I want a pinball machine for my house!!

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby peacedog on Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:03 pm

Addams Family is a consistently good machine. Played a lot of T2 in school, Whirlwind was a house favorite as well. All time favorite is Judge Dredd.
peacedog
Art Expert

Postby greenhorn1 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:18 pm

stuckeyc wrote:
chalkdust wrote:Addams Family and original Star Wars are the two best imo

That's what i am talking about. Also I can't imagine an app being anything close to the real thing

As much fun as star wars is (It's the game that got me into pinball and the first game I bought), from a scoring perspective it is incredibly unbalanced. There is literally no point in doing anything other than shooting the ramp over and over and over. I believe there's some homebrew software now that helps with that problem though.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)

Postby GoBluePanic on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:57 pm

Jugheadd wrote:So many cool ones out there but here's the list I think I may work from:

Addams family
South Park
Haunted mansion

Anybody got a favorite?

Hands down, the BEST.

Tha maaaaaaamushka!

Edit: Forgot about T2 Peace Dog. That was a good one too.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

I'm not someone else.

Postby GR8Dane on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:36 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:
chalkdust wrote:Addams Family and original Star Wars are the two best imo

That's what i am talking about. Also I can't imagine an app being anything close to the real thing

As much fun as star wars is (It's the game that got me into pinball and the first game I bought), from a scoring perspective it is incredibly unbalanced. There is literally no point in doing anything other than shooting the ramp over and over and over. I believe there's some homebrew software now that helps with that problem though.

Code update. Ramp ain't worth it anymore....
GR8Dane
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby RCP13 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:51 pm

No mention yet of Creature from the Black Lagoon. That is one fun game. Also liked playing Theater of Magic.
RCP13
Art Connoisseur

Postby earlgreytoast on Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:41 pm

mr_rugby wrote:Download Pinball Arcade from the app store. You can get every single classic pinball game on your iphone or ipad. I think the tables are $4.99 or you can buy a package for $39.99 for 12.

Adams Family is definitely available to purchase and it plays really well, it's crazy how close these tables are to the real thing.

edit: also available for purchase are Twilight Zone, Fun House and Taxi just to name a few

Just played Addams for half an hour. So good. Thanks for the tip rugby. :clap:
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:This thread is boring. I'm going to go jerk off.

http://artsy.bigcartel.com/

Postby Addict on Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:45 pm

jjttdw wrote:Pinbot

my youth :oops:
Addict
Art Connoisseur

Postby RPuzio77 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Loved Pinbot, Fun House was also a good one.
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Postby mr_rugby on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:53 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:Download Pinball Arcade from the app store. You can get every single classic pinball game on your iphone or ipad. I think the tables are $4.99 or you can buy a package for $39.99 for 12.

Adams Family is definitely available to purchase and it plays really well, it's crazy how close these tables are to the real thing.

edit: also available for purchase are Twilight Zone, Fun House and Taxi just to name a few

Glad you enjoyed it. It's the ultimate kill some time app. The other tables and classics look and play the same! I have about 10 tables on my ipad.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Postby peacedog on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:41 pm

mr_rugby wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:

Glad you enjoyed it. It's the ultimate kill some time app. The other tables and classics look and play the same! I have about 10 tables on my ipad.

Personally, the physicality of pinball is why I love it so much. You can't hip-check an iPad or rock the machine on the edge of tilting it. And the crack of the ball occasionally against the glass, exhilarating. We spent way too much time rocking the machines at Howie's in College Park, MD, never touched the video games.
peacedog
Art Expert

Postby jjttdw on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Addict wrote:
jjttdw wrote:Pinbot

my youth :oops:

Would Pinbot be considered vintage at this point?
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby capadon on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:12 pm

I ran across this place while traveling through Budapest: http://www.flippermuzeum.hu/en/. They've got a ton of machines - old and new. Great place.
capadon
Art Enthusiast

Postby sidewaysscott on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:19 pm

loved the indiana jones game. wish it was so drymounting expensive.

sidewaysscott
Art God

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.

Postby SurfingJeff on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:32 pm

It's funny you should bring this up. Been playing a decent amount myself recently, after I stopped to check out the pinball hall of fame museum in Vegas. The Pinball Arcade is pretty decent on an iPad at home, and I'm lucky that my work has a Stern Ghostbusters and Walking Dead.
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

ImageT.H.C.

Postby piper27 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Twilight Zone hands down imo. Only game that I know of with a ceramic bonus ball.
piper27
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes