Request for help

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby Mapman on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:42 am

Hey guys and girls, I may not be known to many of you as I don't post a ton, but I've been around forever and have a request....

Long version: We brought my wife into the ER last Thursday for a CT scan to confirm if she had a sinus infection, and instead they found a large brain tumor (we named it Arnold, in honor of his line "It's not a tumor"). She was quickly transferred to a bigger and more advanced hospital and they scheduled surgery for this past Monday. My wife is a teacher, and she just started a new job this past school year, and unfortunately she is not covered by certain benefits like FMLA, and doesn't have too many sick days accrued yet. So she is going to end up not getting paid for the remainder of the school year. Which means we will be struggling to cover our basic bills and expenses. This doesn't include any of the medical expenses. So my sister set up a gofundme site to help us cover some of that lost income and put a dent in the expected medical expenses.

Short version: my wife had a brain tumor, had surgery, isn't going to get paid for the remainder of the school year (she's a teacher) and we need help....

If you can donate, great, if not, no biggie, figured it couldn't hurt to ask!!!

https://www.gofundme.com/mission-for-a- ... -for-megan

Thanks, Erik
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby Kramerica on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:46 am

I'm really sorry to hear this. I have had several close friends and family members struggle with brain tumors. I wish her a swift and complete recovery.
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby IWish on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:14 pm

Oh, man...that's tough. Sometimes, FMLA time can be donated from other employees to help out. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby liptonsweettea on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:43 pm

just donated, hope everything go well and speedy recovery.
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Postby theperfecttree on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:51 pm

liptonsweettea wrote:just donated, hope everything go well and speedy recovery.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Postby chevyav53 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:31 pm

liptonsweettea wrote:just donated, hope everything go well and speedy recovery.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby Vorpel on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:47 pm

Donated. Good luck.
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur

Postby Mapman on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Thanks all, she is doing better, we got the pathology back and the tumor was some sort of very rare type. While it wasn't cancerous, it wasn't 100% benign either. So they are going to watch it really closely and they will still consult with a neuro-oncologist to find out if they need to do radiation treatment or not??

She is getting better each day, still weak on her left side. But she is already seeing the physical and occupational therapists. They also clamped her brain drain today, so if that goes well she might be able to get out of the ICU soon. Crossing our fingers!

Again, thanks to those that donated!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby Mapman on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:57 pm

IWish wrote:Oh, man...that's tough. Sometimes, FMLA time can be donated from other employees to help out. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.
\

Her district doesn't do it, which sucks!
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby kansasbbq on Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Mapman wrote:
IWish wrote:Oh, man...that's tough. Sometimes, FMLA time can be donated from other employees to help out. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.
\

Her district doesn't do it, which sucks!

Ours doesn't do it either. :(
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby Mapman on Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 am

Quick update... She is doing much better, getting short walks with an entourage, and sitting in her chair, but still has her brain drain in place. Hopefully that will come out soon so she can get out of the surgical ICU and getting into the PT/OT phase of things.
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby jjttdw on Tue May 01, 2018 12:37 pm

glad she is doing better and just dropped a little more love into the fund.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby fallstaff on Wed May 02, 2018 12:53 am

jjttdw wrote:glad she is doing better and just dropped a little more love into the fund.
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Postby Mapman on Mon May 07, 2018 4:59 pm

Just wanted to say thanks again and give a little update.

So she got the brain drain out on Friday, which is a BIG deal, and also means no shunt, which would have been permanent. So that means she was allowed to move out of the ICU, and into a regular room. She is getting checked out by PT folks, so she'll probably be moving the to the PT floor at the hospital, and probably home within a month or so!?!?! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby fallstaff on Mon May 07, 2018 5:18 pm

Great news!
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Next

Return to Anything Goes