A Very Horkey Thanksgiving (THC VII)

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby piper27 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:35 am

talkingdeads wrote:I appreciate it, but i started this project based on it being a gift for friends who enjoy an artist i very much so respect.

I do have a new appreciatiom for cardboard, you wouldnt believe how much that cost for 200, 10x10" pieces (had to buy in lots of 100). I should have bought a table saw and some cheap floor boards instead haha!

Next time you need corrugate let me know. I work in a box plant that produces single wall and double wall corrugate. We've got miles and miles of it
piper27
Art Connoisseur

Postby talkingdeads on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:38 am

I went with triple width, maybe overkill? But because there is no est sale value on them, doesnt help to insure them, so people will get what they get and i hope the majority if not all are happy

:pint:

Next time though, Piper!
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Postby piper27 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:58 am

Yeah just let me know next time you could stack 3 sheets of B flute corrugate and that would survive a bomb
piper27
Art Connoisseur

Postby talkingdeads on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:24 am

My helper bee suddenly has to go out of town for a week, but she is dropping off the cardboard and poly bags tonight, first wave of people should start seeing these by saturday or early next week. It is my goal to pack a handful every night, and when she gets back next tuesday to finish the project and have them all done and out the door.

Feel free to post them on instagram as you receive them, i know aaron will love seeing the support!
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Postby barrettrhoades on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:31 am

SO awesome guys. And Beautiful FOTBO Baker. That is one of my favorite pieces. Almost bought a copy 8-9 years ago, but held out in hope of a re-print. Maybe that dream will be realized one day, and I hope that Aaron would do a pre-order to get as many in the hands of collectors as possible. I have seen pics of a reprinted one somewhere in the bird machine studio...

Thanks for everyone's generosity.
barrettrhoades
Art Connoisseur

ImageImageImage

Postby talkingdeads on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Most of these are heading out the door this weeked, let me know if it isnt a good time, and i can hold it until it is.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Postby jayper on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:15 pm

talkingdeads wrote:Most of these are heading out the door this weeked, let me know if it isnt a good time, and i can hold it until it is.

:rock: :rock: :rock:
jayper
Art Expert

Postby southerngarden on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Thank You ALL! :notworthy:
southerngarden
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Postby talkingdeads on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:29 am

If anyone wants a specific number to match their previous year's thc print, let me know. 1-27 are obviously taken by royal order, aaron has a handful, evildee requested 54, 34 requested by eric, 59 taken by jayper but the majority of the rest of the numbers are open. Just pm me photo proof of your previous print and i will see what i can do
Last edited by talkingdeads on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Postby Snowboarder37918 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:38 am

talkingdeads wrote:If anyone wants a specific number to match their previous year's thc print, let me know. 1-27 are obviously taken by royal order, aaron has a handful, evildee requested 54, 34 requested by eric, but the majority of the rest of the numbers are open. Just pm me photo proof of your previous print and i will see what i can do

That'd be cool. I'll check this evening. Good idea!
Snowboarder37918
Art Connoisseur

Postby tourist504 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:55 pm

talkingdeads wrote:If anyone wants a specific number to match their previous year's thc print, let me know. 1-27 are obviously taken by royal order, aaron has a handful, evildee requested 54, 34 requested by eric, 59 taken by jayper but the majority of the rest of the numbers are open. Just pm me photo proof of your previous print and i will see what i can do

I'm #69. I don't have a photo on me, but I am!
tourist504
Art Expert

maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.

BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.

jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.

Imagex6

Postby jayper on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:51 pm

tourist504 wrote:I'm #69.

jayper
Art Expert

Postby southerngarden on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:56 am

talkingdeads wrote:If anyone wants a specific number to match their previous year's thc print, let me know. 1-27 are obviously taken by royal order, aaron has a handful, evildee requested 54, 34 requested by eric, 59 taken by jayper but the majority of the rest of the numbers are open. Just pm me photo proof of your previous print and i will see what i can do

late PM sent.
Yes, please and thank you. Number 107 please.
(just curious but is there going to be a COA for this thing?...cause the "To Honor Chaos" COA is one of the most badass things ever!)
Attachments
Horkey 107 02 (1).jpg
Horkey 107 02 (1).jpg (88.78 KiB) Viewed 217 times
southerngarden
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Postby SPICOLEI on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:55 am

southerngarden wrote:late PM sent.
Yes, please and thank you. Number 107 please.
(just curious but is there going to be a COA for this thing?...cause the "To Honor Chaos" COA is one of the most badass things ever!)

I believe the edition size is 100 :(
SPICOLEI
Art Connoisseur

Image Image Image

Postby talkingdeads on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:52 am

All final US Domestics are packaged and will be mailed today, tried to go yesterday, post office wasnt open. If you are US based and dont have it within two weeks, send me a pm. Internationals will go out Friday, have to fill out customs forms still for those but they are all packaged as well.

Sending a group pm tonight. Several good friends have approached me about donating some cash for this project, but i am firm that this is a gift from me to everyone in this club. Most of you are friends, have had beers with me, traded prints with me, or your posts have brought me joy over the years and i require nothing in return but keeping this group together! However, enough people have asked i would like to arrange a thank you gift for aaron as a surprise. Total cost framed comes out to about 1100 dollars (Peacedog offered to do the framing for almost material costs, he's the best!) I cannot stress enough, no donation is required only if you want to kick in for a gift for Aaron. Poster is of a print of his favorite movie by one of his favorite artists, already have a seller, one of my favorite people here. Aaron mentioned wanting one when i was out in mlps to pick the THC prints up. This was a long post, get ready for a longer group pm later haha!
talkingdeads
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes