McGregor vs Khabib | UFC 229 | Betting odds

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

by JNehru on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:36 am

We all know the biggest fight is about to happen on 06th October 2018 at UFC 229. On one side have the Notorious Conor Mcgregor fighting with the Eagle Khabib.
Here is how to watch Mcgregor vs Khabib Live stream for FREE
which fighter are you putting your money on?
Here are some Facts!
JNehru

by scobro13 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:02 am

Although Conor fought Nathan at WW he's a LW or FW. Khabib has always fought in the UFC at LW. And this is for the LW belt.

Anyway Conor by KO. He's got at least 5 chances to hit him, longer reach and Khabib is a novice on the feet. Don't think Khabib can finish him. Should be fun. Pettis and Tony should be wild too, Tony's still the actual champ in my eyes anyway.
scobro13
Art Connoisseur

by doppelgangbanger on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:35 am

There's no rule on this forum against spam?
doppelgangbanger

by SPAC04 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:00 am

luls
SPAC04
Art Expert

by cotis on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:02 am

doppelgangbanger wrote:There's no rule on this forum against spam?

sorry all the moneys raised, and they completely forgot about putting in a spam filter!
cotis
Art Expert

by dweebofthedead on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:37 am

SPAC04 wrote:luls

:lol:

Eagle all day.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

by chevyav53 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:14 pm

If I were a betting man I'd put it on McGregor. Either way hoping for a great fight card.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

by jjttdw on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Gotta love it when two guys square off where one's weakness is the other's strength and visa versa.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

by wottagunn on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:14 pm

McGregor rd1 KO
wottagunn
Art Expert

Image Image Image ImageImage

by rhythmgtr5 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:13 am

I know the first post is spam but I'll entertain it.

I like khabib in this one. Even though he leaves his chin exposed often, he hasn't ever been starched. If connor rocks him, he'll go into survival mode and take him down. At which point it'll just be a matter of time until connor taps or gets tko'd.
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

by iambillyg on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:15 am

Conor has pulled off surprises before, but Khabib can grind, and Conor has shown that he doesn't have the stamina to last. If Khabib can get Conor down, which he definitely can, he will drain the hell out of Conor's gas tank.

Conor has also been talking about fights with other people even with it being fight week. That shows he isn't really focused on legacy in terms of being the best at 155. He's already solidified himself. Now he's about taking fights that interest him, not fights to win. He doesn't seem as hungry anymore, so a loss here doesn't seem like it will matter.
iambillyg
Art Freak

KingOfNothing wrote:It's not Mondo it's more like Mondone.

by chevyav53 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:54 am

iambillyg wrote:Conor has pulled off surprises before, but Khabib can grind, and Conor has shown that he doesn't have the stamina to last. If Khabib can get Conor down, which he definitely can, he will drain the hell out of Conor's gas tank.

Conor has also been talking about fights with other people even with it being fight week. That shows he isn't really focused on legacy in terms of being the best at 155. He's already solidified himself. Now he's about taking fights that interest him, not fights to win. He doesn't seem as hungry anymore, so a loss here doesn't seem like it will matter.

That is interesting you see it that way. I see it as he is still very hungry and already looking to the next fight and not only using this forum and attention to hype such fights but also to play mind games with Khabib. Conor is a master at mind games and though Khabib plays it cool it is hard not to want to kill this guy and that gets in your head. I love the AKA as a local gym and met a lot of their champs but all the champs have folded on fights they should have won so I am wondering how Khabib is mentally.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

by iambillyg on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:14 am

chevyav53 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:Conor has pulled off surprises before, but Khabib can grind, and Conor has shown that he doesn't have the stamina to last. If Khabib can get Conor down, which he definitely can, he will drain the hell out of Conor's gas tank.

That is interesting you see it that way. I see it as he is still very hungry and already looking to the next fight and not only using this forum and attention to hype such fights but also to play mind games with Khabib. Conor is a master at mind games and though Khabib plays it cool it is hard not to want to kill this guy and that gets in your head. I love the AKA as a local gym and met a lot of their champs but all the champs have folded on fights they should have won so I am wondering how Khabib is mentally.

He's a true master of mind games. The press conference came across strangely, as there wasn't a crowd to lean into Conor's antics, which was unfortunate. Khabib seems very cool and calm, but I'm sure he definitely wants to hurt Conor. No matter the outcome of the match, I'm confident Conor will show respect, as he always does. He gets the game better than anyone. He has to put on a show, but he definitely respects anyone willing to fight.

Rewatching the Conor/Mendes fight, Chad took him down with pretty minimal effort. While Conor has certainly improved since then (adopting the karate stance), I think Khabib is a much better grappler than Chad. At the same time, though, Michael Johnson did catch/stagger Khabib. He can get caught. But it's just a matter of whether Conor will take his time and pick his shots, or if he'll load up and fish by only trying to land the left-hand shot.

I just see Conor focusing on Proper 12 and it being a sponsor of future UFC events. While he doesn't have a stake in the UFC, his focus seems to be larger than fighting. While he needs to fight to keep the hype going, he's setting sights on bigger things to ensure his/his families financial future. He just signed a 6-fight contract, which is maybe another year to two years in the fight game. During that time, maybe he fights Nate again? If they open up a 165lb division, then that gets really interesting. There's no need for an Aldo rematch. Maybe the winner of Holloway/Ortega? I don't see Conor winning against Ortega, if it comes to that.
iambillyg
Art Freak

by SPAC04 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:21 am

iambillyg wrote: No matter the outcome of the match, I'm confident Conor will show respect, as he always does. He gets the game better than anyone. He has to put on a show, but he definitely respects anyone willing to fight.

lol right, all that respect he showed tossing a dolly through a window. Proper class that bloke.
SPAC04
Art Expert

by iambillyg on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:24 am

SPAC04 wrote:
iambillyg wrote: No matter the outcome of the match, I'm confident Conor will show respect, as he always does. He gets the game better than anyone. He has to put on a show, but he definitely respects anyone willing to fight.

lol right, all that respect he showed tossing a dolly through a window. Proper class that bloke.

There's no excuse or defense of his actions there, you're right. However, I mean in terms of post-fight. He acts out prior to the fight occurring, talking fudge, etc. However, immediately after the fights end, he shows respect by shaking the hand of most of his opponents/sharing kind words in the post-fight pressers. Again, the dolly incident was inexcusable.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Next

Return to Anything Goes