Boycott Uline

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby mobius006 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:07 pm

As someone who may move again soon, I too request info on cheaper boxes that can be at my door in 24 hours.

:cheers:
mobius006
Art Freak

Liberal Democratic - Print Conservative: Pro Government Regulations, Anti Reprints and Timed Editions.

Postby mistersmith on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:15 pm

o4phish20o wrote:I cant believe there are actually people in this world who would sacrifice price and quality over some CEOs political views.

"I want to pay more and get less, b/c I don't like your views" :hanging:

Note that "people will do the right thing with their money" is literally the reasoning all defenders of free market capitalism give for its necessity. Shitweasel.
mistersmith
Art Freak

electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby ygolohcysp on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:21 pm

charter wrote:
mfaith wrote:I'm totally on board with boycotting a company in order to stay true to my principles. You call it stupidity, I call it being morally responsible. If you believe a company is working in direct opposition to something you're passionate about and feel very strongly towards, it only makes sense that you wouldn't support them with your money. That's a no brainer. I go out of my way to not shop at Hobby Lobby, and I wouldn't be caught dead eating at Chik-fil-a

I go out of my way to eat at Chick-fil-a because it's delicious. Having an opinion on something to me is different than someone or a company that actively do reprehensible things to people or animals or the environment. The Chick-fil-a CEO not supporting gay marriage is an opinion that they are free to have. If they actively deny employment to gay people then that is reprehensible. Boycotting opinions imo is silly. But, that's just my opinion...it may be silly too. I boycott quality and U-Line sucks. I couldn't care less if the CEO of Yazoo was in an orgy with Hugo Chavez back in the day and they high fived at the end. But, it's also your freedom to boycott! I guess that's what makes it great. USA USA USA.

Didn't Mondo used to use Uline? Side question.

how people give up chik-fil-a i'll never know. mondo used to use uline for sure, the telescoping kind with that nifty black/purple/green logo sticker on one end.
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Postby ArchibaldTuttle on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:36 pm

mobius006 wrote:As someone who may move again soon, I too request info on cheaper boxes that can be at my door in 24 hours.

As far as that goes, I don't know. I was talking more along the lines of ordering 250,000/year, or whatever.

And it's no secret or exclusive deal or anything, to answer the other very polite post, but it does mean looking around and doing some research. But hey I don't live in your area of the country, so maybe it's totally different there. Beating Uline prices is easy in TN.
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Connoisseur

Postby kyler4444 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:47 pm

subscribed
Last edited by kyler4444 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kyler4444
Art Expert

ISO: Stout - The Thing Image

Postby o4phish20o on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:48 pm

ArchibaldTuttle wrote:
mobius006 wrote:As someone who may move again soon, I too request info on cheaper boxes that can be at my door in 24 hours.

As far as that goes, I don't know. I was talking more along the lines of ordering 250,000/year, or whatever.

And it's no secret or exclusive deal or anything, to answer the other very polite post, but it does mean looking around and doing some research. But hey I don't live in your area of the country, so maybe it's totally different there. Beating Uline prices is easy in TN.

Well since you seem so unwilling to name the company you use. How about you tell me the price they charge you for 24x24x24" - 275lb. Tested boxes? Make it easy and only use the 1000+ qty price.

I pay $4.00 each with next day delivery.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Postby kyler4444 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Let's revisit this thread in a year and see how your boycott worked out. I believe Melania Trump's perfume has set some sales records after being boycotted.
kyler4444
Art Expert

Postby jjttdw on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:05 pm

I see both sides on this. Its a whole lot easier to take your business elsewhere if you only buy a few boxes or tubes but if you are buying 250k a year it is hard to justify paying more for a lesser or equal quality product. 50 cents more per box and you are at $125k. For tubes I go with Yazoo and I have little need for boxes so its easy. I just won't use Uline.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby fredo on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Big difference between CEO's having opinions on things and their businesses openly $$upporting/oppo$$ing causes.
Hobby lobby didn't just say "we don't like this", after all.
fredo
Art God

it is imperative to expedite matters to my satisfaction

Postby Cragars on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:21 pm

kyler4444 wrote:Let's revisit this thread in a year and see how your boycott worked out. I believe Melania Trump's perfume has set some sales records after being boycotted.

It's the principle of the matter tho
Cragars
Art Expert

Postby ToonKiller on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:29 pm

kyler4444 wrote:Let's revisit this thread in a year and see how your boycott worked out. I believe Melania Trump's perfume has set some sales records after being boycotted.

Did they start selling it at Walmart next to the camo Gravedigger tshirts so to get more sales from her husbands base?
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:34 pm

Melanomia's perfume dreams set sail, record:
https://www.google.co.nz/amp/www.telegr ... -mail/amp/
fredo
Art God

Postby kyler4444 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:37 am

I'll be eating a delicious sandwich at Chick Fil A tomorrow and then buying some frames at Hobby Lobby after I purchase some U Line tubes.
kyler4444
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:40 am

Don't forget your perfume.
fredo
Art God

Postby bubbie on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:51 am

Luls
bubbie
Art Expert