Which one do you like best?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby canuck on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Throw the print away and start over.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby treweman on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 pm

PinkVinyl wrote:
treweman wrote:Top left works best for me. And it isn't even close.

On the original post? With the white frame?

Yes, and yes.
treweman
Art Expert

Postby Weaksauce on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:35 am

I actually prefer the top right in the OG post. For my eyes, the bold dark frame no mat makes me focus on the subject more with the dark colors in the center, while the lighter frame with busy mat edges make my eyes wander and wonder what the drymount is going on in the background. Complete opposite of the second post haha, sorry for not being of much help.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't realize they all had mats and I didn't see the white frame. I'm not a 100 on any now haha
Weaksauce
Art Connoisseur

Postby PinkVinyl on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:29 am

Jamilton wrote:Maybe I'm the asshole here but I like the one you posted last best. Dark frame, dark mat under the white mat. I dig.

Hah, you're not an asshole, I'm thinking the same now. I originally was 100% white frame for life. Then they changed my mind. After testing out darker and wooden frames, I'm convinced it makes the print POP. Sure with the white the artwork speaks for itself, but with the dark wood I think it speaks 3 languages. Anybody else want to weigh in? A few more for dark and my mind can rest easy.

Final question, the 2nd mat on the dark/wood frames is a dark blue, even though there is no dark blue in the print. Is this a framing no-no? I kind of like the feel it give the print, and I believe it relates a bit to the films electric/80's nature. Any input is much appreciated.
PinkVinyl
Art Enthusiast

Postby fredo on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:56 am

Let's see if we can get this thing to 100 pages!
fredo
Art God

it is imperative to expedite matters to my satisfaction

Previous

Return to Anything Goes