Homeowner Life

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby piper27 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:53 am

soam24 wrote:
piper27 wrote:
soam24 wrote:Forgot about this thread..

We put solar panels on the roof, just painted the house, and replaced all the exterior lights. good times!

Do you have storage for the electricity you produce or does it go back to the grid?

I had options. The one I chose for the time being is back to the grid, storage at the moment is extremely expensive to buy and it's the first edition if you will. Hoping once a future generation comes out it will be more affordable.

That's awesome looking into installing those in the future as well. Hopefully Tesla's home power storage unit drops in price quickly.

How was the process of buying them? Did your state or power company offer any incentives?
piper27
Art Connoisseur

Postby soam24 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:01 pm

We leased our roof in exchange for super cheap bills. So we didn't have to buy anything. Not to mention the hail storms get pretty nasty here in the spring and I wouldn't want to be on the hook for repairs. Pretty happy with the way things worked out. We used SunRun if you ever think of going that way lmk for a referral :pint:
soam24
Art Freak

Postby sidewaysscott on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:50 pm

SunRun, have heard good things from them.

We're having the Tesla folks come later in the month to discuss their solar work. We'll see. Our house is perfect for solar work, and are going down that road. We recently did a major reno on our back yard. Removed the deck, hottub, flagstones and replaced it all with some awesome sod, sprinkler system, and two gardens.

Next week, we're completing the final stages of new windows in our back room...5 huge windows being replaced and should make a major difference.
sidewaysscott
Art God

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.

Postby squalie on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:56 pm

Very cool Soam. Solar is the way to go here in CO.

Lets see some picks of that backyard Scott. Looking for some inspiration for ours.
squalie
Art Expert

Postby soam24 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:11 pm

Scott,

if you want, I can give you my sunrun guys info. He was awesome. The lease program is really incredible. You have fixed energy costs moving forward. Our current bill for electric is on average/12months $104. We wont hit that number until year 10.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby kansasbbq on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:33 pm

piper27 wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:nice looking home you have there! :pint:

Thank you. :cheers: I only picked one thing while building and that was the stone for the fireplace. The rest is all my wife. I think she did a decent job.

She did a great job.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby piper27 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:19 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
piper27 wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:nice looking home you have there! :pint:

Thank you. :cheers: I only picked one thing while building and that was the stone for the fireplace. The rest is all my wife. I think she did a decent job.

She did a great job.

Thanks you. Now if I was in charge it would be so miss matched it would look like a test print. Thank goodness for women and pintrest
piper27
Art Connoisseur

Postby stuckeyc on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:59 pm

drymounting rain rain and more rain everything flooding. Two pumps running and barely able to keep up.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Postby leary411 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:39 pm

We only have one bathroom and this is it... wish me luck over the next two weeks :/
leary411
Art Expert

Image T.K.C.

Postby samuraiwriter on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:10 pm

Saved and saved for years.

The wife and I bought our first home, a 1000 sq. ft. condo on the fifth (top) floor overlooking a lovely golf course in sunny Sarasota. We paid cash. :clap:
Spent the last 3 months doing ceilings, floors, kitchen, etc. Moved in this weekend. Lots of crap to unpack but the place looks amazing.

So happy to finally be able to post in this thread.

Will post pics soon.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Postby kansasbbq on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:07 am

Congrats! :pint:

samuraiwriter wrote:Will post pics soon.

Please do.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Previous

Return to Anything Goes