All Things Nintendo Switch

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby Codeblue on Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:52 pm

Duh.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby ArchibaldTuttle on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Was hanging out with some people playing Zelda last night. Literally every time I walked in the room they were talking about getting some food item, preparing some food item, bummed cause they consumed some food item before they prepared it. Zelda's a foodie for the new generation?
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:06 pm

mr_rugby wrote:I'm on the fence so I look forward to your review of switch in general. I'm just afraid it's a one game pony.

Should get at least 3 good games out of it.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby dweebofthedead on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:21 pm

mr_rugby wrote:I'm on the fence so I look forward to your review of switch in general. I'm just afraid it's a one game pony.

Five hours in BOTW and it's amazing thus far.

Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey is on my list for the year and E3 is still around the corner. Stoked so far I pulled the trigger.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby mike123230 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:15 am

dweebofthedead wrote:

Five hours in BOTW and it's amazing thus far.

Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey is on my list for the year and E3 is still around the corner. Stoked so far I pulled the trigger.

Everything came Friday. Set it up Saturday. Haven't had a chance to leave the second room when you wake up. Adulting is hard.
mike123230
Art Expert

Postby soam24 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:56 am

:notworthy: :notworthy:

soam24
Art Freak

Postby wonkabars7 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:05 am

Best game of a generation, hands down.
My time is limited for vid games and this is the first one in 20 years or so where I have to force myself to stop playing.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:28 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Best game of a generation, hands down.
My time is limited for vid games and this is the first one in 20 years or so where I have to force myself to stop playing.

Well said, bud. Definitely Ocarina of Times vibes.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby starkdesign on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Wonder if anyone in the mitchell line is playing zelda while waiting lol
starkdesign
Art Expert

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image

Postby dweebofthedead on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:40 pm

starkdesign wrote:Wonder if anyone in the mitchell line is playing zelda while waiting lol

Yup!

I know of one dude. I did tell him, though, that on a full charge, you can only play about 2-3 hours unless you have a beefy portable battery.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby jayper on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:36 pm

I'm pretty blown away by Zelda. Been playing this past week and I am incredibly impressed.

I personally felt that the series had grown a little stale (didn't love Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess) and I didn't think Nintendo had it in them to truly shake up the series. Holy fudge, I am so happy to be wrong in this case. It's like they threw out the rule book, paid attention to the last 10 years of gaming and cherry-picked the best systems of other games and made it all work together seamlessly.

I keep stumbling upon interesting things, and getting lost while exploring. It is hard to stop playing. Can't recommend it enough.
jayper
Art Expert

Postby starkdesign on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:08 pm

jayper wrote:I'm pretty blown away by Zelda. Been playing this past week and I am incredibly impressed.

I personally felt that the series had grown a little stale (didn't love Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess) and I didn't think Nintendo had it in them to truly shake up the series. Holy fudge, I am so happy to be wrong in this case. It's like they threw out the rule book, paid attention to the last 10 years of gaming and cherry-picked the best systems of other games and made it all work together seamlessly.

I keep stumbling upon interesting things, and getting lost while exploring. It is hard to stop playing. Can't recommend it enough.

Totally loving this new addition to the series. I keep getting distracted from what I start working on and see other stuff to explore investigate attempt etc.

Loved A Link Between Worlds, esp since my fav Zeldos have been the top down retro ones, and liked Skyward Sword's art style and story, but those damn motion controls killed me at times.

All that to say, Nintendo BROUGHT IT ALL for this title. Can't wait to see what else they have cooking
starkdesign
Art Expert

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image

Postby agr719 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:19 pm

How does everyone feel about the controllers, specifically in the included dock? I didn't get this yet, and I'm sort of glad I waited based on some things I've read about the whole ergonomics of it all. I'm sure whenever I do take the plunge I'll be getting a classic controller, though. Or pro, or whatever it's called.

Also, how does BotW look in 1080p? Another review I saw said that it actually looks better on the handheld screen, and is a little artifact-y when blown up to 1080p.

Glad to hear it's awesome, though. I can't wait to play it eventually (I'm avoiding everything I can other than first impressions and comments like I'm seeing here).
agr719
Art Expert

Image Image ImageImage
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.

Postby 35mmpaul on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:23 pm

well if you take a big image and put it on a small screen its going to look great.

what size tv do you have?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby starkdesign on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:37 pm

agr719 wrote:How does everyone feel about the controllers, specifically in the included dock? I didn't get this yet, and I'm sort of glad I waited based on some things I've read about the whole ergonomics of it all. I'm sure whenever I do take the plunge I'll be getting a classic controller, though. Or pro, or whatever it's called.

Also, how does BotW look in 1080p? Another review I saw said that it actually looks better on the handheld screen, and is a little artifact-y when blown up to 1080p.

Glad to hear it's awesome, though. I can't wait to play it eventually (I'm avoiding everything I can other than first impressions and comments like I'm seeing here).

Haven't used the joy-cons in the holder, only use those when in portable mode, and they work great there.

For when its docked, I use the pro controller, and its awesome. My only complaint on that is the triggers are click triggers, but thats because the joycons are too

When its docked and on my TV, it looks nice, but its still upscaled a little, 900p on a 1080p screen. Had a couple of scenes on the TV with low framerate issues (mainly in villages) but nothing that is too bad. And on the tablet it all looks awesome
starkdesign
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes