A Very Horkey Thanksgiving (THC VII)

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby Baker on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:03 am

Gobble Gobble, it's a very Horkey Thanksgiving here on EB.

Please read this all the way through to limit the questions.

This year we will be celebrating Thanksgiving Horkey style. First let me say, there will be no turkeys carved into osprey, atleast not by me, if someone wants to give it a go, by all means. This year is very much coming together at the very last minute and flying mostly by the seat of our pants on this, but figured a last minute THC was better than no THC. This is being put together by a small group of us, Im just the mouthpiece here. With that said, if anyone wants to make any sort of donations for things to give away, feel free to PM me here. At this point in time I honestly have no idea how much or what will be given away, and it may not all be Horkey stuff this year, but if you dont like free stuff, well then...I can show you the door.

On to the "rules". We are going to keep it the same and say 13 is the magic number this year of pieces of art to be eligible. You also must have 350+ posts on EB. This is and has always been meant to be something the community does, posting is part of being in the community. Due to the tight time frame the number is not going to go up this year. What is eligible you might ask? (Cause 60 people always do).

Signed/#ed Prints (on any medium) (Duplicates do NOT count, Variants Count)
BoNA S/D Prints
Originals
Skate Decks

Thats it. No stickers, no handbills, no belt buckles or shirts. (Yes I realize in the past some of these things counted, this is a simpler time now)

That said, its always awesome to see all those things posted, so please post away.

To be eligible for the giveaways in THC VII, You must have 13 items that match the above criteria (And 350+ posts), and post a NEW photo of them. You have until Thanksgiving Afternoon to get your photo posted 11/24. If I havent posted saying the signups are over, then you still can sign up.

Dont make me be that guy to go back through last years thread and find your old photo you re-used. I realize this is a shorter time frame, but you have this weekend and the morning of Thanksgiving as well.

On Thanksgiving while recovering from eating all day, all the giveaways will be posted. You will have all day to enter them. On Black Friday, once again probably in the afternoon, Ill make a post that will be the cutoff for entries, and then later will get all the winners pulled.

A couple of notes on them. A few of the giveaways you will only be able to enter based on if certain things were in your photo(s) you posted. That will make more sense when the time comes. You can only win 1 giveaway, so once you win, you will not be eligible for the others that you may have entered. So enter wisely.

*And for those wondering, yes Craig knows I am doing this, and yes he supports it.
Last edited by Baker on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baker
Art Expert

ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"

ImageImageImageImageImageImage T.H.C

Postby jkw3000 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:11 am

But what is eligible? WHAT?!

Actually just posting to say that it's nice to see this keep going - I don't qualify at all but glad it's still around and kicking. Enjoy folks. :pint:
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby Frog on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:16 am

Sweet!! Now to pull all the Horkey's together for their annual family photo.
Frog
Art Connoisseur

Postby twiztid_nl on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:35 am

twiztid_nl
Art Connoisseur

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tetra Hydro Cannabinol

Postby Baker on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:36 am

Meant to add, make sure you add your name to the running list and please each person copy the list into their post to make it easier for everyone.

1. twiztid_nl
Baker
Art Expert

ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"

ImageImageImageImageImageImage T.H.C

Postby agr719 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:49 pm

Like Joe, I also don't qualify at all, but I'm commenting so I can come back easily and see new pics from everyone :pint:

Also, Tim, good on you guys for keeping something going. This is always fun to see, even as an outsider looking in :clap:
agr719
Art Expert

Image Image ImageImage
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.

Postby Snowboarder37918 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:29 pm

So excited for this!!
Snowboarder37918
Art Connoisseur

Postby profbobo on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:25 pm

1. twiztid_nl
2. profbobo

profbobo
Art Connoisseur

ImageImage

Postby talkingdeads on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:20 pm

That's a very large stuffed animal!
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Postby southerngarden on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:36 pm

So happy to see this. thank you guys very much. :clap:
Last edited by southerngarden on Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southerngarden
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Postby wottagunn on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:48 pm

can I do a walkthrough style video of my framed prints + a few in the flat file? or does it have to be a photo?

cheers to that small group for getting this going :cheers:
wottagunn
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Postby jayper on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Going through a move at the moment, and I took these photos weeks back in case THC got started during the move. Unfortunately, all the big ones (ODIR, OTA, WBG, TWBB, JP) were already packed away at picture time. Just happy I took photos of enough prints to participate this year! If I'm able to get the others out safely from storage in time this year, I'll add another photo!

Thanks very much to the team organizing everything this year!

1. twiztid_nl
2. profbobo
3. jayper
jayper
Art Expert

Postby Thronk on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:58 pm

I'm excited :D
Thronk
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:02 pm

Cheers for keeping this going! Off to a good start :pint:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby profbobo on Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:29 pm

talkingdeads wrote:That's a very large stuffed animal!

I had it surprise delivered to my wife's office, hah. She hated trying to figure out how to bring it home.
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

ImageImage

Next

Return to Anything Goes