Paypal Claims

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby ciphe on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Long story short.

I saw a listing on eBay, made an offer and seller agreed if I purchased direct. I sent the payment as a regular purchase to make sure PayPal had me covered.

I purchased the print knowing that it had pin holes in the corners and was assured the rest of the print was near mint.
A few days later the print arrives with water stains, roll bends, creases, multiple pin holes and tears in the corners. I contact the seller and no response, so I open a PayPal claim. PayPal is now asking me to verify the damage through a 3rd party to prove the damage.

Has anyone been through this process before, can someone recommend any help? Thanks.
ciphe
Art Expert

Postby dolamite24 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:09 pm

A good friend of mine had a similar initial response from PayPal when faced with the same situation of an inaccurately described item. I advised him to contact PayPal via phone and that seemed to get him a "send it back for a full refund" resolution.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur

Postby WolfBrewer on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 pm

ciphe wrote:Paypal is now asking me to verify the damage through a 3rd party to prove the damage.

Yeah, you really shouldn't have to do that. Give them a call and say that you would like to return the item. After going through a brutal paypal claim myself, I have witnessed different agents telling me a different thing to do each time. Paypal is a bit drymounted in my opinion, but generally work in the buyer's favor.
WolfBrewer
Art Connoisseur

Postby Codeblue on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:01 pm

As a buyer, your protections are infinitely greater through Ebay. Paypal usually doesn't give a fudge as long as you receive something.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby ciphe on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:27 pm

WolfBrewer wrote:
ciphe wrote:Paypal is now asking me to verify the damage through a 3rd party to prove the damage.

Yeah, you really shouldn't have to do that. Give them a call and say that you would like to return the item. After going through a brutal paypal claim myself, I have witnessed different agents telling me a different thing to do each time. Paypal is a bit drymounted in my opinion, but generally work in the buyer's favor.

I talked to another rep and was given the option to upload supporting documents
ciphe
Art Expert

Return to Anything Goes