Got Robbed - Any Advice on Trying to Track down my art?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby VoodooD2 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:09 pm

So I moved into a new place in Minneapolis. While moving a box filled with poster tubes got left in my car. I lost a good number of screenprints. I didn't mean to leave them in the car, I was sick and it was cold and just overwhelmed with a lot happening at the time. Of course I also never wrote down the numbers on the prints. So I realize I'm pretty much close to boned. But I thought I would ask if anyone has any advice for tracking down stolen goods. I tried to go to some Pawn shops, I reported it to police, I checked craigslist but never really had anything come up. The police pretty much ignored me.

Anyways, if anyone has been in a similar situation or has any advice trying to recover stolen goods I would appreciate it. This was a huge kick in the teeth when it happened and I am still pretty bummed over it.

Stuff that was stolen

Ken Taylor Halloween Regular.

AStout Captain America Regular.

Stout Attack the Block Variant

Durieux Indiana Jones Regular

Phantom City Creative Jaws 2016 Regular

They also got some posters I got from my Grandma as a kid and a Kevin Garnett 7 feet tall poster.
VoodooD2
Art Enthusiast

Postby Codeblue on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Check Ebay.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby IWish on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Maybe check with stores that are near where your car was parked and see if they have security camera? I dunno'...might be a dumb suggestion. If you offer to pay for a copy of the video you might be able to at least get an idea (description) who the thief is.
IWish
Art Expert

If you need weights to flatten posters. Make your own using penny rolls - it's inexpensive. Just throw them into a ziplock or something similar. Non-organic and there is no risk getting an infestation (grain bugs).

Postby fredo on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:40 pm

fredo
Art God

gone moosin'

Postby Aedward5 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:59 pm

You guys are giving the thief to much credit. He probably already gave the posters "not prints in his head" to one of his kids thinking that it's crap someone bought at Tower Records.

I bet the Stout is currently taped to a kids back door.
Aedward5
Art Enthusiast

Postby pvecchi on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Your not going to get much help from the police....I chased a few burglars out of my place when I got burglarized in NE MSP....waited over 1.5 hours for the police to show up (precinct was literally 2 blocks from my house at the time)....

I keep all my receipts and serials numbers so I was able to provide them to the police / detectives after the fact....around a month later I get a call from the detectives saying my PS3, my TV and 5 of the games that went missing were pawned and because of my info they were holding them for me at a site....I asked the detectives if anyone would be prosecuted (because they had the info of the guy that pawned them). They said the DA had other bigger fish to fry and they guy would probably just say he found them in the alley. I asked couldn't he be prosecuted for selling stolen stuff and they basically said no, just be happy you got some of your fudge back

The burglars took a whole lot more than that and broke my cat's hip in the process....kinda peeved me off that they were unwilling to go after this guy...seemed to me like the burglary could have led to much worse outcomes and it would have been worth it trying to get something on this guy's record....but alas, no

If you can't track it down yourself (Craigslist or eBay or a local rock poster shop) you probably are SOL
pvecchi
Art Expert

Return to Anything Goes