Homeowner Life

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby ipath2003 on Sun May 27, 2018 11:05 am

piper27 wrote:Did you use a paint gun or roll that whole rail?

Roller and brush. I don’t think that Deckover stuff would go through a paint gun. It’s wicked thick
ipath2003
Art Expert

Postby piper27 on Sun May 27, 2018 11:12 am

ipath2003 wrote:
piper27 wrote:Did you use a paint gun or roll that whole rail?

Roller and brush. I don’t think that Deckover stuff would go through a paint gun. It’s wicked thick

I'm no expert as I've only been with the Wagner Group for about a month now. They make a huge product line and I'm pretty sure they make a gun for everything all the way up to super viscous material. I'll ask Tuesday just to confirm though. I've seen them do demos in the Innovation Center and they can paint 2 sides of deck rails at one time with this one gun.
piper27
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue May 29, 2018 12:02 am

wottagunn wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:That looks great wotta! It is coming right along. I like the roof is it metal or some sort of composite?

Thanks mate. It is a Colorbond roof. Steel sheeting, designed in Australia. Think they're guaranteed no maintenance for 25 years...? Really hardy, easy to install (they did the roof in one day) and it looks great.

I knew the metal roofs were pretty stout, but 25 years is nice! What kind of sound insulation do they put on with those? I will be interested in what it sounds like during a storm. Looks great, but it looks like they are now hitting that time where things slow way down. Taping, mudding and finish work seem to take forever compared to framing. Enjoy the ride, it is really fun.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby Codeblue on Tue May 29, 2018 1:11 am

Metal and brick one stories. They sure do fudge differently down unda.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby wottagunn on Tue May 29, 2018 8:59 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
wottagunn wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:That looks great wotta! It is coming right along. I like the roof is it metal or some sort of composite?

Thanks mate. It is a Colorbond roof. Steel sheeting, designed in Australia. Think they're guaranteed no maintenance for 25 years...? Really hardy, easy to install (they did the roof in one day) and it looks great.

I knew the metal roofs were pretty stout, but 25 years is nice! What kind of sound insulation do they put on with those? I will be interested in what it sounds like during a storm. Looks great, but it looks like they are now hitting that time where things slow way down. Taping, mudding and finish work seem to take forever compared to framing. Enjoy the ride, it is really fun.

Ever heard rain on a tin roof? Sounds fantastic in a storm!
The roof has sarking insulation, which just goes over the rafter and under the metal sheets.
Thanks man. Enjoying the process a great deal. They have begun plastering and cabinet installation this week.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Image Image Image ImageImage

Postby wottagunn on Wed May 30, 2018 11:24 pm

Purchased this bidet yesterday! CAN NOT WAIT to get this drymounter installed. Been missing this since my Japan visit 5 months ago. They've got it figured out over there. I urge everyone to try to give one a shot if possible.

wottagunn
Art Expert

Postby bluebirdsong on Thu May 31, 2018 1:51 am

I put up black out curtains and spun hiss spun on my turntable with a cup of whiskey tea with my living room dark; I think I'm gonna take all the light bulbs out and live by candlelight this rules.
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Postby soam24 on Thu May 31, 2018 12:06 pm

wottagunn wrote:Purchased this bidet yesterday! CAN NOT WAIT to get this drymounter installed. Been missing this since my Japan visit 5 months ago. They've got it figured out over there. I urge everyone to try to give one a shot if possible.

We have one as well in our house. Anyone not having one is missing out.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby ldiddy on Thu May 31, 2018 12:50 pm

soam24 wrote:
wottagunn wrote:Purchased this bidet yesterday! CAN NOT WAIT to get this drymounter installed. Been missing this since my Japan visit 5 months ago. They've got it figured out over there. I urge everyone to try to give one a shot if possible.

...no.
ldiddy
Art Expert

Postby kansasbbq on Thu May 31, 2018 1:43 pm

soam24 wrote:

Missing out on what?
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby Codeblue on Thu May 31, 2018 1:45 pm

A wet butthole.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby soam24 on Thu May 31, 2018 4:32 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
soam24 wrote:

Missing out on what?

Cleanliness.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby wottagunn on Thu May 31, 2018 6:04 pm

If you have never used one, you honestly can't comment about them in a negative way.
Any other thing you wash, you use water to help. If you have some mud on your car, you won't just go at it with a dry cloth... You'd hose the drymounter first with some water.

They also have a female wash. Press that button and it gives the ol brain bag a tickle.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Postby wottagunn on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:51 am

We are at lock up! (well, a few lengths of the Scyon weatherboard need to go up, but it's close).

wottagunn
Art Expert

Postby hunterjax on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:38 am

looks good man - love the entry.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes