Boycott Uline

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby RPuzio77 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:43 pm

On a side note though it's an interesting read about Fred Koch and how he built that fortune, that man was only about the dollar, played in the sand box with everyone, a whore for profit!
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Postby fredo on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Nobody do anything on principle, ever. It's the American way.
fredo
Art God

it is imperative to expedite matters to my satisfaction

Postby 63schoeffling on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:11 pm

I hate all my favorite musicians and bands because they are raging liberals..... nahhhh jk. Pearl Jam, Phish, MMJ and Ryan Adams for lyfe dawg.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby ArchibaldTuttle on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:56 pm

The company I work for stopped using Uline boxes years ago because, guess what, they were more expensive than many smaller competitors. I'm the one that did the cost comparisons and met with vendors, and I saved the company some money (and avoided Uline). They still switch vendors for the best price, but none of them have been Uline. We are not a tiny company, btw, and all the higher ups are definitely hardcore Republicans.

And I like how phish's claims went from "thousands" to "tens of thousands" from one post to the next.
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Connoisseur

Postby mfaith on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:54 pm

I'm totally on board with boycotting a company in order to stay true to my principles. You call it stupidity, I call it being morally responsible. If you believe a company is working in direct opposition to something you're passionate about and feel very strongly towards, it only makes sense that you wouldn't support them with your money. That's a no brainer. I go out of my way to not shop at Hobby Lobby, and I wouldn't be caught dead eating at Chik-fil-a
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image Image ImageImage

Postby stuckeyc on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:26 am

o4phish20o wrote:
bryndavies wrote:If it floats your boat, rock on phish. Sorry you aren't baller enough to drop the extra cash. I do recall that you vacation in Orlando, which speaks volumes. #firstclassupinthesky

No, I expect the best quality and service for my money. Which is what ULine provides. The extra savings also allows for me to keep an extra employee who packs said boxes on a daily basis. Start buying 250,000 or so boxes a year and see if you care about cost & quality any differently. I can call by 6pm every day and my order is delivered the next day. You find me service like that elsewhere, for the same cost or less, you'd find me switching immediately. Its all about the bottom dollar, nothing else.

says alot about your character, but atleast you are honest.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Postby o4phish20o on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:08 am

ArchibaldTuttle wrote:The company I work for stopped using Uline boxes years ago because, guess what, they were more expensive than many smaller competitors. I'm the one that did the cost comparisons and met with vendors, and I saved the company some money (and avoided Uline). They still switch vendors for the best price, but none of them have been Uline. We are not a tiny company, btw, and all the higher ups are definitely hardcore Republicans.

And I like how phish's claims went from "thousands" to "tens of thousands" from one post to the next.

If you are serious and not full of bull fudge on this, I'd be more than happy to hear what company provided you with a cheaper rate and same quality. Or is it a big secret and only the company you work for can use them?
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:12 am

mfaith
EB Team

Image Image Image ImageImage

Postby earlgreytoast on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:16 am

Duke also claims he has 14 framed MBWs in one room, then showed pics of 6 or 7. My bet is he has tiny hands, just like his hero, and is constantly trying to compensate. Actually, there are a ton of similarities and I wouldn't be at ALL surprised if homie lived in his parent's basement.

I'll say it again, such a shame about his username as he represents about .001% of phish fans.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:This thread is boring. I'm going to go jerk off.

http://artsy.bigcartel.com/

Postby RPuzio77 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:32 am

Grey, see that we can disagree on how many times to give a loser like Roman, but then turn around and agree that we won't sell out our principles or morals for a little more profit.
MFaith there with you on Hobby Lobby too, funny though its kinda the reverse of what I and others are arguing, they have principles and are sticking to them, I totally don't agree with their stance or politics/religious ideals, but if they are willing to lose business by people like myself and yourself, hey thats the marketplace, it will all get sorted out in the wash, I personally hope they go out of business.
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Postby ToonKiller on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:51 am

bryndavies wrote:All I'm saying is that one man's stupidity is another man's Orlando time share.

Nailed it.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Postby ErocAfellar on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:13 pm

It must be miserable having money dominate every aspect of your daily life... :hanging:
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!

Postby fredo on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:18 pm

I switched back to uline and saved billions on car insurance.
fredo
Art God

it is imperative to expedite matters to my satisfaction

Postby mattkardish on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:42 pm

waiting for the 3rd u line thread to be started this one has fizzled
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby charter on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:57 pm

mfaith wrote:I'm totally on board with boycotting a company in order to stay true to my principles. You call it stupidity, I call it being morally responsible. If you believe a company is working in direct opposition to something you're passionate about and feel very strongly towards, it only makes sense that you wouldn't support them with your money. That's a no brainer. I go out of my way to not shop at Hobby Lobby, and I wouldn't be caught dead eating at Chik-fil-a

I go out of my way to eat at Chick-fil-a because it's delicious. Having an opinion on something to me is different than someone or a company that actively do reprehensible things to people or animals or the environment. The Chick-fil-a CEO not supporting gay marriage is an opinion that they are free to have. If they actively deny employment to gay people then that is reprehensible. Boycotting opinions imo is silly. But, that's just my opinion...it may be silly too. I boycott quality and U-Line sucks. I couldn't care less if the CEO of Yazoo was in an orgy with Hugo Chavez back in the day and they high fived at the end. But, it's also your freedom to boycott! I guess that's what makes it great. USA USA USA.

Didn't Mondo used to use Uline? Side question.
Last edited by charter on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charter
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes