FIND A CALL OUT THREAD HERE

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
fredo
Art God

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:22 am

Mine was directed at you though. Now can we get to gettin' here and see the new alt? The drymounting suspense is killing me.
just a foil for me today, thanks
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:23 am

fredo wrote:Mine was directed at you though. Now can we get to gettin' here and see the new alt? The drymounting suspense is killing me.
You're not a Facebook user, we get it
I donate anonymously.
jkw3000
EB Team

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:24 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:
novascotiapower wrote:Hey there! This isn't a call out, just a question. If a seller demands you use the friends and family option for a PayPal transaction, and cancels your deal when you say you'll be using the goods and services option, what's the reasoning there? I offered to pay the fees no problem, seller got agitated and told me no deal. Fine by me, because it seemed sketchy as hell. Is there any reason to ask for friends/family other than trying to rip some off?
As long as you're offering to cover fees I can't think of a single legitimate reason to insist on you using friends and family. Sketchy as hell.
I ask for gift these days if it's a complete newbie (ie bolded orange name). Just don't want to deal with anybody who may try to rip me off as a seller. I suppose CC protection would still be a factor, but if they're gonna rip me off I'm fine with them telling a CC company on the phone about it as opposed to hitting the refund request button.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
sez752
Art Expert

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:33 am

virtualj wrote:
sez752 wrote:
virtualj wrote:
mfaith wrote:So. I'm making a point. You're just picking a fight.
Again, you can type into the Facebook box instead of the eb box to find out what that person is taking about. You're not drymounting stupid
I don't use Facebook. By not having a page, I'm unable to use the search box on Facebook. It prompts a sign in box to complete the search.
Wasn't directed at you fred, was asking a specific Facebook user I see everywhere why they were having a hard time.
:lol: My name isn't Fred. Don't believe me, ask anyone in my feedback. This guy's holier than thou attitude is quite amusing.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:16 am

sez752 wrote:
virtualj wrote: Wasn't directed at you fred, was asking a specific Facebook user I see everywhere why they were having a hard time.
:lol: My name isn't Fred. Don't believe me, ask anyone in my feedback. This guy's holier than thou attitude is quite amusing.
Which is exactly what someone named Fred would say. Classic misdirection.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
fredo
Art God

Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:30 am

It's actually "better than thou". I'm an atheist.

ps I love everybody.
sez752
Art Expert

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:26 am

My comment was not aimed at you. My apologies if it read that way.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:43 am

sez752 wrote:My comment was not aimed at you. My apologies if it read that way.

Whatever you sez Fred
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
fredo
Art God

Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:59 am

What did you just call me?

ps no sweat.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:05 pm

flashphishin
Art Expert

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:47 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:
novascotiapower wrote:Hey there! This isn't a call out, just a question. If a seller demands you use the friends and family option for a PayPal transaction, and cancels your deal when you say you'll be using the goods and services option, what's the reasoning there? I offered to pay the fees no problem, seller got agitated and told me no deal. Fine by me, because it seemed sketchy as hell. Is there any reason to ask for friends/family other than trying to rip some off?
As long as you're offering to cover fees I can't think of a single legitimate reason to insist on you using friends and family. Sketchy as hell.
I ask for gift these days if it's a complete newbie (ie bolded orange name). Just don't want to deal with anybody who may try to rip me off as a seller. I suppose CC protection would still be a factor, but if they're gonna rip me off I'm fine with them telling a CC company on the phone about it as opposed to hitting the refund request button.
Great advice from jkw3000. I've been ripped off that way before. It sux.

That being said, I haven't posted in forever, but it's a stupid amount of call out threads on here these days. What has this place become..... :evil:
Limited Paper Mayne
thebends9 wrote:You fruitcakes need thicker skin.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:04 pm

flashphishin wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:
Great advice from jkw3000. I've been ripped off that way before. It sux.

That being said, I haven't posted in forever, but it's a stupid amount of call out threads on here these days. What has this place become..... :evil:
hobby grows, law of large numbers, bound to be a few bad eggs.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:04 pm

enough chatter...take it elsewhere :roll:

getting back on track

chrisjuniper
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 2&t=172107
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:58 pm

^ chrisjuniper should be changed to tootexas, me thinking.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:56 pm

it's a callout thread, not a judgement. people can make their own decisions.
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!