Paypal claims against a merchant?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby GoBluePanic on Tue May 29, 2018 2:41 pm

I ordered the Before the Dead box set in album format from Garcia Family Provisions. To my disappointment each record in the set is scratched to hell. I contacted GFP and they basically said our return policy is for you to get drymounted. I understand how they must have this policy for CD's, DVD's, downloads, etc because the purchaser can make an exact copy of the original but records don't work that way. I sent a response stating the difference and reiterating I would prefer an exchange rather than a refund but don't expect to hear back.

Has anyone had luck working through Paypal in a situation like this? If it was just 1 record or side I could deal but this fudge is beyond ridiculous as you can see in the photo

Thanks
:cheers:

GoBluePanic
Art Expert

I'm not someone else.

Postby bubbie on Tue May 29, 2018 2:45 pm

That's drymounted up, lol.

I have not had to deal with anything like this before, but I am pretty sure it will work just like any other claim and I am pretty confident PayPal will side with you on this one.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby rubberneck on Tue May 29, 2018 3:23 pm

bubbie wrote:pretty sure it will work just like any other claim and I am pretty confident PayPal will side with you on this one.

Pics and a level headed note on situation should work.
rubberneck
Art God

Postby ygolohcysp on Tue May 29, 2018 4:16 pm

And then the merchant will likely ignore the paypal claim because they don't know how to deal with it or the person that would deal with it didn't get the notification and you get a refund and get to keep your fudge for free.
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Return to Anything Goes