Going to Japan – recommend me some stuff

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby fredo on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:59 pm

Do NOT pick a fight at a 1950s-style sock hop.
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby jjttdw on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Karaoke. Also, stay in a "Love Hotel".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_hotel
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby ksn on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:29 pm

wottagunn wrote:
BigJ wrote:Check out the Tsukiji fish market - try make it out at the crack of dawn to see the Tuna auctions.
Japanese professional baseball and Sumo wrestling are also great spectacles.
There are tonnes of interesting neighborhoods to explore... plan on doing lots of walking around!

definitely checking out Tsukiji and hopefully, if the line is not too big, Sushidai.

Sushi Dai not worth the wait unless you're jet lagged and up early. Even if you are, probably better to go to tuna auctions (can't do both).
ksn
Art Expert

Postby wottagunn on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 pm

so ive had some time to give it a proper research, and these are a few of the things ive planned.
The main highlight though is obviously being able to use a bidet for the first time.

Sendai - Yagiyama zoo, jozenji-dori
Kyoto - deer park, plus some geisha related attractions
Tokyo - snow monkeys, mt fuji trip, mario kart tour, robot caberet, yoyogi park, golden gai, kasai rinkai park, ill get in a round of night golf just outside Tokyo. Check out piss alley and a few other night-life areas. And also, ill be rummaging around Shibuya trying to find Pejac's Seppuku.
wottagunn
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Postby jamel-d on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Wife and I are going to Japan next Thursday to visit our son and daughter-in-law. Staying in Nagoya, he lives there, Hiroshima, Kyoto and Tokyo. Would love to climb Mt. Fuji, but my health won't allow it. Staying at a Ryokan in Nagoya. Peace Park and museum in Hiroshima. Shrines and temples in Kyoto. Riding the Shinkansen, they tell me it's faster than a speeding bullet. And then whatever my son has in mind.
Have a good trip. Stay safe.
jamel-d
Art Expert

THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16 Image

Postby AdamScott on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Save extra time for Kyoto. It is the best place on Earth.

Also I forget what it is called but there is anime course meal. Each course is small but it goes from salty to spicy to sweet and so on.
AdamScott
Art Enthusiast

Postby ksn on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:16 pm

wottagunn wrote:Sendai - Yagiyama zoo, jozenji-dori
Kyoto - deer park, plus some geisha related attractions
Tokyo - snow monkeys, mt fuji trip, mario kart tour, robot caberet, yoyogi park, golden gai, kasai rinkai park, ill get in a round of night golf just outside Tokyo. Check out piss alley and a few other night-life areas. And also, ill be rummaging around Shibuya trying to find Pejac's Seppuku.

Sendai is a bit out of the way for just a zoo? I think most people just go there for sakura or momiji maybe (not in season?) and beef tongue.

If you're into matcha, you could look up Uji (in Kyoto). Fushimi Inari shrine is nice too, also on the way.
ksn
Art Expert

Postby wottagunn on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:26 am

one of my mates lives in sendai, so ill be visiting him for a bit
wottagunn
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Postby xangelx on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:19 am

Subbing since I will be in Tokyo for 3 days in December. Been there 3 times before but always for a day or 2 and never got to see much. Gonna try to make the most of my time there now.
xangelx
Art Expert

"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion

Postby SPAC04 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Go to Nara, see the Deer that just hang out with no fear of people a'la Cows in india. Tokyo and Kyoto are obviously amazing as well.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Anything Goes