FIND A CALL OUT THREAD HERE

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:20 pm

biglemoncoke wrote:
novascotiapower wrote:Hey there! This isn't a call out, just a question. If a seller demands you use the friends and family option for a PayPal transaction, and cancels your deal when you say you'll be using the goods and services option, what's the reasoning there? I offered to pay the fees no problem, seller got agitated and told me no deal. Fine by me, because it seemed sketchy as hell. Is there any reason to ask for friends/family other than trying to rip some off?
never pay using gift, if things go south you're SOL.
Not if ya got that CC back up.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:22 pm

novascotiapower wrote:Hey there! This isn't a call out, just a question. If a seller demands you use the friends and family option for a PayPal transaction, and cancels your deal when you say you'll be using the goods and services option, what's the reasoning there? I offered to pay the fees no problem, seller got agitated and told me no deal. Fine by me, because it seemed sketchy as hell. Is there any reason to ask for friends/family other than trying to rip some off?
As long as you're offering to cover fees I can't think of a single legitimate reason to insist on you using friends and family. Sketchy as hell.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Sounds like a callout to me. What's the EBer's name?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:29 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
As long as you're offering to cover fees I can't think of a single legitimate reason to insist on you using friends and family. Sketchy as hell.
I thought so. I was actually lucky enough to have a nice seller explain the friends and family vs goods and services to me during my first purchase. It just struck me as strange that a seller would get so pissed off about it... unless they are trying to rip people off... which is the logical conclusion.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:48 pm

Taxes
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:57 pm

TKuczynski wrote:Taxes
Well, good luck to anyone that rolls the dice on that excuse.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:59 pm

novascotiapower wrote:
Bought a set of Taylor Bounty Hunter prints from a guy who used that as an excuse. He did agree to ship half the set to me before I had to pay though.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Kramerica wrote:
novascotiapower wrote:
Bought a set of Taylor Bounty Hunter prints from a guy who used that as an excuse. He did agree to ship half the set to me before I had to pay though.
At least you're both taking a risk on that one though, that's respectable.
Last edited by novascotiapower on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Yea I didn't say it's by any means an acceptable excuse, but it's the go-to I've heard many times
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:04 pm

TKuczynski wrote:Yea I didn't say it's by any means an acceptable excuse, but it's the go-to I've heard many times
Word! I wasn't trying to sound snarky or sarcastic or anything. And you were right, that is the excuse this person tried to use.
admhall
Art Expert

Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:24 am

Selling Spusta's now
ImageStout Lotto "0-fer"

Send Bitcoin here

1EM43nMpSTyZA5hbsgLWTfPS8H5BmT8NiH
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:53 am

novascotiapower wrote:
Cousin works for the IRS as an auditor. If anyone thinks your responsibility to pay taxes disappears if you don't get that form from PayPal, you're drymounting stupid.
I donate anonymously.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:31 pm

deduct hobby losses against hobby gains...IRS auditors are just protecting their pensions...
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:38 pm

mattkardish wrote:deduct hobby losses against hobby gains...IRS auditors are just protecting their pensions...
Can't take a loss every year or it's not a hobby. Gift payments count as income when it comes to an audit. Everything is electronically documented and it only takes an algorithm to set your audit appointment, not a human.
*hand censored by the magical m'faith
mattkardish
Art Expert

Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:08 pm

nomdeguerre wrote:
mattkardish wrote:deduct hobby losses against hobby gains...IRS auditors are just protecting their pensions...
Can't take a loss every year or it's not a hobby. Gift payments count as income when it comes to an audit. Everything is electronically documented and it only takes an algorithm to set your audit appointment, not a human.
i am aware --- hence the losses only to the extent of gains, not to go below zero. if you're trying to take a loss on selling posters then that is quite an aggressive strategy