Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby IndyDMBFan on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 pm

I'm up to $130 net on these so far with 10 more tickets to sell.

I'll take it
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Postby toobs on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:40 pm

got so many of these, never get to use them though, everytime i go check to see what concerts i can use it for it lists nothing
toobs
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.

Postby IndyDMBFan on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:08 pm

the window for 2018 was only open for a couple of days. I just used 10 of the vouchers right when they came up. Probably another year until it pops up again.
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Postby toobs on Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:07 pm

IndyDMBFan wrote:the window for 2018 was only open for a couple of days. I just used 10 of the vouchers right when they came up. Probably another year until it pops up again.

wow what BS a couple of days lol :roll: i got some email about it last week and checked and the list was already gone so...? kinda lame having all these vouchers when u cant use them, fcuk ticketmaster monopoly
toobs
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.

Postby mfaith on Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:19 pm

I went on there right away, after getting the email, and didn't have anything available. :hanging:
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby kansasbbq on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:00 pm

There were plenty of shows in Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio.

Nothing for Austin though. :cussing:
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby mfaith on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:39 pm

kansasbbq wrote:There were plenty of shows in Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio.

Nothing for Austin though. :cussing:

That must have been my problem. I think i had it setup to filter for Austin. Lame not having anything here. :(
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby kansasbbq on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:48 pm

mfaith wrote:Lame not having anything here. :(

I agree.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby elscorcho on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:42 am

I love you EB. Wanted to write a bit about the LN Vouchers to help the girls and boys here win.

Here’s a couple of things to think about for your next shot at the concert voucher program.

All the vouchers expire in June of 2020. Maximum amount issued was 17x per account. There are a huge amount of vouchers issued, and over the past couple of sessions, some have not utilized the vouchers to their fullest potential. Future attempts at the voucher program may be last grasp efforts.

On the LN Voucher page, there’s a part where you can put in your email for an update for future voucher claiming opportunities, do that. You will get one email and it has come early in the morning on the day that the releases have begun.

The voucher program has opened mid-July, and remains open for as long as it takes to satisfy the agreement, which was 5M in value redeemed per year, although LN has increased the value limit to avoid looking skimpy during the fallout from people claiming that the vouchers are useless or that the window shut too quickly. It usually opens at some general time like 12p east coast, or 12p west coast. Be on standby if you want to succeed.

Looking ahead, if the program has opened in the past mid July, and the codes expire in June, we are looking at one more shot at utilizing the program. LN will see a firestorm of PR and complains as the program runs down, and might need to open up the program more than once to appear more fan friendly.

Now to actually using the vouchers. Go into this with the understanding that you’ll never see a gig that’s part of the program, you can potentially see any gig you want with the profits from selling your voucher redemptions, but don’t think that your favorite band will be on the list at the closest venue to you, this just isn’t a reality. If you are in a major market, you have to be on the button when the program opens, due to the massive amount of fans going after the scraps. Think outside your safe space, this is a free opportunity to try and get as many happy meals as you can. There’s not really any way to loose and you can’t win if you don’t play.

Do yourself a favor and write down your voucher codes or have them ready to cut and paste for the checkout form. Understand the massive demand for this and how each stall reduces your opportunity to execute.

What gigs are the best to redeem vouchers for. Try to go for events that might not take place until later in the year, like Sept or Oct. You will be trying to sell the tickets against a huge amount of others in the same boat. Giving yourself time is important in a lot of ways.

Think about going for club shows instead of huge amphitheater gigs. There’s a shot your club gig might sell out, but in the amphitheater setting, LN is just trying to get you to pay for parking, concessions, merch, or anything it can swindle from your “free ticket”

Don’t be afraid to trade your vouchers for shows not close to you that have major artist appeal. Understand that the power of the artist is what sells the ticket, the venue, local scene, atmosphere, and all that are great, but we come to hear the music. Go for the best artists regardless of where they are in relation to you.

Understand the demographics and what’s popular for each market that the voucher program is active in. Country music is huge in the northeast, rich kids go and party like it’s a Jimmy Buffet gig. Hard Rock is popular in the Midwest. Knowing what might have a shot at moving is important.

Don’t get greedy with your sales. Understand how much in service charges LN is charging on whatever you claimed with your vouchers. Use that as a milestone where you might expect the sales to be at. Sometimes there are big winners in there, but you have to go out of your safe space to even see those opportunities.

Use up all your vouchers. In reality, there’s hundreds of thousands of fans with these worthless codes and the window to use them was open for less than 3x days this year. Some don’t use any and as the program winds down, there’s going to be a general feeling of desperation to get anything out of the program. Understand this, grab the scraps you can and make it work for you.

Don’t complain. We are all live music fans and we all had a shot at some free gigs. If you didn’t even try or failed to maximize your opportunity, look in the mirror and determine why that is and make it better. Even though your favorite artist wasn’t on the list at the venue closest to you, understand that you could be at that gig by using your vouchers creatively.

Thanks for reading, hope all that helps and stay safe and take care of each other out there.
elscorcho
Art Enthusiast

Postby schmoff on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:54 am

Country music is huge in the northeast?
schmoff
Art Expert

Postby IndyDMBFan on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:20 am

Ya I was wondering about that as well....

Country Music is huge here in the Midwest, never thought it was big in the NE
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:13 am

Tl;dr
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby tehhippy on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:16 am

Codeblue wrote:Tl;dr

Yeah just tell me what to grab next time that will get that oldstoutmoneyz on Stubhub.
tehhippy
Art Expert

Postby Philpenn on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:49 pm

Bullshit pop country is huge in the NE.

Garth Brooks did for country music what pantyhose did for finger drymounting.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Postby schmoff on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:54 am

hhmm I live in NY and don't know anyone who listens to country, I guess maybe up in the mountains they do, I would actually like to see real demographics on this
schmoff
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes