Homeowner Life

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby piper27 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:09 am

zefarrett wrote:Plus, buying a couch blows. So many are uncomfortable. :hanging:

I own a Franklin brand couch. Best investment ever. Life time warranty on everything except the leather. They have replaced my cushions twice in about 6 years with no questions asked. Replacements are always shipped out free right to my door.
piper27
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.

Postby hunterjax on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:18 am

piper27 wrote:
zefarrett wrote:Plus, buying a couch blows. So many are uncomfortable. :hanging:

I own a Franklin brand couch. Best investment ever. Life time warranty on everything except the leather. They have replaced my cushions twice in about 6 years with no questions asked. Replacements are always shipped out free right to my door.

Been looking at Joybird for a new couch. I keep pushing for leather but my wife is anti- for some reason.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby chevyav53 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:36 am

This was a first for me. One of my renters calls me from Texas yesterday to give their 30 day notice. I was ok with that but asked if they cleaned the place. Tells me left the house unlocked had a friend cleaning it out but left some stuff there still, working with him to get it out. Best part, house was unlocked because he apparently lost the keys months ago and never told me.

Went to the house to lock it up and walking the house, all and all not the worst I've had to deal with, he replaced the carpets and cleaned the wood floors well. What I don't get and almost always run into issues with are the walls and windows. They were there 3 years, and these walls look as if they were all walked on, gum on window sills, missing screens, blinds never dusted etc... But the walls and windows never cease to amaze me. This is why you get 1st, Last, and a Deposit when renting. Might start hiring a maid to clean the houses once twice a year and inspect at those times. Pic of one of the windows.
Attachments
Window.jpg
Window.jpg (60.91 KiB) Viewed 322 times
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby piper27 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:55 am

hunterjax wrote:
piper27 wrote:

Been looking at Joybird for a new couch. I keep pushing for leather but my wife is anti- for some reason.

My wife is the same way
piper27
Art Expert

Postby zefarrett on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:25 am

We do have an ikea semi close by. However, ikea stresses me out. Theres so much going on.

I’ll take a look at those websites. So far I’ve been looking between ikea, bed bath and beyond (with that 20% off coupon), and amazon.

I’m also anti leather couch. Nothing worse than waking up from a nap stuck to the couch because it got hot as drymount. Well actually having to poop right after showering may be worse.

As for the couch, I’m so bad trying to visualize how it will look in the place. I may try to convince my gfs dad to come along since he has an interior design store. He’s going to help us remove the closet walk through door in our bedroom and do a nice sliding panel since the door opens awkward and ends up taking so much room up.
zefarrett
Art Freak

me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)

Postby Codeblue on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:48 am

piper27 wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:Armstrong Flooring American Scrape 5 in. Wide x 3/4 in. Thick, Medium Gloss Solid Oak Hardwood Flooring in Brown Bear

Good choice with that color! Love the dark with the white trim

Now that's a #manroom
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby hunterjax on Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:01 pm

^that's the shade of gray I want to paint our living room. My hardwoods are much lighter though so may have to go with darker paint. That looks sharp though.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Postby IWish on Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Tell me about it. It took me about a year to find the perfect couch. I had a lot of requirements on my list that were must-haves before I purchased (removable back cushions, pull out bed, no patterns; esp. floral - hate that). I found one at LA-Z-BOY... expensive, but good quality. Looks like this one, but mine has a pull out into a full size bed in lieu of a queen.

https://www.la-z-boy.com/p/sofas/beacon ... _/R-510647

Just remember - with furniture...you get what you pay for. I don't have pets or kids, so I didn't mind paying a premium for a new couch. Kids/pets in the house...go the inexpensive route, for sure.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby kansasbbq on Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:33 pm

hunterjax wrote:
piper27 wrote:

Room & Board
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby hunterjax on Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:02 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
piper27 wrote:

Room & Board

Like that they have a reversible chaise option . . . wish they had a few more colors. Will look at further though, thanks

edit: just saw they have customizable fabric and wood options
hunterjax
Art Expert

Postby mr_rugby on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:54 pm

hunterjax wrote:^that's the shade of gray I want to paint our living room. My hardwoods are much lighter though so may have to go with darker paint. That looks sharp though.

FYI: Sherwin Williams Gray Matters SW 7066

Choosing paint colors are a nightmare. Nothing on the internet looks the same and those paint swatches never seem to look the same on the wall.

Edit: That’s the bird’s room...
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Postby piper27 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:26 pm

mr_rugby wrote:
hunterjax wrote:^that's the shade of gray I want to paint our living room. My hardwoods are much lighter though so may have to go with darker paint. That looks sharp though.

Choosing paint colors are a nightmare. Nothing on the internet looks the same and those paint swatches never seem to look the same on the wall.

We painted the whole inside of our house Agreeable Grey. Couldn't go wrong
piper27
Art Expert

Postby relentlesskevin on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:55 am

chevyav53 wrote:This was a first for me. One of my renters calls me from Texas yesterday to give their 30 day notice. I was ok with that but asked if they cleaned the place. Tells me left the house unlocked had a friend cleaning it out but left some stuff there still, working with him to get it out. Best part, house was unlocked because he apparently lost the keys months ago and never told me.

Went to the house to lock it up and walking the house, all and all not the worst I've had to deal with, he replaced the carpets and cleaned the wood floors well. What I don't get and almost always run into issues with are the walls and windows. They were there 3 years, and these walls look as if they were all walked on, gum on window sills, missing screens, blinds never dusted etc... But the walls and windows never cease to amaze me. This is why you get 1st, Last, and a Deposit when renting. Might start hiring a maid to clean the houses once twice a year and inspect at those times. Pic of one of the windows.

That is nothing, when you get a court ordered eviction, and they know they won't get any money back, or they already know their wages are going to be garnished, they really get disgusting. Appearently taking the garbage out to the curb becomes too much work till they ride out the last 40 days of squatting.
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:50 am

relentlesskevin wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:This was a first for me. One of my renters calls me from Texas yesterday to give their 30 day notice. I was ok with that but asked if they cleaned the place. Tells me left the house unlocked had a friend cleaning it out but left some stuff there still, working with him to get it out. Best part, house was unlocked because he apparently lost the keys months ago and never told me.

That is nothing, when you get a court ordered eviction, and they know they won't get any money back, or they already know their wages are going to be garnished, they really get disgusting. Appearently taking the garbage out to the curb becomes too much work till they ride out the last 40 days of squatting.

Unfortunately I know about that as well... The previous tenant, 3 years ago, I had to evict, in CA takes forever but worked it's fair. I got some money back but no way to garnish wages if they are good at avoiding being tracked. I got enough back but this prick smashed the interior doors, and left a lot of trash. Replacing interior doors was more a pain in the arse than I thought it would be. Having to plane them all to fit was time consuming but a learning process. Though I have some horror stories even this guy paid 4 years of my mortgage and then some for me.
Attachments
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg (189.9 KiB) Viewed 203 times
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby hunterjax on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:02 am

mr_rugby wrote:

thanks, adding it to the list of options.
hunterjax
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes