Kodi-Open source media player

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Thanks, I found a couple links hopefully they'll work tonight.

In case anyone else is looking go to...
Sports Devil -> Live Sports -> FirstRowSports.eu -> Boxing/WWE/UFC
rockertv87

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:28 am

piper27 wrote:Installed this build last night. Really pleased with it so far and all the add ons
Yeah no limits build is good.

The difference between a build and addons is that build is prepackaged bundle of addons made by someone. They normally have over 20 to 30 addons installed that are usually active and working
kcn0
Art Expert

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:17 am

I prefer to just install a fresh version of Kodi and load the 2-4 add-ons I actually use. The "builds" are nice for the purpose of seeing what is available, but I dislike the constant updates to keep all of the add-ons current, the constant requests to load the newest build, and the number of non-working add-ons because things transition out so quickly.
Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & anything Phlegm
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:05 pm

So what's the newest and latest version of Exodus? Has there been a good replacement? I haven't used my firestick since it took a fudge a few months back.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Cbjornson wrote:So what's the newest and latest version of Exodus? Has there been a good replacement? I haven't used my firestick since it took a fudge a few months back.
I just googled this. Here's what I found.

http://www.yourkodi.com/exodus-update-thread/
kcn0
Art Expert

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:56 pm

Cbjornson wrote:So what's the newest and latest version of Exodus? Has there been a good replacement? I haven't used my firestick since it took a fudge a few months back.
Covenant - look, feels, and functions like Exodus... even kept my history.
Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & anything Phlegm
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:34 pm

Thanks gents - I'll look into it this weekend. Probably have to factory reset my stick as I put a build on.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:59 pm

Cbjornson wrote:Thanks gents - I'll look into it this weekend. Probably have to factory reset my stick as I put a build on.
I literally just finished doing the same. I found no limits slow on my fire stick, so Factory reset > Kodi > Covenant.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get the Trakt Add on to sync with everything.
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:10 pm

Do you use a VPN? I've been raw dogging it and I think it's getting a bit risky... ISP's are cracking down lately
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:47 pm

I haven't been, but I don't watch much. There are a couple of shows that don't have digital codes and I can't find then on netflix, hulu, or amazon. If I was using this to replace cable or one of those services, I'd likely get a VPN just to be safe.
ciphe
Art Expert

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:29 am

I'm running Kodi 17.4 on firestick.

Can anyone help with syncing covenant to auto populate at the main menu items (tv shows, movies)?
alteridiom
Art Expert

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:30 pm

Just got a Rasberry Pi and have successfully loaded it with games. I've put Kodi on there but I don't really know where to go from here. I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the videos and info on this thing. Can someone point me in the right direction or give me some tips or tricks? Thanks!!!
Small town pizza lawyer
conorh03
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:12 am

I've just been using a fire stick and using the Covenant add-on. It worked well as a replacement for Exodus, but lately it's been pretty unusable. Anybody else having problems with Covenant? Takes 20 minutes to find a usable source and then just sits buffering. Not sure if it's the add on or my ISP. Anyone using a different add on for TV and movies?
piper27
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:18 am

I've had good luck with poseidon and elysium
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
pewpewpad

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:43 am

willieaames wrote:
piper27 wrote:Anyone running Kodi on an LG tv? If so I need an install link
If you are using lg smart tv, you don't as they run WebOS. you will need an external device.

if you have android on the TV or an android box, get kodi from playstore. addons are easy-peasy to get, but getting each addon is a little different. you can look up youtube videos for them. there are literally hundreds of videos for just a single addon. the unsaid rule of thumb here is to try the addons that are most popular, like covenant, maverick, sportsdevil, made in canada, bbc iplayer and uk turks. getting kodi's only going to be a little complex if you use a raspberry pi device that isn't android or windows.
Rumor has it that the Exodus folks have relaunched as Covenant
And covenant became one of the top kodi addons

yes. covenant has essentially replaced exodus. but you'll have to stay up to date to know if the method you're following to install covenant is actually working or not because things shape up pretty fast after armageddon