Callout: Ambient Life/Lineo Commissions

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
howdyall
Art Expert

Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:30 pm

Keep in mind that any messages I send are the two of us trying to "be civil" to each other.
howdyall
Art Expert

Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:47 pm

He's now trying to say that he'll refund me this weekend. If it happens (big if), I'll post a video of the poster's destruction.

That said, it should never have come to this. The time the commission group members all spent hunting down this guy is valuable time poorly spent, which sucks value out of the end product. He shouldn't have to be hassled for this rookie fudge, and he still can't be trusted to roll these properly, even if they do materialize.

And it also shows massive holes in the buying process - there is no reason it should take this long, and if he really wanted to, he could be long gone with almost $20k, and because it would fall outside of the claim period, nobody would be able to do jack fudge about it. :!:
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:31 pm

You can post PMs, you can't post personal identifying information...
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
elduderino619
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:09 pm

Mine came in today, def not as bad as OP but it does have couple small lines in the matte black ink towards the bottom.
howdyall
Art Expert

Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:13 pm

I honestly think he will end up reprinting just based on the damage he's doing rolling these things himself for shipping. There's no way he has enough left over to cover those.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:53 pm

This dude is a drymounting loser
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
howdyall
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:41 am

Someone who's friends with AL in Dallas has gone out of their way to pay me back, and AL is currently locked out of his paypal, so for those trying to send money or waiting for shipping, you may be on hold for a bit...depending on whether or not other people have complained (which may or may not have happened, I don't know), it may be longer than a bit.

And now I'm done. I may have to call paypal and deal with them on the return process, but otherwise, I got my money refunded.

This has been a whole bunch of bullshit and a ton of bitching I never wanted to do, along with wasted time I won't get back - if I were to get paid for the time I've spent drymounting with this, I could have bought several copies of this print at full price. :x

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:58 pm

When does the call out thread for Triangle start up? Or did I miss it?
Go ahead, make my millennium.
howdyall
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:20 pm

beetlejuice wrote:When does the call out thread for Triangle start up? Or did I miss it?
Codeblue wrote:Who?
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:04 pm

beetlejuice wrote:When does the call out thread for Triangle start up? Or did I miss it?
Anything specific? There are prints folks are waiting on, but that's all on Mo at Lastleaf.
Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.
bdm105
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:40 pm

As an outsider reading through all of this it sounds like the guy running all of these groups is operating a ponzi scheme.
howdyall
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:45 pm

bdm105 wrote:As an outsider reading through all of this it sounds like the guy running all of these groups is operating a ponzi scheme.
That's the point - you read this, and see exactly what's happening. And the comments about what may have been going on with the money, or in the time he was not responding, they aren't speculation. That's from his social posts on his own FB page. Anyone in the groups sees those, because they have to be friends on FB to even see the group.

Interest free loans, that are like pulling teeth to get back if you get tired of dealing with it.

And he's not the only one doing it, either.
xangelx
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:15 pm

A lot of Bernie Madoffs in the commission game.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:21 pm

luls
howdyall
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:44 pm

This is how petty this tool is:

but after this, he went on Paypal, went to the claim, and requested that I send it back, meaning that I have to waste even more time, and also drive to the post office to send this bullshit off.

To which I responded:

and followed up with another call to Paypal, because drymount this guy.

I wonder if his new wife knows about his alter ego: