Looking for a smoker

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby pvecchi on Mon May 14, 2018 7:30 pm

Hey all

Looking for some recommendations. Might buy myself a smoker and was wondering what some of you experts would recommend.

I’m a newbie. My family has a 5 people...sometimes we have a few friends over but not a whole lot of people 10-12 maybe. Looking for something fairly simple to use. Not exactly set it and forget it but pretty close. I’m a big fan of brisket, pork butts, ribs. Thinking maybe an electric might be the way to go

Would love any advice and recommends / tips

TIA
pvecchi
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Postby bryndavies on Mon May 14, 2018 7:38 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=168252

The answers you seek.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 9752
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier
ImageT.K.C.

Postby wottagunn on Mon May 14, 2018 7:43 pm

welcome to the family
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5202
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne
    Image Image Image ImageImage

Postby pvecchi on Mon May 14, 2018 7:53 pm

bryndavies wrote:http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=168252

The answers you seek.


Thank you :pint:
pvecchi
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Postby PLUSH on Mon May 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Image
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7162
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Postby davemfan on Tue May 15, 2018 9:54 am

what's your budget?
User avatar
davemfan
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:27 am
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Postby sidewaysscott on Tue May 15, 2018 11:30 am

smoked two roaster chickens and three racks of ribs on saturday. :pint:
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 22060
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.

Postby pvecchi on Tue May 15, 2018 11:33 am

davemfan wrote:what's your budget?


Probably around $200-$250. Maybe a little more for the right thing
pvecchi
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Postby jmagee87 on Tue May 15, 2018 11:43 am

I've got a masterbuilt electric smoker and love it. Did some chicken and pork tenderloin for mothers day.
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5876
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby davemfan on Tue May 15, 2018 11:49 am

pvecchi wrote:
davemfan wrote:what's your budget?


Probably around $200-$250. Maybe a little more for the right thing


Get this.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-18-in-Sm ... er/3358784

Once you get them going they cruise. I can put pork butts on at 11PM get up at 7AM or so and it's still hanging at 250. It'll fit 4 pork butts if you ever need to make that many and ribs will fit laying down. I can get you a 10% off coupon to use online if you need one. Best bang for your buck at that budget. PM me if you want the code.
User avatar
davemfan
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:27 am
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Postby RadRacing on Tue May 15, 2018 11:54 am

jmagee87 wrote:I've got a masterbuilt electric smoker and love it. Did some chicken and pork tenderloin for mothers day.


if you're just starting out it gets no easier than this. I've had two of them.
User avatar
RadRacing
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1198
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 9:12 am
Location: CANADA

Postby piper27 on Tue May 15, 2018 12:08 pm

davemfan wrote:
pvecchi wrote:
davemfan wrote:what's your budget?


Probably around $200-$250. Maybe a little more for the right thing


Get this.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-18-in-Sm ... er/3358784

Once you get them going they cruise. I can put pork butts on at 11PM get up at 7AM or so and it's still hanging at 250. It'll fit 4 pork butts if you ever need to make that many and ribs will fit laying down. I can get you a 10% off coupon to use online if you need one. Best bang for your buck at that budget. PM me if you want the code.

I have this smoker and love it. Once you get the hang of it basically it's a set it and forget it smoker.
User avatar
piper27
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:52 pm
Location: Stewart, Mn

Postby jmagee87 on Tue May 15, 2018 1:13 pm

RadRacing wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:I've got a masterbuilt electric smoker and love it. Did some chicken and pork tenderloin for mothers day.


if you're just starting out it gets no easier than this. I've had two of them.

Yeah this is my first smoker. And it couldnt be easier. Comes with a wireless remote to monitor temps and everything. So easy
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5876
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.


Return to Anything Goes



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canuck and 4 guests