Not trusted buyer

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby jjttdw on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:30 pm

WolfBrewer wrote:
EmilIndustries wrote:Thanks guys! Really more venting than anything else as its in Paypals hands now.

After going through a three month paypal claim myself as a seller who did everything right, all I can say is hound paypal for updates and give them everything you have. I lost my case but ended up on top due to paypal's and the buyer's incompetence.

How can you lose the case and end up on top??
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby kansasbbq on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:52 pm

WolfBrewer wrote:Pretty sure it's not cool to blast someones name and address on here...

Sure it is. :wink:
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby Codeblue on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:53 pm

jjttdw wrote:
WolfBrewer wrote:
EmilIndustries wrote:Thanks guys! Really more venting than anything else as its in Paypals hands now.

After going through a three month paypal claim myself as a seller who did everything right, all I can say is hound paypal for updates and give them everything you have. I lost my case but ended up on top due to paypal's and the buyer's incompetence.

How can you lose the case and end up on top??

Right? Story time or GTFO.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby jjttdw on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:10 pm

I got a story. My oldest kid earned a bit of $$$ and wants a Fortnite account with a certain skin. I tell him to find a site that buys and sells accounts. Kid finds one and I buy for $50. Account credentials do not work. Here is how the conversation went with the teen turd seller:

Me: this can go one of two ways: you can refund and we go our separate ways OR I can file a PayPal claim and get my money back. either scenario ends with me and my money reunited.
Seller: My terms says NO REFUNDS. Also, where does it say that I even have to deliver a working account.
Me: (after taking a screenshot) Paypal doesn't care if your terms say no refunds and if you don't deliver the good for which you are paid you are a thief.
Seller: I've never lost a dispute.
Me: Lets see how you do on this one. I have screenshots of you acknowledging the account did not work and saying you aren't even obligated to provide a working account. Further, I think the accounts you were selling were hacked which means you were selling stolen goods. (I think I ended with something classy along the lines of "drymount off, clown.")

Claim filed....strangely seller has not responded.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby cotis on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:11 pm

just tell him that you're getting his mommy or daddy involved.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby jjttdw on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:14 pm

cotis wrote:just tell him that you're getting his mommy or daddy involved.

Here is him at his piano recital.

Kid is a shithead but he can play the piano
jjttdw
Art Expert

Postby ajmmck on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:56 pm

This has taken a turn
ajmmck
Art Expert

ImageImage

Postby SPAC04 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:21 pm

jjttdw wrote:I got a story. My oldest kid earned a bit of $$$ and wants a Fortnite account with a certain skin. I tell him to find a site that buys and sells accounts. Kid finds one and I buy for $50. Account credentials do not work. Here is how the conversation went with the teen turd seller:

Me: this can go one of two ways: you can refund and we go our separate ways OR I can file a PayPal claim and get my money back. either scenario ends with me and my money reunited.
Seller: My terms says NO REFUNDS. Also, where does it say that I even have to deliver a working account.
Me: (after taking a screenshot) Paypal doesn't care if your terms say no refunds and if you don't deliver the good for which you are paid you are a thief.
Seller: I've never lost a dispute.
Me: Lets see how you do on this one. I have screenshots of you acknowledging the account did not work and saying you aren't even obligated to provide a working account. Further, I think the accounts you were selling were hacked which means you were selling stolen goods. (I think I ended with something classy along the lines of "drymount off, clown.")

Claim filed....strangely seller has not responded.

kid was like

srsly tho PubG where it at
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby ToonKiller on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:56 pm

Codeblue wrote:Sounds like they're saying their account was hacked or misused by someone else. If they paid by cc they can file a chargeback through their bank/cc co. I've lost and won cases like these before (won more than lost). Really depends on teh outcome of teh paypal investigation.

I’ve had a few as well but always came out the victor. One was a husband who ordered a video game with his wife’s credit card that she wasn’t aware of but there was this one time......

ToonKiller wrote:Got a priority box from the United States Postal Inspection Service today.

I thought... Oh fudge, I won the shagdonk Obey Christmas tree giveaway and the man is on to me. :ziggi:

Sold an IPad air2 on eBay in Sept, lady tried to do a charge back that I assumed was on her credit card in Oct. I was protected through PayPal with having tracking an signature confirmation on the package.

Now today I received the IPad still factory sealed with a letter telling me the lady applied for a job online and some people in Russia contacted her. They'd steal credit card numbers give them to her to buy things and then she'd ship them to Russia. The woman apparently thought this was a job and didn't know the numbers were stolen.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Postby WolfBrewer on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:07 pm

Codeblue wrote:
jjttdw wrote:How can you lose the case and end up on top??

Right? Story time or GTFO.

Too long of a story, but basically multiple paypal agents gave me different instructions on how to go about my sellers claim once my MINT $1k+ print returned to me with some damage (noob buyer/shipper). Luckily I had the janky pp instructions in an email, which is probably what saved me there. After a few more calls and speaking to a manager, they basically paid me out for the cost of the original sale due to embarrassment in poor handling of my case. And then I re-sold the print. I kinda got lucky with that one but I quickly learned after 20 or so calls to paypal that half of their agents have no idea wtf is going on.
WolfBrewer
Art Connoisseur

Postby WolfBrewer on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:11 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
WolfBrewer wrote:Pretty sure it's not cool to blast someones name and address on here...

Sure it is. :wink:

As long as it's not me :pint:
WolfBrewer
Art Connoisseur

Postby halftonegraphics on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:38 pm

WolfBrewer wrote:

had a claim not too long ago that was claimed as unauthorized. it went with no updates for about two months and then suddenly was closed to say the product was not delivered. that was the first thing i supplied, a tracking showing it was delivered. paypal didnt give a drymount and closed it in their favor. i gave them a call, provided the facts of delivery, had the funds back in my account and the $25 chargeback fee reversed within minutes. when in doubt, call them.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral

Postby guryter on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:57 am

This dude just hit me up regarding a cheap print. What was the resolution with OP?
guryter
Art Expert

Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.

john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.

Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.

Postby SPAC04 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:27 am

guryter wrote:This dude just hit me up regarding a cheap print. What was the resolution with OP?

Apparently "its in PayPal's hands" was last update, id hold off tho -.02
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:06 pm

Go for it. Board has been boring af lately.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Previous

Return to Anything Goes