So can any mods/admins answer this simple question?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby 63schoeffling on Wed May 16, 2018 12:22 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
Darkknight37 wrote:EB automatically sells my prints when I list them, right? Right?

And EB finds all your ISO for you if you enter it in the system.

Maaaaaaaaagic!
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby bubbie on Wed May 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:EB automatically sells my prints when I list them, right? Right?

Thankfully, it does not automatically record the sales. This thread would not have existed otherwise.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby mahilgen on Wed May 16, 2018 1:27 pm

jjttdw wrote:The six month averages can be hitchy but people with brains just pull up the detail.

Hitchy is putting it mildly. And that feature was a solid reference point not too long ago.

What concerns me more recently is that the prices recorded as sold through ebay are often wrong. For instance, look through the 30 listed ebay sales of Maze color giclee. A full 10 of them are actually higher, some very much so, on ebay than recorded on EB. Makes figuring out market value more difficult, especially considering the link through to the auction disappears after a period of time.

OP isn't wrong.
mahilgen
Art Connoisseur

Postby jjttdw on Wed May 16, 2018 1:30 pm

mahilgen wrote:
jjttdw wrote:The six month averages can be hitchy but people with brains just pull up the detail.

Hitchy is putting it mildly. And that feature was a solid reference point not too long ago.

What concerns me more recently is that the prices recorded as sold through ebay are often wrong. For instance, look through the 30 listed ebay sales of Maze color giclee. A full 10 of them are actually higher, some very much so, on ebay than recorded on EB. Makes figuring out market value more difficult, especially considering the link through to the auction disappears after a period of time.

OP isn't wrong.

Are you sure those weren't best offers? post a link.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby Kramerica on Wed May 16, 2018 1:33 pm

Ebay will often show the asking price rather than the sold price. The eb database has what offer what actually accepted. You can use a site like watchcount.com to verify.
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby guryter on Wed May 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Is this where I learn how to internet?
guryter
Art Expert

Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.

john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.

Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.

Postby jmagee87 on Wed May 16, 2018 1:38 pm

jjttdw wrote:
mahilgen wrote:

OP isn't wrong.

Those were best offers. If you check the actual sold price on watchcount it shows the correctly recorded sale number
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby jjttdw on Wed May 16, 2018 1:40 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
jjttdw wrote:
mahilgen wrote:

OP isn't wrong.

Those were best offers. If you check the actual sold price on watchcount it shows the correctly recorded sale number

Goddam '10ers. Oh..wait :oops:
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby Codeblue on Wed May 16, 2018 1:57 pm

Watchcount is for nubs.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby jmagee87 on Wed May 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Codeblue wrote:Watchcount is for nubs.

Caring so much about the price charts is for nubs
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby Codeblue on Wed May 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Duh.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby Prinze on Wed May 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Prinze wrote:These graphs are kinda nice. Any chance the new site will fix the issues with average prices?

Asked about this in the fundraising thread a few weeks back. Didn't get a direct answer, but it kinda sounds like they're waiting to update / fix the site until everything is ready rather than incrementally fixing things. Whether or not the sales data is accurate / complete is another issue though.
Prinze
Art Enthusiast

Postby jjbehren on Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 pm

SwampButt wrote:
jjbehren wrote:
SwampButt wrote:Squalie what exactly do you mean by that?

He means you haven't contributed any sales data (or anything, for that matter). If you had you'd have EB points.

It’s impossible to contribute sales data. That’s the whole point of this thread you numbnut

I love this post so much
jjbehren
Flipper

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby Slacking on Thu May 17, 2018 2:03 am

#Magic
Slacking
Art Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Anything Goes