Boycott Uline

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby turnJBup on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:46 pm

o4phish20o wrote:I cant believe there are actually people in this world who would sacrifice price and quality over some CEOs political views.

"I want to pay more and get less, b/c I don't like your views" :hanging:

:lol:
Of course you don't get it...
turnJBup
Art Expert

Postby o4phish20o on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:49 pm

RPuzio77 wrote:
You can bring in other vendors that offer the same product lines and if you are persuasive enough you can get them to meet Uline's "great prices". Don't have to sell your soul for a few bucks, just find different vendors who want the business.

You can "try" to do that... but other vendors simply can't compete. I have priced out other companies, even smaller mom & pop type places in Brooklyn. (have even used them in a pinch for something needed that day). Thing is, NO ONE can compete on price. Uline has cornered the market. We are talking tens of thousands of dollars over the business year. So do I employ an extra person? Or switch my box company b/c of the CEOs views? That's the reality of the situation.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Postby bryndavies on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:58 pm

If it floats your boat, rock on phish. Sorry you aren't baller enough to drop the extra cash. I do recall that you vacation in Orlando, which speaks volumes. #firstclassupinthesky
bryndavies
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C.

Postby bubbie on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:00 pm

The dude supports the agenda, why would he change anything? Phish, that is.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby o4phish20o on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:02 pm

bryndavies wrote:If it floats your boat, rock on phish. Sorry you aren't baller enough to drop the extra cash. I do recall that you vacation in Orlando, which speaks volumes. #firstclassupinthesky

No, I expect the best quality and service for my money. Which is what ULine provides. The extra savings also allows for me to keep an extra employee who packs said boxes on a daily basis. Start buying 250,000 or so boxes a year and see if you care about cost & quality any differently. I can call by 6pm every day and my order is delivered the next day. You find me service like that elsewhere, for the same cost or less, you'd find me switching immediately. Its all about the bottom dollar, nothing else.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:05 pm

No use arguing business to people on a website where most don't understand the time value of money.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby finneganm on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:06 pm

I'd camp out for 9 days to make 87 dollars flipping a print about some drymounting elf or something.
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby RPuzio77 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:12 pm

o4phish20o wrote:
bryndavies wrote:If it floats your boat, rock on phish. Sorry you aren't baller enough to drop the extra cash. I do recall that you vacation in Orlando, which speaks volumes. #firstclassupinthesky

No, I expect the best quality and service for my money. Which is what ULine provides. The extra savings also allows for me to keep an extra employee who packs said boxes on a daily basis. Start buying 250,000 or so boxes a year and see if you care about cost & quality any differently. I can call by 6pm every day and my order is delivered the next day. You find me service like that elsewhere, for the same cost or less, you'd find me switching immediately. Its all about the bottom dollar, nothing else.

The firm I work for has used Uline in the past, in my experience you could find compeitors that will meet or beat the price, but you may be a doing volume business so over the course of the year the costs add up.
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Postby bryndavies on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:14 pm

All I'm saying is that one man's stupidity is another man's Orlando time share.
bryndavies
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C.

Postby RPuzio77 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:15 pm

In the end if money/profit is your ultimate goal thats your business, would hate to see who you would have done business with in the past though because they paid the best or had the lowest prices. See Fred Koch who worked with both Stalin a Communist, and he detested that idealogy until it paid him, or Nazism and Hitler who he fawned over.
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Postby o4phish20o on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:20 pm

RPuzio77 wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:

The firm I work for has used Uline in the past, in my experience you could find compeitors that will meet or beat the price, but you may be a doing volume business so over the course of the year the costs add up.

My assumption for this entire thread was that it was based upon "volume business"... who uses ULine for anything else?
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Postby RPuzio77 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:24 pm

o4phish20o wrote:
RPuzio77 wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:

My assumption for this entire thread was that it was based upon "volume business"... who uses ULine for anything else?

Well be like any other good capitalist just push off the excess cost on to your customers if its a volume issue, you telling me that the customer is going to recognize pennies on the dollar for the volume you would have to be doing for it to reach tens of thousands of dollars. I mean its cardboard boxes and plastic baggies or packing peanuts, am I missing something. As others have said I just don't think that you have any problems with this person's politics, which is fine but there are some people that can put beliefs and politics over profits, if thats not for you okay.
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Postby RPuzio77 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:29 pm

I worked in a pizza place for 5 years, which is all volume, price of cheese went up we didn't eat the cost we passed it on to the customer. If you have a good product people will stay, if not so be it, find new ones to fleece.

Calvera: If God didn't want them sheared, he would not have made them sheep.
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Postby o4phish20o on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:35 pm

RPuzio77 wrote:
Well be like any other good capitalist just push off the excess cost on to your customers if its a volume issue, you telling me that the customer is going to recognize pennies on the dollar for the volume you would have to be doing for it to reach tens of thousands of dollars. I mean its cardboard boxes and plastic baggies or packing peanuts, am I missing something. As others have said I just don't think that you have any problems with this person's politics, which is fine but there are some people that can put beliefs and politics over profits, if thats not for you okay.

Except for I told you straight up... if you find me the same quality and service, at a cheaper cost, Id use "Company X" in a second. All I care about is the bottom dollar and how it plays in to my annual budget.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Postby RPuzio77 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:39 pm

o4phish20o wrote:
RPuzio77 wrote:

Except for I told you straight up... if you find me the same quality and service, at a cheaper cost, Id use "Company X" in a second. All I care about is the bottom dollar and how it plays in to my annual budget.

and my opinion is you lie down with dogs, and you get up with fleas, but to each their own.
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes