fbmelthunters

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby soam24 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:08 am

I remember being in Good Art Group seeing a few of the same people always having new rare emek foils and waffling em. Same people every time..
soam24
Art Freak

Image ISO: 1 or 2 Glen Close Phish Tickets

Postby matowest on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:16 am

Flipping posters finally gets the rap song it so desperately needed
matowest
Art Expert

Postby IWish on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:44 pm

soam24 wrote:I remember being in Good Art Group seeing a few of the same people always having new rare emek foils and waffling em. Same people every time..

I am so far removed from the FB/raffle world. I am curious, though. Is the accusation that Goodfoot is selling to the same people who are then turning profit by raffling on FB...then, giving Goodfoot a cut of the raffle money?
IWish
Art Expert

Postby soam24 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:53 pm

IWish wrote:
soam24 wrote:I remember being in Good Art Group seeing a few of the same people always having new rare emek foils and waffling em. Same people every time..

I am so far removed from the FB/raffle world. I am curious, though. Is the accusation that Goodfoot is selling to the same people who are then turning profit by raffling on FB...then, giving Goodfoot a cut of the raffle money?

No clue as i don't check fb ever anymore, but the same dude always had super recent emek foils that no one else would have and waffle for an extremely high price. a few of us always said something was up.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby mike123230 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:20 pm

soam24 wrote:
IWish wrote:

No clue as i don't check fb ever anymore, but the same dude always had super recent emek foils that no one else would have and waffle for an extremely high price. a few of us always said something was up.

Please stop saying waffle

And so these people, what, raffle these prints that are worth, say, $500 for like $5 bucks a ticket and sell way more than 100 tickets, so end up making a greater profit? Am I understanding that right?
mike123230
Art Expert

Postby 35mmpaul on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:29 pm

waffles are tasty. and cooler than the word raffle. don't be that person.

and sorta. depends on the print. but its set number of entries.
Last edited by 35mmpaul on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby soam24 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:58 pm

mike123230 wrote:
soam24 wrote:
IWish wrote:

Please stop saying waffle

And so these people, what, raffle these prints that are worth, say, $500 for like $5 bucks a ticket and sell way more than 100 tickets, so end up making a greater profit? Am I understanding that right?

No. It's a set price and entries tbd by the seller.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby Codeblue on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Teh point still being to raise mo money than it would normally get in a standard sale.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby IWish on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:13 pm

That was my understanding, blue. That some raffles rake in some serious dough. This was based off of...maybe...two posts that I've read, here.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby Kramerica on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Does is have to be poster related? That whole heroin dealer thread is pretty amusing.
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby Codeblue on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:43 pm

Not really. Any fb melts or general tardiness.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby GoBluePanic on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 am

soam24 wrote:

So the person collects $ for waffle tickets AND still sells the print at a high price? They actually just raffle the opportunity to buy? Holy fudge
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

I'm not someone else.

Postby guryter on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:55 am

No. The seller states a price per entry and a set number of entries. Then they randomly select a winner, and the winner gets the print.

entry cost : $10
amount of entires : 100
seller gets : $1000
winner gets : print
guryter
Art Expert

Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.

john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.

Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.

Postby rubberneck on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 am

GoBluePanic wrote:
soam24 wrote:

So the person collects $ for waffle tickets AND still sells the print at a high price? They actually just raffle the opportunity to buy? Holy fudge

Old news, been going on for years. Multiple FB groups.

Some folk do well out of em, others drop serious coin with no reward. Nature of the enterprise.
rubberneck
Art God

Postby guryter on Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:11 am

rubberneck wrote:
GoBluePanic wrote:
soam24 wrote:

Old news, been going on for years. Multiple FB groups.

Some folk do well out of em, others drop serious coin with no reward. Nature of the enterprise.

Wait, what? People have raffled entries for money to then sell the print at another set cost to the raffle winner? Who the hell would buy an entry to that?
guryter
Art Expert

Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.

john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.

Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes