happens. and never forget, no response is a response.

Agreed. Some people don’t feel the need or want to bump up their trades every X amount of time. Deleting their listing wouldn’t be cool. Shooting someone an email or PM isn’t a laborious task. If they don’t respond or don’t have it move on
pvecchi
Art Expert

Postby letstalkprints on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Fair enough if a print has a limited number of sellers or what not, but if there are 15 - 20 + ? With less than 5 within the past year? I don't know. If its one of your top ISO def but otherwise I ain't messaging all those people, especially if I have other ISO with the same number goin back 5 years. I think an auto-expire would be helpful to sellers to let buyers really know who is serious about selling or trading
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Postby letstalkprints on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:08 pm

Again if you had it listed for a long time 3 yrs what not with the auto expire maybe an option to relist. Idk. I just know that if you are in search for a number of prints it can be frustrating messaging people who listed it years ago and have sold it / don't respond / etc.
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Postby Kramerica on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:11 pm

It would especially help people with multiple alt accounts if they don't wanna bother to update the WT on all of them regularly.
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby letstalkprints on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:13 pm

You get it kramerica!
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Postby Codeblue on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:48 pm

Kramerica wrote:It would especially help people with multiple alt accounts if they don't wanna bother to update the WT on all of them regularly.

Luls.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby letstalkprints on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:42 pm

love the lulz, please expand
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Postby earlgreytoast on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:54 pm

I’ll expand for ya: yer an alt.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby SPAC04 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:16 am

letstalkprints wrote: I ain't messaging all those people, especially if I have other ISO with the same number goin back 5 years. I think an auto-expire would be helpful to sellers to let buyers really know who is serious about selling or trading

you just don't want it bad enough, up your offer

Codeblue wrote:
Kramerica wrote:It would especially help people with multiple alt accounts if they don't wanna bother to update the WT on all of them regularly.

Luls.

letstalkprints wrote:love the lulz, please expand

earlgreytoast wrote:I’ll expand for ya: yer an alt.

SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby stuckeyc on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:51 am

Terrible idea. 95% of my collection is tradeable if the right offer comes along
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Postby relentlesskevin on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:36 am

I have had people message me about a print the was listed for 5+ years. It doesn’t hurt to ask, and take it from there... real problem is trying to log on to this site... took me 6 login attempts to respond to this post. Wtf.
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Next

Return to Anything Goes