Scammer Alert: EB User Malancan

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby mafurman on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Malancan (*************MODERATOR EDIT************************) purchased 3 prints from me at least a year ago. In early May he contacted me about several prints that interested him. After some back and forth for two weeks we agreed on a bargain basement price for a lot of 5 prints that weren't getting framed anytime soon - total value of $250. The lot included Englert's Dr Strangelove print, Stout Hendrix, Gabz Raging Bull, Krabz Rocky, and one other I can't think of at the moment

I shipped the prints off after payment was made in mid May and sent the user a tracking number. A few days ago I received notification from Paypal that the buyer has disputed the transaction - claiming that it was not authorized.

I uploaded the bulk of our conversation and a tracking number, but I have a bad feeling I am going to be out the prints and the money.

Any advice? One concern I have is that I am not sure I sent to his confirmed Paypal address. I think I did because I believe I used Paypal to create the shipping label, but I know he sent me an address on Expressobeans. Paypal won't let me view the transaction history now to be sure.

In any event, it seems this guy is a slime and desperately needed this $250 or something. Don't get ripped off by him.
mafurman
Art Connoisseur

Postby jjttdw on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:49 pm

You might want to not post his name...sorry you got ripped off,
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby ErocAfellar on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:44 pm

ErocAfellar
Art Expert

HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!

Postby thescofieldkid on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Bummer. He reached out to me 5/8 for a bundle package too. I never followed up on it w/him though. Hate to say it, but I won't do any selling/trading w/new members.

Hope you get sorted
thescofieldkid
Art Connoisseur

Collect them all. Before you Die®

Postby mafurman on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:34 pm

jjttdw wrote:You might want to not post his name...sorry you got ripped off,

Really? Why is that something that should be withheld? This is a person who has now ripped off multiple members of the community. Why protect his name? I did not post any other contact information, but even if I did it seems like that would only be fair to other members.
mafurman
Art Connoisseur

Postby Codeblue on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:55 am

Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby relentlesskevin on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:50 am

What is the safest way to accept funds from a 'noob'?
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Postby Grateful69Phish on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:50 am

relentlesskevin wrote:What is the safest way to accept funds from a 'noob'?

Cash
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Return to Anything Goes