Colorado Hiking

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby squalie on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:38 am

Hikd Roxborough State Park with the wife and little one a few weeks ago. Easy trails with beautiful views of that Colorado red rock. Also really close to the metro areas. Worth a visit if you've never been.
squalie
Art Expert

Postby canuck on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:43 am

Is that rock flipping us off?

Thanks for the pic! Scenery looks amazing.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby squalie on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:14 am

Ha! That is a wild rock formation. :D
squalie
Art Expert

Postby comountaingolf on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:14 am

Arrowhead GC is just down the street...

comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 7

Postby applehead on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:20 am

Cool pics, thx for posting.

I have to recommend Mohawk Lakes trail up near Breck. Went up a couple weekends ago and it's one of my favs.
applehead
Art Expert

Postby canuck on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:23 am

OH wow!

I gotta add that course to my must golf list.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby squalie on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:28 am

Gotta get away from the manicured green grass ever once in a while CoMT :lol:
squalie
Art Expert

Postby comountaingolf on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:56 am

We've hiked in the AM and played Arrowhead in the PM so it's all about options :lol:

Some great hikes around Red Feather Lakes if you're into a roadie to and from... and yeah, some great golf as well at Fox Acres :pint:

comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 7

Postby soam24 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:05 am

Any of you golf? I'd be down whenever...

Also, i'll post some pics from some fall colors @ RMNP from this past weekend asap.
soam24
Art Freak

Image http://numberedpaper.bigcartel.com/ <- buy art
TheGeneralDean wrote:Sarcasm is the first resort of the oblivious n the last refuge of the uneducated, so I understand why none of this makes sense to you

Postby jmagee87 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:19 am

Not necessarily hiking, but I'm in Colorado Springs this week for a work trip. My co-worker has never been to the mountains before so we took the drive over to Aspen the other day. Blew his mind.

He wants to go somewhere with no light pollution tomorrow night to actually be able to see the stars as they're meant to be seen. Was thinking of driving back down 24 until I hit that valley headed west. Would that be a good place?
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby squalie on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:30 am

jmagee87 wrote:Not necessarily hiking, but I'm in Colorado Springs this week for a work trip. My co-worker has never been to the mountains before so we took the drive over to Aspen the other day. Blew his mind.

He wants to go somewhere with no light pollution tomorrow night to actually be able to see the stars as they're meant to be seen. Was thinking of driving back down 24 until I hit that valley headed west. Would that be a good place?

Yeah, that is probably your best best for not driving too far. Co Springs puts off quite a bit of light pollution so the further away, the better. Now if you had an extra day I'd recommend you go to the Black Canyon of Gunnison NP. I went there on a no moon / no cloud night and the sky was lit up like a Christmas tree. Unreal sight.
http://darksky.org/black-canyon-of-the- ... signation/
squalie
Art Expert

Postby jmagee87 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:34 am

Man I wish we had the time to drive out that far. Hoping an hour west of CS with the mountains between us and there will be good enough to have very little light pollution
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby cotis on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:37 am

we have a house not far from Black Canyon. we go there every year, it's absolutely beautiful.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby soam24 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:03 am

squalie wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:Not necessarily hiking, but I'm in Colorado Springs this week for a work trip. My co-worker has never been to the mountains before so we took the drive over to Aspen the other day. Blew his mind.

Yeah, that is probably your best best for not driving too far. Co Springs puts off quite a bit of light pollution so the further away, the better. Now if you had an extra day I'd recommend you go to the Black Canyon of Gunnison NP. I went there on a no moon / no cloud night and the sky was lit up like a Christmas tree. Unreal sight.
http://darksky.org/black-canyon-of-the- ... signation/

Thanks for this dark sky site.. definitely going to come in handy. My house down by the 470/s university has been very pretty despite the insane light pollution. can't wait to camp and stargaze.
soam24
Art Freak

Image http://numberedpaper.bigcartel.com/ <- buy art
TheGeneralDean wrote:Sarcasm is the first resort of the oblivious n the last refuge of the uneducated, so I understand why none of this makes sense to you

Postby applehead on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:48 am

soam24 wrote:Any of you golf? I'd be down whenever...

Also, i'll post some pics from some fall colors @ RMNP from this past weekend asap.

I went out to the driving range on Sunday. Its been a while since I shot 18 but I'd be down to play sometime
applehead
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes