JAY SHAW OWES ME PRINTS

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:30 pm

pj101ca wrote:
tweetick wrote:Jay has a list.

Me too!!

You deserve a cookie.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:03 pm

tehhippy
Art Expert

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:17 pm

ironjaiden wrote:Finally remembered my password!

Clem is 100% correct. I told him I'd send out stuff and we emailed back and forth about it for a long while. I sincerely tried to hunt that stuff down and it just didn't happen. I offered to send money his way but he declined and asked me to surprise him with posters. After a while I finally just sent him a Paypal. Hopefully that helped.

There are a handful of other folks I owe posters to from back in the day and you are totally right to feel salty. No excuse whatsoever for letting anything slip through the cracks. If you're owed something you should get it. Please, email me and we'll sort it out. Even if it was a giveaway thing from years ago please don't just write it off. I'd love to make anyone whole there. Jay@kingdomofnonsense.com is the best way to get in touch. I'll respond as quickly as I can and actually send the damn tube.

As for the comically drawn-out subscription, it goes without saying I drymounted that up royally. I sent out a bunch of posters (some good, some less good) but the disparity between what I said I'd do and what actually happened is huge. I feel like a real ass for bellyflopping so hard there but it most certainly isn't over. Mitch will be sending out a collection of prints (and a pin) shortly that I'm really proud of and feel represent the original intent of what I was trying to do there. I'll send an email once those are in production to make sure we've got updated address info.

Anyways there you go. This place was a huge part of me starting a career in poster art. No way on earth I could've done this without the early support here. I bit off a lot more than I could chew some years ago but there's no reason for anyone here to get burned by that.

Man I can't believe this site is still brown. Never change EB.
I'm that guy again - but legitimately curious to see the art for the collection of prints mentioned in this. Not expecting prints (or a pin), but just want to see what was drawn up. :pint:
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:39 pm

tehhippy wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:Finally remembered my password!

Clem is 100% correct. I told him I'd send out stuff and we emailed back and forth about it for a long while. I sincerely tried to hunt that stuff down and it just didn't happen. I offered to send money his way but he declined and asked me to surprise him with posters. After a while I finally just sent him a Paypal. Hopefully that helped.

There are a handful of other folks I owe posters to from back in the day and you are totally right to feel salty. No excuse whatsoever for letting anything slip through the cracks. If you're owed something you should get it. Please, email me and we'll sort it out. Even if it was a giveaway thing from years ago please don't just write it off. I'd love to make anyone whole there. Jay@kingdomofnonsense.com is the best way to get in touch. I'll respond as quickly as I can and actually send the damn tube.

As for the comically drawn-out subscription, it goes without saying I drymounted that up royally. I sent out a bunch of posters (some good, some less good) but the disparity between what I said I'd do and what actually happened is huge. I feel like a real ass for bellyflopping so hard there but it most certainly isn't over. Mitch will be sending out a collection of prints (and a pin) shortly that I'm really proud of and feel represent the original intent of what I was trying to do there. I'll send an email once those are in production to make sure we've got updated address info.

Anyways there you go. This place was a huge part of me starting a career in poster art. No way on earth I could've done this without the early support here. I bit off a lot more than I could chew some years ago but there's no reason for anyone here to get burned by that.

I'm that guy again - but legitimately curious to see the art for the collection of prints mentioned in this. Not expecting prints (or a pin), but just want to see what was drawn up. :pint:

Spoken like one who has truly been abused :wink:
guryter
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:16 pm

Jay sent me a tube late last year, so Jay no longer owes me prints.

Thanks Jay!
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:39 pm

Same here. Jay didn't have any more copies of what I bought but he made good at long last. He's a good dude.
tehhippy
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:21 pm

Still want to see what Jay made for the post-sub sub collection. Even if they're never printed.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:30 pm

tweetick wrote: Jay didn't have any more copies of what I bought but he made good at long last. He's a good dude.

mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:13 pm

Just for that, I won't tell you what he gave me. :pint:

pj101ca wrote:
tweetick wrote: Jay didn't have any more copies of what I bought but he made good at long last. He's a good dude.

pj101ca
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:54 pm

tweetick wrote:Just for that, I won't tell you what he gave me. :pint:
I hope it was something phenomenal after waiting 5 drymountin years and not getting what you paid for.

great dude :roll:
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:25 pm

It was worth the wait. And well worth whatever 5 year's interest on the $45 came to.

I have no complaints where Jay is concerned. He more than did right by me.
fredo
Art God

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:38 pm

Meh. He got stupid busy, life took off like a rocket. And he was a good dude doing well by others far and wide up until then.
just a foil for me today, thanks
guryter
Art Expert

Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:06 pm

Alien translucent thing.....you lucky dog.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
tehhippy
Art Expert

Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:07 pm

ironjaiden wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:17 pm
Finally remembered my password!

Three years... still wonder what this collection was going to be.