Callout: SteveO/MoviePosterEmpire/GriffTannen15/WoodenNickel

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby cotis on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:19 am

yes this is another commission gone bad. wish I could go back to 2014 me and slap me for even thinking about joining this. seemed like a good idea before I knew who I was dealing with or what a mess I was getting into. there have been lessons learned by all, hopefully. I'm sure people will jump in and add more to it but I will start off with some basic info.

started a Band of Brothers commission in 2014. as of today, one print has been completed and shipped to members. some have yet to receive it though, if I remember correctly. the commission started with big promises of "confirmations" from Walker, Danger, Englert, and more. used a great scheme had to buy print x from welker to be able to buy print y from Danger, so forth and so on. all tied in together. little by little, delay by delay. artists dropping here and there. but good thing Steve collected money from everyone years ago! Danger dropped off a few months back and Steve processed refunds. after haggling around and taking forever. basically refusing to believe the truth that was about to hit him.

Welker just dropped and now Steve has decided to keep some members money, if they have already sent money for other parts of the ten part series. see quote below:

Because of the predicament I have been put in with a large number of people refusing to fulfill their commitments, the only people I will be able to refund on "The Last Patrol" will be those who are not financially committed to "The Breaking Point" and/or "Points," and/or who are in on "Carentan" only but are fully paid up. I don't want to use money across projects but my hand has been forced by those who didn't pay, and because the same thing might occur on the other two that are either in motion or pending, I don't want to be in a situation where I need to pay out of my pocket for overages on costs or for people who refuse to pay for printing. If you paid the full amount on all of them, the reason I still won't be refunding is because we may end up underestimated like on "Carentan" for color separating and printing costs.

Steve has had members money for years and has kicked members from the group due to causing the fiasco of questioning where our money is and why we can't get refunds if the artists aren't working or even starting work on it.

Steve owes me $200 total for the Welker and Englert parts of the commission that will never happen. I am sure there are others missing more, some missing less.

but enough is enough... dream is over.

*afterpost edit- I have written off this money, I will likely never see it. but I want others to know what they're getting into if they decide to do business with him whether sale, trade, etc.
Last edited by cotis on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby tourist504 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:20 am

Hoo boy! :lurk:
tourist504
Art Expert

maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.

BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.

jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.

Imagex6

Postby jkw3000 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:22 am

There aren't enough popcorn gifs in the world for this.

Sorry dude.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby Kramerica on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:23 am

Spoiler alert. The money is long gone.
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby AliRock110 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:29 am

This really sucks and further enforces the notion that commissions are more trouble than they are worth. Which is sad because there are some people who do run competent commissions. Hopefully you find some resolution that works for you.
AliRock110
Art Expert

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:30 am

He's Griff Tannen?! What a dick!

edit: totally makes sense. shoulda been obvious.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby TKuczynski on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:32 am

TKuczynski
Art Expert

Postby jlabbate on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:33 am

I remember seeing this commission pop up a few years back and impressed with the artists lined up to do prints..thankfully I had no desire for BOB prints
but I feel your pain OP, this is one of the many reasons I've passed on a lot of commissions..they are a total crapshoot
jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby BenRichards on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:37 am

He'll be in line at Gallery 1988 this weekend with a stack of cash, ready to buy Cuyler Smith's Trading Cards box set which is 600+ as well as whatever else he throws his money at. Someone needs to call him out in person and stop letting him hide behind his phone in his shoebox of an apartment which is also his office, which is also where he prints his prints on his shitty giclee printer. Just sayin.
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.

Postby earlgreytoast on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:38 am

Another conmission.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:This thread is boring. I'm going to go jerk off.

http://artsy.bigcartel.com/

Postby NEWPORTS69 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:39 am

we gonna need bigger bowl
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Postby TheGeneralDean on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:40 am

What do you expect from a dude that runs a business with the name "Wooden Nickel?"

TheGeneralDean
Art Connoisseur

Postby dasponyboy on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:43 am

BenRichards wrote:He'll be in line at Gallery 1988 this weekend with a stack of cash, ready to buy Cuyler Smith's Trading Cards box set which is 600+ as well as whatever else he throws his money at. Someone needs to call him out in person and stop letting him hide behind his phone in his shoebox of an apartment which is also his office, which is also where he prints his prints on his shitty giclee printer. Just sayin.

Sounds more like someone needs to whoop his ass. Sorry for all those involved, seems like commissions(and this hobby in general) are a perfect setup for scam artist/scumbags.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:44 am

TheGeneralDean wrote:What do you expect from a dude that runs a business with the name "Wooden Nickel?"

[img]lulzfail.jpg[/img]

if you were clued in, you would know that the commission was started years before the idea of a Wooden Nickel.

F- on troll job. guess i'm just doing this for a study of economics and to see what my peers in our hobby think. :roll:

BenRichards wrote:He'll be in line at Gallery 1988 this weekend with a stack of cash, ready to buy Cuyler Smith's Trading Cards box set which is 600+ as well as whatever else he throws his money at. Someone needs to call him out in person and stop letting him hide behind his phone in his shoebox of an apartment which is also his office, which is also where he prints his prints on his shitty giclee printer. Just sayin.

which location is that show at, cause doesn't G88 have two locations? I will be in LA this weekend and might have to swing by.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby kansasbbq on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:45 am

Why don't you do it then?
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Next

Return to Anything Goes