macc5
EB Team

Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:05 pm

Sorry for my delay.. beta donated.. :pint:
MrsMcspecial
New User

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Yamar wrote:Hey all!

As many of you have hopefully seen and/or heard, the staff at EB has been working on a plan to revamp/overhaul/update the full of the site (for the first time in over 10 years) for some time now. We have finally gotten to the point where it's time to reach out to the masses and ask for you to (financially) pitch in. An email should be going out shortly (within the next day or two) to all EB registered email accounts with a link to the actual donation site - any generosity to help with the project would be greatly appreciated.

There will be a degree of details posted on the donation site as to planning and general information/timeline but some basic questions also given below. If you have others, you can ask but not everything will be responded to (I think this common sense, but just as a pre-emptive).
Thanks in advance for anything you're inclined to put towards the future of EB - we all appreciate it.
-Brendan

-What is the funding goal?
At this point, our target is around $30,000. If every reasonably active member of the site (generally estimated at around 15,000 members) were to donate, this would be very easy to do. But I think a more reasonable goal would be to get around 3000 members to donate about $10 each. Even that may understandably be a stretch, but it's what we're shooting for...

-What does the timeline look like?
The project is progressing already, split in two main phases. The first - to generally update and stabilize the existing look of the current site - should be ready by the top of 2018. The second half - implementation of new features and development - would be in place by Spring 2018.

-What is my donation paying for?
Donations cover the costs of paying a design firm to execute the upgrades needed for the site. With the goal of making sure that EB is both stabilized in it's current form and that it moves into a position of being able to be upgraded and adaptable in the future, we needed to take the approach of designing the site from scratch instead of just trying to tweak the current state of things. In the event that we raise more than expected, funds will be applied to future server costs and/or to look at other further site developments.

-Will I lose my account information -- saved collection, FS/FT, and ISOs?
The hope and expectation is that ALL data will be transferred over to the new site without loss. This means everything from all database listings and information to every account and member list (FS/FT, ISO, and Collections) within that. Depending on when the transfer occurs and when the upgraded facets go live to the public, it's possible that a few days worth of data may lost in the migration, but not entire accounts (and their lists) wiped out or anything.
Is there still a link for fundraising? I meant to donate but I'm a lazy bastard.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:16 am

Cross-post:

NOTE TO ADMINS: It would be so awesome if the new EB site could have a sub-forum for DIY screen printers. The gp forum was a great resource for those just starting-out and was so helpful (to me). Seems to me that a separate forum would bring new members that are more interested in the technical side of screen printing. Just sayin'...
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:25 am

beta is sick guys, you all are missin out.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:31 pm

"We got our monies. Peace out bitches." - the EB Team
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:17 pm

aahnutz wrote:
Creation88 wrote:the communication regarding this project could use a lot of improvement.
Noted. From what I understand, Beta testing is still not available at this time. Hopefully soon. Please hang in there. This has been a massive undertaking. Thank you for your patience.
Please describe this massive undertaking. It would be helpful is someone would just write a couple paragraphs once every couple weeks to let people know where things stand. When was the last time any meaningful update was provided. Blue, do you know?

Suggest renaming of this thread to:

Site Update - Capital Fundraising (OCE Style)
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:24 pm

Are ya discounting ahnutz's update cuz she's a woman?! I keed. I keed. Last "meaningful" update was from early December saying how much was raised so far.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:30 pm

They put it all on black. Came up red. They’ll try again in a few years.
That's what she said
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:48 pm

I'm sure I'm speaking out of turn, but it's certainly not the first time for that. >_> The new version of the site is actually coming along nicely. They're understandably wanting to put a bit more polish on it before rolling it out to the beta users. But I'm sure that'll be coming along very soon. Hang in there, I'm sure Yamar will be along with a larger (read: more official) update shortly.
So it goes...
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Bump
That's what she said
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:43 pm

finneganm wrote:Bump
Thanks for the update
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:10 pm

jjttdw wrote:
finneganm wrote:Bump
Thanks for the update
You’re welcome
That's what she said
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:12 pm

So where is it?
fredo
Art God

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:03 am

Behind you.
just a foil for me today, thanks
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:09 am

everything was timelined to be ready to go by Spring 2018. and by my count, there are 9 days left.

8)
Last edited by cotis on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.