Callout: Ambient Life/Lineo Commissions

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Codeblue wrote:
cotis wrote:he's in line.

I mean he could have brought the prints he owed to people and handed them out in line, but that would make too much sense.
It's not like anyone is gonna say fudge to duke. Maybe they'll grab his prints and then give them back to him?
:lol:
cotis
Art Expert

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:44 am

Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed May 17, 2017 11:13 am

Irishman12 wrote:
fallchild wrote:
SPAC04 wrote:
fallchild wrote:Noticed he posted something for sale just last week. Showed up on my page, so probably not a bad idea bumping.
he's been selling a bunch of things recently (which i don't think is a big deal as this thread is a result of his commission practice, right?) I joined a 'Rounders' (by Hans Woody) commission as gift for a friend of mine, art looks great. That was in 2015 doe, so I expect it will ship third quarter 2018.

Also I think dudes in Europe, dem commish profits.

I almost filed a claim because he took a month to ship that LD north by northwest he has for sale atm... dude rarely responded to any messages I was sending and finally refunded me once I got one of the mondo trader admins involved. This thread appeared shortly after.

Did receive my refund for fear and loathing over the weekend so that was a plus!
I'm hoping I don't have a file a claim on this guy. I was looking for a Scream poster by Florey (see link below) and he was offering it for $80, shipped. I sent him the money early Friday morning and asked him to confirm he received it. I haven't heard anything back and followed up again this morning asking if he was able to send out the poster this weekend. He's read my messages but hasn't responded back yet. This was not a commission sale. He's the only member listed under the "For Sale or Trade by Members" section of the print. I'll give it a few more days but if he continues to duck me, I'll file a claim. And only now am I finding this thread. As you can see from my profile, I'm new to the site. I've only made one purchase from a fellow member before and it went off without a hitch.

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/205062
Just to provide an update, I FINALLY got my poster (almost a month after I sent the money). The money was sent on April 21. I barely heard anything back from AmbientLife once he had my money except that he was busy and he'd put the poster in the mail when he had a chance. After threatening to file a claim with PayPal if he didn't ship my poster soon, the poster was finally mailed on May 1. However, because nothing with this transaction was easy, the poster was sent back to him and delivered back to him on May 5. The post office claims it was sent back due to inappropriate shipping costs (that was their guess anyway). After giving him one more chance, and keeping the PayPal claim open, the poster was mailed out again on May 11 and I FINALLY received it yesterday. The print was in good condition and I'm happy with it (even happier I got the poster). However, nothing about this transaction was smooth and communication was minimal on his part. Proceed with caution!
howdyall
Art Expert

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:29 pm

Bumping, because I read elsewhere about some people this guy is leaving hanging...
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:36 am

Glad to see your boy ambientlife has the cash to throw at a Foley OG

Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:51 pm

:hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:41 pm

Oof.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:53 pm

Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:46 am

Codeblue wrote:Luls.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:04 am

Luls, indeed.

But did she actually respond to everyone who placed a bid? Holy fudge. Nice gal.
jkw3000
EB Team

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:25 pm

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:00 am

reference:
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 6&t=176018

don't sell to this clown.
howdyall
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Been out for a bit, figured this could use a bump. Also, luls at homie shamelessly throwing cash around on social media. Dude works in a movie theater and still has OG money to flash. Not really sure why a well documented scammer still isn't permabanned from eb, but whatever (actually, I do know, I just don't care anymore)
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:15 pm

Currently said scammer is well documented. So all you have to do is the least amount of due diligence and you can figure out not to deal with that person.

Ban him, he creates an alt and begins ripping people off anew.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
howdyall
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Pretty sure not banning him leaves him around for new people who don't know they should be looking out for that sort of thing yet (I knew before I bought from him, I just didn't know that was how he specifically was). But whatever, noobs'll figure it out after a couple of years of waiting for their print to arrive, while we all give them emotional support in the form of "you should always investigate people you buy from before you buy, sukz, hard lesson, keep yor eyez on tha next drop"