All Things BBQ

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
doppelgangbanger
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:32 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Your posts are stunning wotta. I do a few ribs on my charcoal grill and feel like I'm a king, you are seriously next level. I do worry about your health and imagine you as a 400 lb Australian monster, but that's besides the point. :lol:

But do you worry at all about the cancer risks associated with the charred outside that you often achieve? The HCAs and PAHs apparently skyrocket on meat cooked this way. Maybe this isn't the place for this question but as it appears you eat this stuff all the time...
I agree wotta's BBQ looks amazing. But because of what you noted I eat BBQ very rarely.
piper27
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:56 pm

wottagunn wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:It really is just your passion - I respect passion. :notworthy:
Yep that's it
Yesterday I was up at 5am. Got the fire going and sat out in the shed with my dog, had a coffee and put a podcast on. It's very quiet where I live and I enjoy that
This right here is my favorite reason to BBQ. Getting up early before the wife and kids, I usually start at 4am. It's still dark and so quiet outside. Just plain peaceful. Spark up a left handed cig and throw the meat on and just enjoy the sunrise :ziggi:
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 pm

piper27 wrote:
wottagunn wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:It really is just your passion - I respect passion. :notworthy:
Yep that's it
Yesterday I was up at 5am. Got the fire going and sat out in the shed with my dog, had a coffee and put a podcast on. It's very quiet where I live and I enjoy that
This right here is my favorite reason to BBQ. Getting up early before the wife and kids, I usually start at 4am. It's still dark and so quiet outside. Just plain peaceful. Spark up a left handed cig and throw the meat on and just enjoy the sunrise :ziggi:
....and the beer drinking.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:05 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
piper27 wrote:
wottagunn wrote:
Yep that's it
....and the beer drinking.
Haha yep. That's probably worse for my health than the meat
wottagunn
Art Expert

Sun May 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Chicken wings yesterday. These were rubbed, smoked, glazed then smoked again. They were incredible and went very quickly. Should've doubled the amount.

aznpunkyu
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 12, 2019 7:52 pm

man, all that looks so good. Good job
Image THC x 3
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon May 20, 2019 7:52 pm

so im cooking for 60 people this weekend for a mates 30th, going to be interesting. Im excited for it but also a little nervous.

Also ive decided to enter my first BBQ comp! got two mates lined up to lend a hand. it takes place next month on the 22nd and runs for two days.

kansasbbq
Art God

Tue May 21, 2019 10:18 am

Good luck!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 am

I feel like my favorite threads on this site the last couple of years were watching Wotta's house be built, and then his smoking rig coming together, and now his budding career in catering bbq! Love it man, keep posting it all. Wish you were closer so I could bring over some beers and partake in the Q!

Good luck with this weekend and especially with the competition - I'm sure you'll kill it! :cheers:
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2019 12:58 am

haha thanks mate!
id love to have a few beers and cook up with some folk here for sure. hopefully one day I can get over Stateside and try the bbq from where it all started.

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated, following this coming catering gig and of course the bbq comp.
I know we have to cook and hand in: brisket, pork ribs, pulled pork, lamb ribs, lamb loin, chicken thighs and chicken wings. I've also got some sponsors lined up for it which is great and makes it all the more possible.

Also, I just got off the phone with a fabricator that is happy to put my catering trailer together. He knows his stuff, and I cant wait to get the quote!
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon May 27, 2019 11:00 pm

did 20kg of brisket and 60 cheese kranskys on the weekend for my mates 30th (didnt get any good photos amidst all the chaos)

wottagunn
Art Expert

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:04 pm

I'll continue to bump this thread - did some baby backs yesterday.

DMBfan
Art Expert

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:28 pm

:drool: love this thread
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:55 am

I'm thinking about grabbing this smoker: Pit Boss 1250-Watt Copper Door With Black Cabinet Electric Vertical Smoker (Common: 53.25-in; Actual: 53.25-in)
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pit-Boss-1250- ... 1000569579

Pro's, Cons & everything else I need to know. I'm guessing an electric smoker is noobish?
squalie
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:58 pm

Keep posting wotta :drool: :drool: